Sign in to follow this  
~O~

GameThread: Magic @ Blazers

Speaking of ball movement dying.....Tobias. I think that's why we were better tonight.

I mean, I definitely think he's an ISO guy like Carmelo, but I don't think he has nearly the one-track-mind like Ben Gordon has.

If this is true though, I wonder if that's why Scott Skiles chose to ride him on the bench - because he wasn't good at making the extra pass and finding the open man?

I'm of the belief that I just want guys out there who will make the extra pass and find the open man - guys who don't force shots that just aren't there.

I think Skiles sat him because of his defense.

No denying that. Marble gave better defense in 1 game than Harris has all year.

No denying that. Marble gave better defense in 1 game than Harris has all year.

Another reason I question whether he is our future PF/SF and significantly question if he is worth the high money many people expect him to garner in the offseason.

Another reason I question whether he is our future PF/SF and significantly question if he is worth the high money many people expect him to garner in the offseason.

Yup

Frye is a poor mans Pat Garrity with less athleticism and a less consistent shot.

That one dunk makes him more athletic than Frye. And I would bet at age 38 Garrity could be as effective as Frye is for us right now, for like, a lot less money. Wait a minute, can he coach?

That one dunk makes him more athletic than Frye. And I would bet at age 38 Garrity could be as effective as Frye is for us right now, for like, a lot less money. Wait a minute, can he coach?

Let's just hire all the old Magic players to come in and coach: Scott Skiles (head), Darrel Armstrong (guards), Nick Anderson (fowards), Pat Garrity (shooting), and Ronnie Seikaly (bigs). #winners

Let's just hire all the old Magic players to come in and coach: Scott Skiles (head), Darrel Armstrong (guards), Nick Anderson (fowards), Pat Garrity (shooting), and Ronnie Seikaly (bigs). #winners

That sounds like a HOF coaching staff. Switch out Seikaly for Shaq though on the bigs.

That sounds like a HOF coaching staff. Switch out Seikaly for Shaq though on the bigs.

I would have suggested Shaq, but my feeling is his ego would be far too big (and presence would be far too big) to be simply kept as an assistant coach.

Keep in mind that with 3:56 remaining in the 4th quarter the score was tied at 85-85. At that point Frye came back into the game, and went back out with 35 seconds remaining. While he was on the floor, we were outscored 14-5 and the game was put away. Frye was not contributing in this game and should not have been put back in.

I also think Dedmon should have gotten into this game. He should have gotten 2 or 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter, and another 2 or 3 minutes midway through the 4th. That would have let Vucevic go into the final few minutes with fresher legs. On a night when he set his career scoring record, he clanged several off the rim going down the stretch. I am tired of seeing our starters run out of gas at the end of the game, and tired of seeing that cost us a possible win.

One final thing, if we had somehow managed to score more than 13 points in the 1st quarter this game might have had a different outcome.