Sign in to follow this  
TrueBlueDrew

All-Star Break Assessment

37 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give the Magic in rebuild year 3?

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • D
    • F

Henny gets an A-

Players get a B-

Vaughn gets an F

Rebuild gets a B-

I think we have some very attractive assets, and I think a good vet coach would love to coach this team. Henny needs to balance out the roster and we need to make a good hire, but I think we have a hopeful future.

• Upvote 1

Henny gets an A-

Players get a B-

Vaughn gets an F

Rebuild gets a B-

I think we have some very attractive assets, and I think a good vet coach would love to coach this team. Henny needs to balance out the roster and we need to make a good hire, but I think we have a hopeful future.

Fair

Henny gets an A-

Players get a B-

Vaughn gets an F

Rebuild gets a B-

This is exactly where I landed as well. I voted B- because I'm mainly thinking about the pieces we've aquired, the freed cap space, the different feel this team has verses the last 3 years with the old regime and Howard...I think whoever our next coach is could push it up to an B+/A- rebuild effort or drop it down to C- pretty easily.

I voted D.

We have a couple nice pieces but still too many holes 3 years later IMO. No interior D and a serious lack of perimeter scoring. Couple guys (nickolson/harkless) haven't panned out. The veterans we have brought in have not been a good fit. The coach had to get sacked mid-season, no way Rob ever thought he was going to have to do that. I'm not really upset or shocked with how things have gone but I think we are capable of better.

I would be more than willing to change my grade based on how the off-season goes. I think we fill a couple holes and start to mesh next season with our new coach.

Same thoughts. Shouldn't really get over a C- when you had to fire the coach mid-season.

Voted F. When things have gotten so bad you have to sack the coach its a bad season.

Roll on next season!

Have to agree with you. I'm not sure where all this optimism is coming from. We have some nice "pieces" but a horrible basketball team.

Our young guys haven't improved much (outside of Vuch, and Tobias , but I think we'll loose him this summer). Fyre has been an absolute dumpster fire (our one "big" free agent signing).

I like Payton, and he'll improve with a real coach. Gordon's an interesting athletic talent but a major project who may be a decent NBA starter sometime in the distant future, but not what we tanked for.

We're trying our best to trade two former "pieces" in Nich and Harkless, for pennies. We have no chance of even sniffing the playoffs in the horrible east, just limped off a double-digit losing streak by scraping by the D-league Lakers/Knicks, and look generally lost.

Oh yeah, we had to fire our coach pre-all-star break.

How is this season not F again? And what exactly could have gone worse?

• Upvote 1

Have to agree with you. I'm not sure where all this optimism is coming from. We have some nice "pieces" but a horrible basketball team.

Our young guys haven't improved much (outside of Vuch, and Tobias , but I think we'll loose him this summer). Fyre has been an absolute dumpster fire (our one "big" free agent signing).

I like Payton, and he'll improve with a real coach. Gordon's an interesting athletic talent but a major project who may be a decent NBA starter sometime in the distant future, but not what we tanked for.

We're trying our best to trade two former "pieces" in Nich and Harkless, for pennies. We have no chance of even sniffing the playoffs in the horrible east, just limped off a double-digit losing streak by scraping by the D-league Lakers/Knicks, and look generally lost.

Oh yeah, we had to fire our coach pre-all-star break.

How is this season not F again? And what exactly could have gone worse?

Can't argue most of your points. Gordon is a major project for sure, but if anyone is going to realize their potential it would be him. Also, outside of Wiggins and Payton, no rookie is really doing much most are hurt even. I never liked Nicolson from the day we drafted him. I always thought the pick should have been Sullinger. We still have big holes to fill and are not that close but i'm staying optimistic we make a splash in the offseason.

At the end of the day, missing out on Parker and Wiggins last year really sucked and theres no way around that. But maybe we get luck this year in the lotto.

Can't argue most of your points. Gordon is a major project for sure, but if anyone is going to realize their potential it would be him. Also, outside of Wiggins and Payton, no rookie is really doing much most are hurt even. I never liked Nicolson from the day we drafted him. I always thought the pick should have been Sullinger. We still have big holes to fill and are not that close but i'm staying optimistic we make a splash in the offseason.

At the end of the day, missing out on Parker and Wiggins last year really sucked and theres no way around that. But maybe we get luck this year in the lotto.

See, I don't think we missed out on Parker and Wiggins. Wiggins isn't a game changer like everyone else thought he would be. Parker is good and could have helped, but I see him as a better version of Tobias Harris.

I don't think we missed out on Exum as everyone (including myself) was hoping for. I think Henny has been spot on so far with all his moves with this team. With the exception of hiring JV as coach, everything else has really worked out. Even the questionable Ben Gordon seems to be a decent move for the salary we're giving him.

See, I don't think we missed out on Parker and Wiggins. Wiggins isn't a game changer like everyone else thought he would be.

Had a slow start but have you watched Wiggin's play recently?

Some of you guys are really pessimistic. It must really suck to have that world view. F would indicate we need to scrap this team and start over. It's nowhere near that bad.

• Upvote 1

I voted D. (No D+ option) I mostly agree with Soul Bro, but in no way would I give the players a B-. Quite frankly when you sign Channing Frye, and for that long in the first place, I'm not quite sure how Henny would get anything in the "A" range. Ben Gordon's been decent for the price and at least hasn't torn up the locker room, Willie Green has had his moments, same for Ridnour when actually used.

Some players have really come through (Vuc, Harris when healthy) and others have fallen off the map (Harkless, Frye, etc.)

Hennigan: B+

Players: C

Jacques Vaughn: F-

Overall: D+