Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

I'd love to trade Harris for Draymon Green and put him next to Aaron Gordon next year.

Probably won't happen, but Green would really help shore up our inside D.

I'd love to trade Harris for Draymon Green and put him next to Aaron Gordon next year.

Probably won't happen, but Green would really help shore up our inside D.

Mehhhhh

Maybe with another move in there for offense.

I'm not sure I want to pay him $8M per year, but he'd be a good get at the right price.

"You could make the argument that his value is somewhat like Taj Gibson's is to the Bulls right now," one NBA talent scout said. "He is seen as a part of the Warriors' main core. His value is very similar to that of Tayshaun Prince on Detroit's championship team. He will end up getting approximately $8 million per year in free agency based on similar comparables."

As of last spring, the Warriors faced the prospect of having to move power forward Lee, paying an exorbitant salary-cap tax hit or letting Green go. Prior to his playoff performance against the Clippers, the Warriors might have had to think long and hard if they wanted to pony up a three-year, $25 million deal to keep an undersized (6'7", 230 pounds) stretch four who shot below 30 percent from beyond the three-point arc over his first two seasons. Anyone familiar with Green's game knows he brings a ton of intangibles (toughness, defense, IQ) to the floor as well, but those are luxuries for which teams of late haven't been paying millions in salary and tax. At that time, they faced the prospect of paying multiples of Green's salary in tax or face losing one of their other key assets.

Warriors shooting guard Klay Thompson blurted it after the team's lopsided win over the Lakers: Golden State sees itself as a championship contender. And while Green is not the first name that comes to mind when listing the reasons that ambition is legitimate, the league's roster-building architects will tell you having a stretch four is considered an essential ingredient for any team with title aspirations. It's why the Clippers went out and snared Spencer Hawes; it's also why, despite their torrid starts, some around the league question if the Houston Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies have a championship formula since they do not have that bona fide range-stretching power forward.

http://bleacherrepor...es-at-high-cost

I have never got to see Green play. Is he just a stat padder, or does he have a lot to contribute to a team. By stat padder, I mean a player like Lance Stephenson.

Dwight Howard child abuse case WTF??

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/11/18/howard-in-child-abuse-investigation/?ls=iref:nbahpts

This is abit too much IMO..

True or not, to be branded by that brush is not a good look for him.

We all know his baby momma has tried for too long to continue to get more money out of him in any way she can and to create a lot of drama for him (TV dramas, the public nature of her relationship with him when he was a naive 18 year old rookie phenom, etc.). D12 is really dumb, and he's a selfish basketball player, but I have my doubts the man is a child beater. The case was dismissed and is now being brought to light because of the NFL stories and I'm sure the mother or someone is looking to get something out of this allegation.

CBS Sports has their own player rankings, similar to PER. They have Vucevic ranked #1 at center, Harris #5 at SF (Draymond Green is #6), and Fournier #12 at SG.

http://www.cbssports...regularseason/C

We have that many top players and we only have the record that we have? That seems insane to me. With Oladipo back, I'm very excited where this team can be. Anyone else remember how OKC was the 8th seed and made some noise in the playoffs and then became the #1 seed the following year? Do not know how close we are, but it does feel as though we are getting closer.