Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

I'm not saying I would feel 100% safe throwing a ton of money at him by any stretch, but he appears to be at the very least a solid defensive minded center that can protect the hoop and grab 12 boards a night easy. My guess, he's LA bound.

True but Los Angeles bound? They suck but yeah money talks!

We don't need Hassan Whiteside when we have so many question marks elsewhere. IMO we don't even have the luxury to pay someone for his specific skill; we have to draft those types of players. Or do as the heat did pick him up on a whim.

Hassan whiteside is going to be a free agent this offseason. He might be worth a look

On one hand he's been an amazing player this year and putting up crazy numbers.

On the other hand hes a huge head case who didn't really realize his potential until he was cut by a Lebanese team. The light switch finally went on but will a guaranteed contract change that?

He's already signed for next year.

The very contract that has made Hassan Whiteside such a bargain for the Miami Heat these next two seasons also will leave the Heat no recourse but to have to bid for him during 2016 free agency on no better than equal footing with most of the rest of the NBA. In locking up Whiteside to a two-year deal that includes a non-guaranteed 2015-16 season at the NBA minimum, the Heat put themselves in position where they will have no choice but to allow the emerging center to become an unrestricted free agent in July 2016. Under NBA rules, contracts shorter than four years in length, such as Whiteside's, cannot be extended. The only way for the Heat to offer Whiteside a new contract after this season would be to waive the final year on his contract. However, because Whiteside is only signed for the league minimum next season, any and every other team could (and assuredly would) put in a claim. In addition, because of the two seasons Whiteside previously spent with the Sacramento Kings, he would become an unrestricted free agent in 2016, as opposed to if these next two seasons with the Heat were his lone NBA tenure, in which case the Heat would have the right to match outside offers.

http://www.sun-senti...0315-story.html

A defensive minded center/pf would be great but we definitely need someone who can consistently put up points. Our lack of any offensive threat really puts a damper on our games especially when we are able to come back to a winnable deficit. Granted, Oladipo can be that guy to close out sometimes when he's on but I think he needs a little more experience to really hone his offense.

Some sites have it as a one year deal. Others as a two year deal so I'm not sure

He will be unrestricted next year. Kyler said so on Twitter. Has to be accurate.

We can still do it. We can make it to the draft playoffs guys as the number 2 pick. We better than Minny and New York. The media just doesn't know it. LeBron wishes he could play for a lottery team.

We can still do it. We can make it to the draft playoffs guys as the number 2 pick. We better than Minny and New York. The media just doesn't know it. LeBron wishes he could play for a lottery team.

I'm not sure what step in the recovery process to call this statement, disbelief possibly?

But hey I will roll with you O!

Cmon guys we are only 26 games behind first place. We can do it, shock the world....

Okay that's all I got.

Elfrid has been named NBA Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for January.

He averaged 10.7 ppg, 6.9 apg, 4.3 rpg in 15 games

Idk O, honestly it's close between us and Minny.

Their under 25 core:

Rubio

Wiggins

Dieng

Lavine

Muhammaed

Bennett

Ours:

Payton

Vuch

Dipo

Harris (probably gone)

Fournier

Gordon

They have the luxury of having a legit star on their team. Take that away, and i think it could go either way. But that's precisely what were missing.

Stoudemire would be a nice upgrade to the bench next year, especially at the vet minimum.

Last season, Stoudemire told The Post he would entertain playing for the Israeli team he co-owns in Jerusalem when his contract is up. But he sounds like he is not done with the NBA, even if next season he is reduced to signing a veteran’s minimum deal for $1.9 million, because of his unpredictable health.

A return to Phoenix is quite possible. Orlando could have interest, as he is a native son. When the Knicks are there next week, he will hold an event in his hometown of Lake Wales, Fla., refurbishing basketball courts.

Stoudemire made his ominous London remarks when the Knicks were on a losing streak that grew to 16 games. Now they’ve won five of their past eight despite Tuesday’s harsh loss to Boston, which dropped them to 10-39.

http://nypost.com/20...harder-to-bolt/

@tomhaberstroh: Why would ORL drag it out? In past week, they played MIL, DAL, OKC + SAS. Brutal. Next 6: LAL, CHI, WAS, NYK, NOP, PHI + MIA. Muuuch easier.