Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

I guess I don't see him as "old." Every time I see him, I see Gene Hackman in Hoosiers and believe the man can coach forever.

Who would you pick to replace JV should you have the option?

The perfect coach for us is a big time college coach with credentials in my opinion. I'd blow the load for coach K. Offer him 10M per and lets get nuts.

i believe, he just signed big extension

Overall, I believe jv can improve his approach, but the team should and will give him time. They also just extended his contract. This is his first year that we are looking to win. I do not like his xs and os, especially during late game. I dont like his player rotations. And, he could be a little harder on the players when they just dont compete or do well. he is just too peachy when things dont go well.

what I do like is the culture he is bring in and the passive energy (though at times overboard). I like that he wants players to move the ball on offense. I think management likes him because he is young and understands henny because they have worked together before. Most importantly, I dont think he gets enough credit for the development of players like vuch and harris. Player development on a young team is the most important thing and I think he has done it well.

we will see what happens. I want to see this season play out. we have had the hardest beginning schedule of any team so it is unfair to judge so early. we have already won more road games than last year. I think we will be the 8 seed in the east, but time will tell. It is early in the year and I see a lot of growth in our team. Also, remember that we were hit hard with injuries. Vic, vuch, AG, Harris, fournier, and quinn have all missed time.

The team will hit another level with the return of Arron Gordon next month. I cant wait. Lets see how the season plays out.

the best coach available is mark jackson. the knock on him is not working well with management.

How is Mark Jackson considered a good coach? His best moves were forced due to injuries and they had a top 5 offensive team at least and finished about 12th offensively didn't they?

I guess I don't see him as "old." Every time I see him, I see Gene Hackman in Hoosiers and believe the man can coach forever.

Who would you pick to replace JV should you have the option?

No clue. Fans suck at picking coaches because we have no idea who the good assistants are. So we just parrot names we've heard of from analysts or coaches who have had some success in the past.

I had no idea who Mike Budenholser was until he was hired by the Hawks. When he was rumored to be getting that job he was considered to be the best candidate. Ok, so why haven't I ever heard of him before?

So, I don't know, Shaka Smart?

I reckon come the day we are ready to make a serious push in the Eastern Conference (hopefully next season), Henny will have the right coach in place, whether that is Vaughn or not. Henny has done nothing so far that proves otherwise.

I reckon come the day we are ready to make a serious push in the Eastern Conference (hopefully next season), Henny will have the right coach in place, whether that is Vaughn or not. Henny has done nothing so far that proves otherwise.

That's kind of what I fall back on. For all of the negatives that Vaughn has, the majority of his players are developing to their potential and we're on track for win expectations so he still might be our coach. But trust in Henny to make whatever decision he finds necessary.