Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Ahhh the obligatory "(insert Gator player who is available here) should have been signed by the Magic" post.

Has nothing to do with him being a Gator..and everything to do with us being a young team who is in obvious need of a promising big who will bring hustle and strength and defense rather than an awkward 4 who if the universe is aligned just right can make perimeter shots but can't defend or rebound.

I'm thinking Frye was just a system player in Phoenix. He was pretty bad and not a fan favorite during his run with the Knicks and Blazers early in his career, but he kind of revitalized himself with his hometown Suns. He looks like the New York/Portland Channing Frye rather than the Phoenix one so far. It's frustrating with the contract we gave him after refusing to pay Anderson too. Henny underestimated the value of having a big who can draw defenders out of the paint with his shooting, but Frye is overpaid and doesn't add anything when he isn't making threes.

Has nothing to do with him being a Gator..and everything to do with us being a young team who is in obvious need of a promising big who will bring hustle and strength and defense rather than an awkward 4 who if the universe is aligned just right can make perimeter shots but can't defend or rebound.

So promising he went undrafted and got waived 20 games into the season.

Here's a fun fact...Channing Frye has a PER of 8.6, Hedo has a PER of 11.3, and BBDavis has a PER of 10.6.

2vtxvms.gif

Frye has been far from stellar but at the same time there's no stat for "player scores because big man can't help since hes out on the perimeter guarding the 3 point shot"

Frye has been far from stellar but at the same time there's no stat for "player scores because big man can't help since hes out on the perimeter guarding the 3 point shot"

Yup. Frye helps even when he's not hitting shots.

That being said, he better start hitting shots

I know that was the concept behind the signing, but in actuality, our offensive efficiency has dropped from 99.3 to 97.8. Yeah, I know, SAMPLE SIZE...but we're 21 games into the season, and I'm starting to think Frye is a rich man's Jeff Turner.

Did you know Jeff Turner's career PER is 8.4, about the same as Frye so far this year?

Everyone needs to relax with Frye. First off, he is not that expensive for what he is - a big who can stroke 3s and stretch the floor. There are not many of those in the league.

More important, he was not brought here to be the starter long term. He averaged 28 minutes per game for the Suns and ideally he will get 20 per game off the bench once the Magic's roster gets sorted out.

We just do not have the cohesion with personnel right now to maximize Frye's game. Victor is shooting like crap, Elfrid is 1-2 years away from having a shot, Tobias is better at PF, which means Aaron Gordon needs to be out there again...

The team is not there yet. I think the Magic are looking to see who they can get for Tobias and another player in a package. I am not saying they will trade Tobias but the point is that this roster is still in flux and has uncertainties.

One thing we know for sure..the Magic need a bench. Harkless is out of favor..so our bench has no punch without Gordon.

In a perfect world you bring Harris off as 6th man. This is why the Magic wanted to just pay him 9mm a year. They would love to have a bench punch with guys like Fournier,Harris and Frye backing up A Gordon and a star wing.

Harris off the bench can guard a reserve SF better, or come in at PF. Frye can play the same role as Ryan Anderson - bench scoring punch stretch 4.

This team is being built, but it is not there yet. As a result, teams are ready to defend Frye on the perimeter because they are not afraid of anyone else's shooting yet.

Everyone needs to relax with Frye. First off, he is not that expensive for what he is - a big who can stroke 3s and stretch the floor. There are not many of those in the league.

More important, he was not brought here to be the starter long term. He averaged 28 minutes per game for the Suns and ideally he will get 20 per game off the bench once the Magic's roster gets sorted out.

We just do not have the cohesion with personnel right now to maximize Frye's game. Victor is shooting like crap, Elfrid is 1-2 years away from having a shot, Tobias is better at PF, which means Aaron Gordon needs to be out there again...

The team is not there yet. I think the Magic are looking to see who they can get for Tobias and another player in a package. I am not saying they will trade Tobias but the point is that this roster is still in flux and has uncertainties.

One thing we know for sure..the Magic need a bench. Harkless is out of favor..so our bench has no punch without Gordon.

In a perfect world you bring Harris off as 6th man. This is why the Magic wanted to just pay him 9mm a year. They would love to have a bench punch with guys like Fournier,Harris and Frye backing up A Gordon and a star wing.

Harris off the bench can guard a reserve SF better, or come in at PF. Frye can play the same role as Ryan Anderson - bench scoring punch stretch 4.

This team is being built, but it is not there yet. As a result, teams are ready to defend Frye on the perimeter because they are not afraid of anyone else's shooting yet.

If Frye, a player who does not rebound or play defense, is only expected to play 20 minutes a game and only asset is a three point threat is worth 8.5 mil a year, it's no wonder that Harris was insulted with a 9 mil offer. We gave the guy a four year contract to play 20 minutes a game? I think A Gordon could be something special, but I also think we are talking a few years before this really happens, and I don't ever see him being an offensive star. If we package Harris with somebody just so that we don't have to pay him what he's worth, I'm afraid we could making a step backwards. Just my opinion of course.

• Upvote 1

If Otis signed Frye people would be rioting in Orlando right now. Frye is a one dimensional player that catered to the suns offense. He is not suited in ours. Were a run and gun team and he can't keep up. How many points does he score other than a 3 from the wing 2 times a game? Hardly any. The guy is a highly overpaid role player on a team where his role is almost worthless. This will be henny's biggest failure to date

If Frye, a player who does not rebound or play defense, is only expected to play 20 minutes a game and only asset is a three point threat is worth 8.5 mil a year, it's no wonder that Harris was insulted with a 9 mil offer. We gave the guy a four year contract to play 20 minutes a game? I think A Gordon could be something special, but I also think we are talking a few years before this really happens, and I don't ever see him being an offensive star. If we package Harris with somebody just so that we don't have to pay him what he's worth, I'm afraid we could making a step backwards. Just my opinion of course.

Agreed 100%

Sorry but.....yes...Frye is becoming exceedingly useless in there. His field goal percentage since that Cleveland game has been staggeringly abysmal. I don't even know how he's able to keep his shooting at the the 3 point line above 40 percent.

His defensive game is none existent. You might as well put a life-size mannequin of Shaq out there. When he's giving up points and not producing points, he's worthless. Most of all, he can't box out for ****.

Tobias Harris is worth more than he is at this point.