Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

If you believe those tweets, you have to assume that the second tweet doesn't bode well for the first, and that Rob is only going to listen to JV's desire to keep Green if he really things JV is the guy for this team.

I can see Willie Green being a locker room presence that they need (a veteran on a rather young team), and with Moe not producing at any of the opportunities he can get, he may be worth a 2nd round pick to some team on potential alone. Additionally, I don't think Moe is coming back here next year with how this year has gone - so why not ship him out early if this is really the case?

With that being said, if Vaughn is fired, we should DEFINITELY keep Willie Green on for his locker room presence. The guy is apparently a mature-mentor and is seen around the league for being a real pro and model athlete. I don't like him on the court, but with all the problems, if he really is a great locker room guy, we need him during this stretch.

I can see Willie Green being a locker room presence that they need (a veteran on a rather young team), and with Moe not producing at any of the opportunities he can get, he may be worth a 2nd round pick to some team on potential alone. Additionally, I don't think Moe is coming back here next year with how this year has gone - so why not ship him out early if this is really the case?

With that being said, if Vaughn is fired, we should DEFINITELY keep Willie Green on for his locker room presence. The guy is apparently a mature-mentor and is seen around the league for being a real pro and model athlete. I don't like him on the court, but with all the problems, if he really is a great locker room guy, we need him during this stretch.

Right. We don't need a guy complaining about being inactive. We need a locker room presence and someone to show guys how to be a pro.

Right. We don't need a guy complaining about being inactive. We need a locker room presence and someone to show guys how to be a pro.

I only fear that Moe lives up to his hype and ends up becoming a Magic killer.

On a more serious note, I really think the kid is going through some stuff right now though. Saw the other day he deleted all the pictures on his Instagram account, and he's almost become non-existent on Twitter. You never really see him smiling or joking anymore. I keep forgetting he's only 21 and about to potentially lose his dream of playing in the NBA. That's gotta suck.

I only fear that Moe lives up to his hype and ends up becoming a Magic killer.

On a more serious note, I really think the kid is going through some stuff right now though. Saw the other day he deleted all the pictures on his Instagram account, and he's almost become non-existent on Twitter. You never really see him smiling or joking anymore. I keep forgetting he's only 21 and about to potentially lose his dream of playing in the NBA. That's gotta suck.

Moe would move on to some team and become good. All because JV screwed him up with his yo yo tactics.

Moe would move on to some team and become good. All because JV screwed him up with his yo yo tactics.

Nah. League history shows most of these guys are pretty good, they just need a chance. Another coach might have harkless play better but it would be at the expense of another guy. Just how the game goes.

JV is done at the end of the year guaranteed

Here's a question: what do we have to lose by firing him now? The team isn't responding to him and we're getting blown out by the league's worse teams.

We literally cannot get any worse. Start from scratch now and see who comes out when new management is put in place.

Question: do we even have anyone on staff who could take over? Any intense assistant coaches? Unfortunately, no good coach in his right mind will come work with us mid-season, would they?

Here's a question: what do we have to lose by firing him now? The team isn't responding to him and we're getting blown out by the league's worse teams.

We literally cannot get any worse. Start from scratch now and see who comes out when new management is put in place.

Question: do we even have anyone on staff who could take over? Any intense assistant coaches? Unfortunately, no good coach in his right mind will come work with us mid-season, would they?

1. It didn't make sense to fire him mid season until the fourth quarter last night. We were bad but there was little to gain from firing him as the team always found a way to rally (they would still play for him). Now, not so much. Maybe he ran out of motivational speeches already.

2. No good coach will join our team mid season. It's setting himself up for failure. Hope you guys I joy interim head coach James Borrego.

Don't post here much but just had to come and say that Vaughn has to go. He has no clue in how to motivate and play a young team. The Magic need to get somebody in here with experience and a sense of leadership. Vaughn has neither.

1. It didn't make sense to fire him mid season until the fourth quarter last night. We were bad but there was little to gain from firing him as the team always found a way to rally (they would still play for him). Now, not so much. Maybe he ran out of motivational speeches already.

2. No good coach will join our team mid season. It's setting himself up for failure. Hope you guys I joy interim head coach James Borrego.

I'd be fine with Borrego for the rest of the season. JV had less experience and honestly Borrego could be no worse. The sooner Vaughn is gone the better IMHO. We'll find our coach moving forward this summer.

Vaughn needs to go. I'm convinced with a Skiles type of a coach, we'd be at .500 right now and our young guns would be growing.

Our offense in particular is a dumpster fire. Why we have O'Quinn starting to stand at the three point line is a wild mystery to me. Why we are playing the Professor and Frye together makes little sense. Why our guards are trying to force their dribble and passes into the clogged lane early in games with significant turnovers resulting is simply bad ball. Why Hark is now forever in purgatory is confusing.

We need a new coach. I can see no clear direction or consistency with this team, and that's on Vaughn.