Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

I am also not ready to give up on him. Latter, I would like him to come off the bench though. I think frye provides much needed spacing. I think we need to run more plays for him on the weak side of the offense. In the jazz game, there was very good play when he received a pick on his man from victor and then popped a 3 ball. I think he needs a few more weak side plays ran.

I also think that fyre brings value by being able to side as a big body at center. He is not mobile, so he has a better chance vs centers.

The PG play with Frye is a massive work in progress, which cannot be dismissed as it relates to him getting open looks. He still needs to work on his low-post defense, but I'm fine having Frye.

Moreover, Frye seems like a steady vet presence with a specialized game (stretch 4), and I'm curious how much his presence is causing Harris to grow. They are first cousins and Frye has always encouraged and mentored him (http://www.nba.com/m...ris-development). I seriously doubt Harris goes anywhere next summer if his game continues to improve.

Lastly, I love Harris' nickname: "All Business." Dude seems very hard working.

The PG play with Frye is a massive work in progress, which cannot be dismissed as it relates to him getting open looks. He still needs to work on his low-post defense, but I'm fine having Frye.

Moreover, Frye seems like a steady vet presence with a specialized game (stretch 4), and I'm curious how much his presence is causing Harris to grow. They are first cousins and Frye has always encouraged and mentored him (http://www.nba.com/m...ris-development). I seriously doubt Harris goes anywhere next summer if his game continues to improve.

Lastly, I love Harris' nickname: "All Business." Dude seems very hard working.

As terrible as his defense is (I think we are all going to have to learn to live with this, just like we learned to live with a lazy Hedo and a childish Howard), Frye brings so many benefits that can not be directly measured in statistics. I know it is still a small sample size, but as I mentioned before Oladipo has a very much improved FG and 3pt% this season so far. I believe Frye is part of the reason.

Thinking about Harris and up coming free agency, I think I will feel a little disappointed if we never get the chance to watch a starting lineup of the following grow and develop together:

C: Vucevic

PF: Gordon

SF: Harris

SG: Oladipo

PG: Payton

Currently they are aged 24, 19, 22, 22, and 20 respectively. Imagine the possibilities and longevity that starting line up could possible achieve. I think this is why we have to be one of, if not the most intriguing rosters in the league. This is why I don't get bothered with not making the playoffs, or winning more games, or having a third losing season in a row. The excitement of watching these players grow as individuals as well as a group is far more rewarding at this stage. I think the thing I am most proud of as a long time magic supporter (particularly as an International supporter (majority of NBA followers down here in Australia are bandwagon fans or Large market team fans)) is that all these guys are come across as great people with high moral and ethical standards, something that I value more than talent.

Vucevic has set a really good precedent of accepting a significantly less amount to be part of our long term plans. I hope that the others all eventually follow his lead. If they do, they will create something very special.

EDIT: Soul Bro moved this post to the "Season" thread, as it's a post worth referring back to down the road. Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

I think Oladipo had to catch up to the pacing of the offense and the game on court. He finally has after missing so much.

As terrible as his defense is (I think we are all going to have to learn to live with this, just like we learned to live with a lazy Hedo and a childish Howard), Frye brings so many benefits that can not be directly measured in statistics. I know it is still a small sample size, but as I mentioned before Oladipo has a very much improved FG and 3pt% this season so far. I believe Frye is part of the reason.

Yup, and people just don't get that. Frye was a strategic signing for this reason.

mcdaniels has a one year deal. I believe.

Yep. He was a 2nd round pick and took a gamble, which will probably pay off.

He plays really hard and blocks shots like a mad man (for a wing). His 3 pt shot might be better than Hark's already as well

Yep. He was a 2nd round pick and took a gamble, which will probably pay off.

He plays really hard and blocks shots like a mad man (for a wing). His 3 pt shot might be better than Hark's already as well

he is a better defender than harkless. he came out as a defensive player.

I personally, am not high on harkless