Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

I dunno if 08-09 was year one of their rebuild considering they still had the majority of their team was the same as their 48 win team the year prior.

09-10 was rebuild year 1.

Yeah you're probably right. 08 was the year Baron left and they tried to retool around Monta. I guess they committed to the rebuild after they drafted Steph

The Bucks also rebuilt nicely. I like what the T-Wolves theoretically could become (although it's the timberwolves so it will never workout).

But you've traded Love for Wiggins, Bennett. Drafted Muhammad, Lavine, Dieng, and still have Rubio who is just 24 which is insane to think. Now you throw in the No1 pick, and IMO their future is looking semi-bright.

Rubio

Lavine

Wiggins

Dieng

Towns/Okafor

Bench:

Muhammad

Bennett

The Magic are pretty much on the same trajectory as GSW, which makes me okay with Mark Jackson. Just need to make the right non-draft moves to cash in on big talent. Problem is that I'm not sure any player on the team now or in 5-7 of this draft is on the same level as Steph on offense or Green/Bogut on defense. Going to need to get those in FA or trade.

Considering his age, I think Gordon could easily end up as good as Green. But I agree - we don't have a Curry yet.

Considering his age, I think Gordon could easily end up as good as Green. But I agree - we don't have a Curry yet.

We ain't getting anything close to a Curry either. Unless the lottery gods throw us a bone (Russell).

In fairness, just a few years ago many on this board (myself included) mocked the idea of Curry being the centerpiece of a Howard trade.

It would've never happened, but it's interesting.

In a way it is telling that people didn't want Curry back then. Just shows you how players can improve and become all-stars over time.

In a way it is telling that people didn't want Curry back then. Just shows you how players can improve and become all-stars over time.

Just to add his ankles were what looked like to be completely and utterly demolished. I personally didnt see his ankle issues theoretically disappearing.

Just to end the nonsense -

John Gabriel - "We were going to build through the draft. That was Pat’s motto — never give up draft picks."

From a must read article :

http://grantland.com/1990s-orlando-magic-oral-history/

Seriously, everyone should read this.

Came here to say this

Seriously, required reading for all magic fans

Just to play devil's advocate... that was a quote about their approach in the early 90's, it isn't referenced as an ongoing philosophy necessarily applicable to their approach today.

The part about Penny, and how that all came about was great, especially the 3 draft picks. The later parts were difficult to read without getting that sinking feeling in your stomach again. What could have been...