Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

FIRE JACQUE VAUGHN THREAD

No. Skiles is ok. Wouldn't be thrilled but he's at least a good coach.

Jackson is a worst case scenario.

I'd rather have Jackson than Skiles. Jackson didn't get fired for sucking midseason. He took a young team with no experience into the playoffs. Sound familiar?

He got fired for personal stuff. I have a feeling if he wanted the job he'd make concessions in terms of hiring assistants and also trying to prove he has improved as a person as well.

I could be wrong, but the guy is a leader. The players love playing hard for him.

All the people saying Bill Simmons was right...well he also said Mark Jackson should be our coach.

• Upvote 1

Terminatorsalvation_comic_c_thumb_450x666.jpg

So many points for this post.

I mean, he clearly knows our offense having watched every game. However, I doubt even Brian Hill would want to come in and coach a team he has no chemistry with in the middle of the season, much less our management.

@ESPNSteinLine: RT @Chris_Broussard: Sources: 2 names to watch for the Orlando job - Scott Skiles & Mark Jackson

Oh my god this is going to be horrible.

It's not a good thing when people say your coach "isn't a great X's and O's guy but..."

WESH has Skiles and Gentry as top 2 candidates.....fwiw

Neither are the long-term answer. To add...I don't buy the speculation of "who" since we haven't even answered the question of "when", or even "whether", JV will be let go. None of this is Henny's style, it's pin the tail on the donkey time when it comes to those with "sources".

No. Skiles is ok. Wouldn't be thrilled but he's at least a good coach.

Jackson is a worst case scenario

Well, I can understand your position on Jackson, but I actually believe they both would bring a much needed, winning quality to this young and forming team!

people please read the way these stupid reports are worded. "____ could be in the running" "hearing ______ as possible candidate"

it's like stupid talking heads can't even muster up a "source close to the situation" or any other slightly less meaningless statement to tack on to their best guesses.

Neither are the long-term answer. To add...I don't buy the speculation of "who" since we haven't even answered the question of "when", or even "whether", JV will be let go. None of this is Henny's style, it's pin the tail on the donkey time when it comes to those with "sources".

Precisely. We were all talking Dante Exum or Noah Vonleh, and not a single reporter was reporting Aaron Gordon. Henny keeps things close to the chest. Even the hiring of JV came out of nowhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls something out of his hat that is very unexpected in his coaching search over the next half-year.

I wouldn't be able to handle a Mark Jackson hire. He's my least favorite basketball related person on the planet. That being said, I don't really have any suggestions beyond stating the obvious: hiring someone right now is a stupid idea. Any responsible management team would want the full array of candidates at their disposal. Most of those coaches are currently employed.

This is a lost season. JV needs to go as soon as possible so that the players believe that management will not tolerate a coach who has proved he is not capable of figuring out what it takes to help a team win. Right now, nobody knows these players better than the assistant coaches. Maybe Henny should do a one on one interview with the present staff and get their feedback. If one of them actually has a plan that he believes will work, and Henny buys into it, give him the reins with the understanding that he has until the end of the season to prove it. What do we have to lose? If it works, he will look like a genius, if not, there will be more options this summer than there are right now.