Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

The Sky Is Falling..?

Let me get this straight - you use an "I'm done with this team because we drafted Aaron Gordon" thread as an example of legit post? I just want to be clear what I am reading here because I don't really see anything that out of line with what we projected. Most of us said this team would possibly compete for an 8th seed, and if they get things going again, it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

The main problem with the summer whiners was how they complained about things they knew nothing about. They didn't know a damn thing about Elfrid or AG and decided they sucked anyway. They didn't realize that a rebuild takes 4-5 years so they whined that we didn't get star X or Y and demanded us to fast forward the process since they deserved it as "loyal fans". Most said the Ben Gordon signing was terrible as well.

So let's not try and justify these people like they made a valid point off of their wishy washy, hedging opinions that allow them to bandwagon the team if it gets good or bash them to death if it doesn't.

On to your points:

- Correct. Creating a young team is no secret to success but it is still THE BEST strategy to succeed long term. The only way to get stars when you are bad is via draft and talent acquisition. In other words, Vuc went from a throw in trade piece to a guy who people vehemently beg that we keep despite that fact that he could most likely fetch us a true star in a trade soon.

Essentially this concern is in line with "there are no guarantees in life", and thats a given.

- The Hawks had an unproven coach too and the only reason people are singing his praises is because he has a more established roster with the pieces to fit his scheme. Steve Kerr - unproven coach. Plenty of teams have "unproven GMs". Let me give you one - Stan Van Gundy. Pretty sure he had never run a team before from the Executive level and he is doing just fine. Difference is the cupboard was not absolutely bare when these guys got their jobs. For Rob, it was depleted.

- How do you know there aren't milestones? Because Rob doesn't email you a personal report detailing his future plans for the team? Here's a milestone for you - we had nothing at all when he took over. Now we have multiple tradable assets and are considered a team loaded with young talent.

- Sure there are risks, but that is NBA basketball. Why don't you talk to a Bucks or Hawks fan about that? They've had it way worse than us, and the Hawks have almost been sold multiple times. The Magic have had 2 finals runs since the Bucks have even been relevant. Last time I checked, the teams have fans showing back up after decades of failure. DECADES. And you are worrying about 4 years. It's not realistic or knowledge based emotion.

- Yes, the team does not have character yet. This is what happens in rebuild. You acquire assets, you develop them by playing them and then you build their value to create the team you want. Once that occurs, the team will have character. We are in stage 2 of 3.

You're disappointed? That's on you. Realistic study on team rebuilds should have you expecting this team to be at best a playoff 8th seed this year.

The problem is people either don't grasp the NBA rebuild process or just want to plug their ears and scream "I DONT CARE. I WANNA WIN NOW!!", and then they get made when it doesn't happen.

Win or Lose tomorrow, I think you will have a great time at the game with your son. It's not always about the game, its about the moments you create. Have fun and enjoy it.

You could have just said 'I don't want to admit it, but you are right in what you said'.

We are on a negative trajectory at the moment (and for what seems like forever), but fortunately a 7 game win streak can get us back in the playoff mix. It all depends on Brooklyn at this point (IMO), which way are they going to go? Charlotte and Detroit have finally woken up and will make things tough for us. As long as Miami puts it together and the two aforementioned squads continue their winning ways the east could actually end up with a .500 non-playoff team for the first time in a decade.

For what it's worth, I feel there would have to be a major philosophical change in the teams makeup to make a serious run at the playoffs despite only being a handful of games back. This team has a losing mentality, what do you expect from them when they are stuck in the worst slump in franchise history? Sure, we are on pace for 26 wins compared to 21 after year 3 in expansion, but that was a far more competitive conference then and our first three years combined had a winning % of .286 vs .281 for our last three seasons-assuming we continue at our 33% win rate this year. So this is literally our worst stretch ever, still better than some orgs, but also still the worst ever for us. There is no Shaq coming in year 4 this time around either. We need a trade or big FA pickup, internal growth just isn't happening aside from the big 3...thank god for Nik, Vic, and Payton. Sign a FA SF, draft the best PF we can, and trade everyone else for depth and we are good again.

At this point, I know you're a clear and obvious troll, but I'm curious:

Do you REALLY want people to go back and find every single post where you've been hilariously wrong about stuff?

I mean, I get that you only show up to complain and that if this team were to suddenly go on a 10 game win streak you'd disappear completely, but still, I just can't figure...

You know, what? It's easier just to say that you're not worth listening to and put you on ignore.

He brought up valid points, even if they are redundant to some. I think a 10 game win streak would stamp out just about all complaints, don't you think?

You could have just said 'I don't want to admit it, but you are right in what you said'.

We are on a negative trajectory at the moment (and for what seems like forever), but fortunately a 7 game win streak can get us back in the playoff mix. It all depends on Brooklyn at this point (IMO), which way are they going to go? Charlotte and Detroit have finally woken up and will make things tough for us. As long as Miami puts it together and the two aforementioned squads continue their winning ways the east could actually end up with a .500 non-playoff team for the first time in a decade.

For what it's worth, I feel there would have to be a major philosophical change in the teams makeup to make a serious run at the playoffs despite only being a handful of games back. This team has a losing mentality, what do you expect from them when they are stuck in the worst slump in franchise history? Sure, we are on pace for 26 wins compared to 21 after year 3 in expansion, but that was a far more competitive conference then and our first three years combined had a winning % of .286 vs .281 for our last three seasons-assuming we continue at our 33% win rate this year. So this is literally our worst stretch ever, still better than some orgs, but also still the worst ever for us. There is no Shaq coming in year 4 this time around either. We need a trade or big FA pickup, internal growth just isn't happening aside from the big 3...thank god for Nik, Vic, and Payton. Sign a FA SF, draft the best PF we can, and trade everyone else for depth and we are good again.

Brandon Jennings is out for the season BOOM goes the pistons

The fact that you actually think this after I made that post, taking the time to respond to every "point" he made makes me sincerely question your intelligence and reading comprehension.

Ill just give you a pass and assume you didn't read the post and immediately went for a snarky response anyway since you just woke up and were cranky.

There was nothing in my post at all that hinted at that. I don't know how anyone with even a 4th grade level grasp of the english language could read what I wrote and walk away with that impression.

I know you really want to counterpoint everything people say on here, but this is a new low.

• Upvote 1

He brought up valid points, even if they are redundant to some. I think a 10 game win streak would stamp out just about all complaints, don't you think?

Lol a 10 game win streak? That's about as likely as Harkless turning the corner or Nicholson developing quicker feet. But, yes, a 10 game win streak would shut everyone (me included) up.

Damn that sucks. Dude was balling hard.

Time to step our game for that 8th seed.

It really is crazy were only 3 games out of the 8 seed. I guess crazy isn't the word. Sad/Pathetic fits better. It is however crazy how much better the West is. I would love to get that 8 seed. Even if we only get in because of how bad the East is, you cant deny how important getting playoff experience is. Also, damn I just miss watching us in the Playoffs.