Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

GAMETHREAD: Memphis Grizzlies @ Orlando Magic

We should win the next one because OKC doesn't have a great second unit when I look at it. The Memphis Grizzlies were grinding the Magic to a halt after the second unit's hiccup to give up a 11 point lead. They were playing toe to toe with us. If the Magic had taken advantage on most of those fast break points early on, the Grizzlies would have had a hard time coming back. Both teams were playing both ends.

The Thunder don't have a really great bench. Having both Tobias and Gordon back would aid our dominance of their bench. The most important thing about our next game is impose the tempo.

We should win the next one because OKC doesn't have a great second unit when I look at it. The Memphis Grizzlies were grinding the Magic to a halt after the second unit's hiccup to give up a 11 point lead. They were playing toe to toe with us. If the Magic had taken advantage on most of those fast break points early on, the Grizzlies would have had a hard time coming back. Both teams were playing both ends.

The Thunder don't have a really great bench. Having both Tobias and Gordon back would aid our dominance of their bench. The most important thing about our next game is impose the tempo.

Durant is going to do Durant things and we'll probably lose because nobody can defend him.

The bench was the difference tonight..plus the rebounding. But Gasol & Z Bo are toughest frontline in the NBA.

The Grizz are a tough tough team and good defense..

I actually thought we'd take this game but it is what it is..

Elfrid played great mostly.

Pistons won & Nets won @ the Wizards so the playoff hunt got hurt abit.

Onto the next 1 guys!

Durant is going to do Durant things and we'll probably lose because nobody can defend him.

Be nice to see AG on him for 10mins or so...nice to watch

Be nice to see AG on him for 10mins or so...nice to watch

That's going to be rough. When I said nobody can guard him I meant in the league, not on our team.

That's going to be rough. When I said nobody can guard him I meant in the league, not on our team.

AG would accept the challenge though... so it would be fun to watch imo

What?

with about 1 1/2 minutes left in the 3rd Memphis started a run and the magic looked tired, Vaughn sat on the bench and let it play out. Memphis took a 9 point lead at that point and it stayed that way till the end of the game. If he would have called a 20 second time out in the middle of the run probably (probably not?) would have stopped the run and kept the deficit within 5 or 6.

Didn't do my homework. Blame it on Vaughn.

Always did my homework, now helping my kids with theirs. I should blame it on Memphis since they're a good team. Just thought coach should have used a 20 at the end of the 3rd to stop the run. Memphis went up by 9 and never looked back

This game was lost in the last 3 minutes of the third quarter. Vaughn kept the second unit (who were terrible) in to long. But the starters had to get a break so it's tough. Memphis was just a more complete team. Starters all played well though, wish marble could have hit that one corner three late in the fourth, could have made it interesting.