Sign in to follow this  
TreyMachine

The "What to do with Tobias Harris" Thread

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Tobias Harris?

• Keep him and sign him at all costs
    • Keep him for the rest of the season and leave open the door to possibly to sign/match him in the offseason
    • Trade him this season and get the best value for him while we still have him
    • Other

I thought this was going to be a Cantalina Marina thread for sure. I thinks it's too early to tell at the moment.

I go quiet when I like what I see. Despite 2-2 record the past 4 games, I like what I see.

For the record, I think Harris is good and worth keeping. We need some bruisers on this team. Someone who can rebound 12-18 a night. Could AG be that PF? Perhaps.

If Dipo and Frye were more consistent on their 3 shot, we would have won tonight against Memphis. Despite an off night, we still managed to stay competitive. Our team is very young, and deserves nurturing.

Dipo-Payton backcourt of the future.

Nic all star

Harris clutch

PF ????

I go quiet when I like what I see. Despite 2-2 record the past 4 games, I like what I see.

For the record, I think Harris is good and worth keeping. We need some bruisers on this team. Someone who can rebound 12-18 a night. Could AG be that PF? Perhaps.

If Dipo and Frye were more consistent on their 3 shot, we would have won tonight against Memphis. Despite an off night, we still managed to stay competitive. Our team is very young, and deserves nurturing.

Dipo-Payton backcourt of the future.

Nic all star

Harris clutch

PF ????

Agreed, I like what I see as well. If they all reach their potential, then Payton, Oladipo, Harris and Vuc in our starting line up gives us a lot to be excited about. Granted it is still too early to know whether Payton will develop into a Rondo type PG, and whether or not AG will become the future as our starting PF, but talent wise we have a lot of be happy about. Plus, with cap space and another potential high draft pick, we should be well set to add to this talent base and hopefully make a big jump next season.

As for Harris, I'd like to see us extend him because he is a hell of a player who hasn't hit his ceiling yet, but exactly how much we should pay him I don't know.

That clip brought back some memories that I want to share. In the fall of 1968, I was a senior in high school. George Wallace was coming to my home town in Illinois during his campaign for Presidential election. He was running on an Independent ticket. I was excused from school to go hear his speech, and do a report on it for Civics class. Northern Illinois was a pro Union and Wallace was popular with the trade unions. This was my first experience of racial hatred. I came away from the gathering with total bewilderment. As it turned out, Wallace never expected to win the election, but was hoping to win enough popular and electoral votes to throw the decision into the House of Representatives. If the happened, he felt secure that the southern states would make a deal to support the Democrat or Republican candidate who would agree to REPEAL the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever was his stance. He actually won 46 electoral votes and over 10 million popular votes, but luckily, that was not enough. I know this has nothing to do with basketball, but the clip of his grandfather reminded me that it was not that long ago for some of us to remember how different things were in this country at one time. I 'm off my soapbox now. Go Magic.

• Upvote 4

Troubling quote or just being honest?

"I went through this last year, so it doesn't really faze me," said Harris, who is in the final year of his contract and is on track to become a restricted free agent in July.

"It's part of the game. I talked to Coach. He feels it's best for our team if I come off the bench. He thinks we'll be a better team that way. Do I like it? No. But I'm a professional. I love this game. So I'm going to go out there and I want to win, so I'm going to play for my team and to win."

Magic's Tobias Harris vows to be professional if he doesn't start games

Again proof that JV is an idiot. Marble has been pretty much terrible for the last 4 games.

I actually think that this has been one of JV's better moves. I would put Gordon in the first unit instead of marble, but having Tobias off the bench is smart because it gives us instant offense in the second unit, something that has been making us fall behind when after our starters keep up.

As long as Harris finishes games, I think he should be happy to see himself as the Manu 6th man of this team (provided we start winning of course).

Again proof that JV is an idiot. Marble has been pretty much terrible for the last 4 games.

People on this forum are calling for it, but it's a foolish move in my opinion.

Send Marble back to D-league. Hes awful.

Harris didn't look like he could play a full game yet. No harm having him come off the bench and pick on backups until he gets his legs back. I highly doubt this is anything more than a week long move.

I would have thought you'd be all in on this move, given your love for hustle players who play decent defense but are offensively inept.

I would have thought you'd be all in on this move, given your love for hustle players who play decent defense but are offensively inept.

I'm not all in for anything set in stone without consideration for how a guy is actually performing, which in Marble's case has been pretty much awful outside of what two games? I'm down with Gordon getting a shot though because he's a better defender than Marble or Harris. Harris off the bench doesn't bother me at all...just not behind Marble.