Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Maybe I'm giving him a hard time but at this point of his career, this is what I expect him to always be. He won't magically change into a dynamically different player.

If Otis signed Frye people would be rioting in Orlando right now. Frye is a one dimensional player that catered to the suns offense. He is not suited in ours. Were a run and gun team and he can't keep up. How many points does he score other than a 3 from the wing 2 times a game? Hardly any. The guy is a highly overpaid role player on a team where his role is almost worthless. This will be henny's biggest failure to date

He's not worthless. He stretches the D so that it opens the paint for our young guys to drive and develop their game; Payton's inside game needs polishing but it's promising. Oladipo is a guy who constantly attacks. So is Aaron Gordon. So is Harris, but he also can shoot. It allows vuc to take on guys one on one because there isn't a bigger help defender ready to double him.

And then he can knock down the 3 if his defender leaves him.

This is what most of you are missing right now. He's a matchup problem for the other team to have to deal with. It's very obvious he's starting right now because he's the most useful... and when our younger guys develop he will come off the bench.

• Upvote 2

He needs to be a legit threat in order to be a matchup problem, as it stands he is not currently much of a threat.

It does, because of our current guys style of play and it goes along with how we want to develop our rookies.

He's not worthless. He stretches the D so that it opens the paint for our young guys to drive and develop their game; Payton's inside game needs polishing but it's promising. Oladipo is a guy who constantly attacks. So is Aaron Gordon. So is Harris, but he also can shoot. It allows vuc to take on guys one on one because there isn't a bigger help defender ready to double him.

And then he can knock down the 3 if his defender leaves him.

This is what most of you are missing right now. He's a matchup problem for the other team to have to deal with. It's very obvious he's starting right now because he's the most useful... and when our younger guys develop he will come off the bench.

Exactly, but there are always more fans than not that can not evaluate these influences that Frye brings. I think Frye can only improve, he is with a new club and it seems like he is a player that becomes more valuable the more the players around him get to learn and take advantage of his strengths. We don't need Frye to average 15 points a game, we just need him for the spacing he can provide. There must be a reason why since he has come back that Oladipo and Harris are shooting such high percentages?

If Otis signed Frye people would be rioting in Orlando right now. Frye is a one dimensional player that catered to the suns offense. He is not suited in ours. Were a run and gun team and he can't keep up. How many points does he score other than a 3 from the wing 2 times a game? Hardly any. The guy is a highly overpaid role player on a team where his role is almost worthless. This will be henny's biggest failure to date

Frye is a rare asset. A shooting stretch 4. That is why he got that money. If Harris continues to play at this rate, then he will get his $$ as well.

Let me stress again - shooting. That means he will have cold streaks like he has been having. It's hilarious how people forget the games he did well in.

People make it like Frye's contract is this albatross. It is not. Plenty of teams would trade for Frye on this contract so its not worth worrying about.

I love how people predict Hennys biggest failure and it is always wrong. This summer it was signing Ben Gordon for 4mm for 1 year, or drafting Aaron Gordon over Exum...or trading for Fournier. People keep saying Henny is failing, and yet the players end up delivering.

Exactly, but there are always more fans than not that can not evaluate these influences that Frye brings. I think Frye can only improve, he is with a new club and it seems like he is a player that becomes more valuable the more the players around him get to learn and take advantage of his strengths. We don't need Frye to average 15 points a game, we just need him for the spacing he can provide. There must be a reason why since he has come back that Oladipo and Harris are shooting such high percentages?

People can't see that stuff. They just want to be negative. It's like the guys who think Payton isn't going to be good because he doesn't have his shot yet. They either don't watch the games or just are married to their opinion and won't budge.

I love how people predict Hennys biggest failure and it is always wrong. This summer it was signing Ben Gordon for 4mm for 1 year, or drafting Aaron Gordon over Exum...or trading for Fournier. People keep saying Henny is failing, and yet the players end up delivering.

I imagine this is how Henny walks around

tp2VkdJ.gif

I imagine this is how Henny walks around

tp2VkdJ.gif

Love it..... so many fans find it so easy to forget the good and focus on the bad. Patience is a virtue people.