Sign in to follow this  
MAGICmanSAM

George Karl's Love Affair With O-Town

If Karl agrees to the deal, then there is no point talkin about him coming.

Might as well start a new thread to talk about other coaches that might fit well with the Magic.

Just hope there is a fallout in the agreement.

I sure hope not, Kings better hire him

Not the sexiest name, but he's got a ton of wins and experience.

While that is true, Karl's teams have been eliminated in the first round for the past 10 years except 2008 so I am sure you will be complaining and want George fired if our Magic gets eliminated in the first round for 10 years

They will and we'll be stuck with a mediocre retread.

Exactly.

I love how we act like Phil Jackson should kiss our ring- oh WAIT, we don't have any to kiss.

I don't think the Magic were after Karl. I feel like they want to give Borrego a shot but if they hire anyone over the break it's Skiles.

I agree, it was either the fans or the media........and Karl himself, that kept him as a front-runner for JV's spot! I don't see Karl as management friendly, like Skiles, Jackson or Malone for that matter!

I think it will be an off season hire and it will be Thibbs or Scott Brooks if either are released. If Hennie is still in contact with Presti, he has the inside track on Brooks! IMHO

I agree, it was either the fans or the media........and Karl himself, that kept him as a front-runner for JV's spot! I don't see Karl as management friendly, like Skiles, Jackson or Malone for that matter!

I think it will be an off season hire and it will be Thibbs or Scott Brooks if either are released. If Hennie is still in contact with Presti, he has the inside track on Brooks! IMHO

Hell no on Scott Brooks and besides, if Scott gets fired, Kevin Durant will leave next year and I doubt Thunder will Fire Scott because of it and Scott is a very overrated coach, I rather have Jacque back over Scott overrated Brooks

Hell no on Scott Brooks and besides, if Scott gets fired, Kevin Durant will leave next year and I doubt Thunder will Fire Scott because of it and Scott is a very overrated coach, I rather have Jacque back over Scott overrated Brooks

You may be right about Brooks, but when you attempt to think about what moves Hennie has available to him, and what's left on the board, and based on some of the decisions he has made to date, I am just suggesting that is how this GM thinks!

I have no love for Brooks, but he is just the type of individual Hennie lends himself to! He could have hired Karl, or at least started a bidding war for his sevices, but he didn't! He could have Skiles, Jackson and Malone in hand right now.......but he stuck with Berrego! If Hennie is nothing else, he is consistent!

For the record, I like Thibbs, and I hope the Bulls are dumb enough to let him go.