Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Now really.

I like Draymond Green but he's in a perfect position to shine, Bogut is a tall and defensive center himself and he has two of the best 3 pt shooters in history to steal attention from him. I think he's too short to be our PF next to Vuc and too flabby to be our SF.

---

Priority - get a defensive PF

Would like to get Towns in the draft but that would take some luck. I say try to get a mid first rounder and get some international defensive prospect. They seem to be good very often like Ibaka, Antetokounmpo or Gobert (who I had doubts about, thought he was way too skinny and robotic, but he became a defensive beast)

Maybe Aaron Gordon will be that guy we need but it's going to be year 4 and I'm losing patience.

---

Re-sign Harris and get a good backup PG

Here comes a 3rd post.. forgot some stuff

--

I like Thibs but his players are always injured, maybe he plays a big part in that. And trading for Noah? I would love Noah if he was healthy 100% of the time but he always seems to miss like half the season and playoffs

What's tough about signing a free agent PF is the Frye signing, which simply has not worked out. I think Frye can be a role player on another team, but his defense next to Vooch's defense creates massive problems. If we're sticking with Vooch as our big, I think we need to trade Frye this summer… even if it's just a salary dump. Maybe he could fetch us a backup PG.

Pat Williams was at the last ping pong event.

Very aware of this. It was a tongue in cheek comment, and realistically our best pick is probably #4.

That's what I was getting at before also. Interestingly, because of that reasoning, it's slightly possible that signing two would actually be easier than just one because each would know that the team is making a major upgrade.

Still very much a long shot in my opinion, though.

The Magic can attract free agents with the right coach in place. This is a team that can pay players and guys in the league are very aware of the young talent here. It's not going to be hard to sell this team as a playoff team next year.

I'm watching Draymond Green for the first time this evening and HOLY COW - he is what we need next to Vooch.

I don't know if he's worth a "max" contract, but he's definitely the perfect defensive / shooting compliment to Vucci-mane.

Agree. Been saying this for ages. The thing about him is that he fits the mindset of this team. He can switch and cover any position on defense and of course we know he can shoot. The pitch to him is that he would be the star and leader of the team and would take us back to the playoffs. Not saying we get him, but he's a guy the Magic will have interest in and for good reason.

If we get him, resign T12 for a fair deal AND get a guy like Hezonja or Johnson in the draft if we pick at 5 or 6, I think we are scary with the right coach.

The head coaching job has opened at Magic interim coach James Borrego’s alma mater, the University of San Diego.

The Toreros (15-16) fired Bill Grier on Monday after eight seasons. Borrego, 37, played forward for three seasons at San Diego and then served as a graduate assistant coach.

The Magic will begin a coaching search after the season and the odds of Borrego being retained are long. They are 6-10 under Borrego, who took over for the fired Jacque Vaughn in early February.

Borrego might be able to land another NBA gig as an assistant coach. But now that he’s had a taste of being ahead coach, would he be interested in leading a college program – and at a place in which he is familiar?

http://www.orlandose...50317-post.html

Problem with our offseason is that there are a lot of luck factors. To get Thibs will take some luck. I mean, we don't even know for sure that CHI fires him. We need them to lose ASAP in the playoffs.

To get a top 3 pick would require INSANE luck unfortunately.

To get a top tier free agent will require some luck as well.

I think you will see Rob go after some under the radar free agents to fill out the team and address holes.

I do think he will go after some top free agents as well, but there is some luck involved there.

I know one thing - this will be the most exciting Magic offseason since the Dwight trade.

Problem with our offseason is that there are a lot of luck factors. To get Thibs will take some luck. I mean, we don't even know for sure that CHI fires him. We need them to lose ASAP in the playoffs.

To get a top 3 pick would require INSANE luck unfortunately.

To get a top tier free agent will require some luck as well.

I think you will see Rob go after some under the radar free agents to fill out the team and address holes.

I do think he will go after some top free agents as well, but there is some luck involved there.

I know one thing - this will be the most exciting Magic offseason since the Dwight trade.

The odds of us getting a top 3 pick aren't that long. If we're the 4 or even 5th worst team I'm guessing there's a better than 25% chance we move up to top three, which won't require insane luck (depends how you define insane luck I suppose). I'd think the odds of us landing a top tier FA and/or possibly landing Thibs are considerably lower.

Wish there was an Charles Oakley, Antonio Davis, Horace Grant type of PF out there to obtain.

It's not 1995. The game has changed.

The odds of us getting a top 3 pick aren't that long. If we're the 4 or even 5th worst team I'm guessing there's a better than 25% chance we move up to top three, which won't require insane luck (depends how you define insane luck I suppose). I'd think the odds of us landing a top tier FA and/or possibly landing Thibs are considerably lower.

I guess we will find out in 2 months.