Sign in to follow this  
ILoveOrlandoMagic

Game Thread: Magic @ Spurs

I don't. We will go back to playing like garbage. They played like this as a favor to JV so he wouldn't get blown out by his mentor.

You really believe this? :shard:

You give up 110 and you can't be congratulating yourself on your defense.

Maybe...........but we did not lose because we were not engaged...I think these guys are the reigning Champions!!!!

Love the starting line up tonight (sorry AG!). Fournier just does better starting.

Our bench is just horrendous but we stuck in there. This is what the spurs do - they play beautiful basketball and hit big shots. They are the defending champs after all.

If we play like this we would have won way more games.

The 110 points we gave up to the Spurs was completely different than the 110 points we have up to (pick a team). Tonight we were hustling to the ball and contesting shots. The Spurs made the extra pass and hit threes. It's what they do.

Process is more important than results. We keep playing like this and we'll beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

Exactly.

The a floor needs to be set.

Great game by Vucevic. He matched Tims performance so he gets leway on offense...but his defense is still needs work. It wasn't as unbearable as previous nights.

It could have been much worse than this and you know that!

Come on man.

A floor needs to be set for watchable games. No way can I bear bear to watch a game in which the team is missing point blank layups and missing wide open jumpers from player to player. I don't care if we come back and win either. That level of play is just not remotely competitive professional basketball.

The Magic still can play better than this. We've seen better. I've seen better. The Magic need to set a new floor for themselves to not sink to ever again. The players individually need to set floors for themselves to improve the team.

BRAV~O~........ Well said!!!! Great point!!!

Exactly.

The a floor needs to be set.

Great game by Vucevic. He matched Tims performance so he gets leway on offense...but his defense is still needs work. It wasn't as unbearable as previous nights.

Lets hope the floor has been set because we can't be much worse than we've been lately.

I hate moral victories, but with how bad we've been playing I really can't complain about tonight. Obviously the Spurs are a much better team but we took them to the wire. As others have said, we were engaged from start to finish (except for that 15-0 run in the first, early second) and played with confidence. I'm not going to pin the loss on one guy, but if Victor doesn't have such an off night we most likely win.

Either way, I will live with a moral victory tonight--so long as we come out Friday and beat LA.

The 110 points we gave up to the Spurs was completely different than the 110 points we have up to (pick a team). Tonight we were hustling to the ball and contesting shots. The Spurs made the extra pass and hit threes. It's what they do.

Process is more important than results. We keep playing like this and we'll beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

Maybe, maybe not. But the fact that we're congratulating ourselves on our competitiveness and effort when we give up 110 points in regulation is more a testament to how low our expectations have become in the past few weeks.

I predict he gets the whole season

Yea at this point they aren't going to humiliate him and fire him mid-season. We have 2 super winnable games during our next 4 (LA and NY) and if Vaughn goes 2-2 he will coach out the year. Now if he does drop the next 4, I'm not so sure a change doesn't come. But I really feel we will split our next 4 if we play like we did tonight.