Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Right which is why I would be ok with it if another move was involved to being in some offense too. A team full of mediocre offense and great defense will hit the same roadblock as a team full of mediocre defense and great offense.

The only reason I bring this guy up is because we have a need at PF and SF depending on what Gordon develops into. That is why the injury hurts so bad.

Ideally we get a future star at SF and put Gordon at 4.

Gordon and Harris together would have answered a lot of questions, but now we won't know.

Lots of questions on the next move to make due to this injury.

An overview of the swing offense the Magic is running.

What is the Magic offense right now?

That is a question plenty of people are probably wondering as they look to evaluate Jacque Vaughn in this his third year. Orlando has players that it probably views as part of the long-term future in Victor Oladipo, Elfrid Payton, Channing Frye (four years, $32 million says he is part of the future) and Nikola Vucevic. The program building really beings this year with a roster that contains more players this franchise sees as part of the future.

The fire-selling of veterans is done. The Magic need to figure out who is worth keeping and who is going to be moving on.

If Monday’s win over Detroit showed anything, it is that there is a ton of potential in this offense, perhaps much more than we previously realized. Instead of an offense struggling to score, the Magic are posting 100.4 points per 100 possessions. That is still near the bottom of the league, but it is a number that has slowly been inching up the last few games.

http://orlandomagicd...s-swing-offense

Ok Catman, we'll just agree to disagree. I don't mean to be rude

--

Channing Frye is so polarizing.. I think his 3 pt shot is one of the cleanest in the entire NBA, but I HATE his defense.

--

Channing Frye is so polarizing.. I think his 3 pt shot is one of the cleanest in the entire NBA, but I HATE his defense.

His post defense isn't bad but he won't ever rotate to help

--

Im not offended at all. But since this is a basketball discussion board, I like to have discussions based on facts. That is all I am saying. There is nothing wrong with not liking a player, but sometimes people don't like a guy on the surface without realizing the full story.

I think Frye has made our offense lethal. But it also exposes T12s defense more as Frye and Vuc are not exactly reminiscent of the early 2000s DET Pistons.

I don't think anyone can make up for Fournier's contribution. We might just lose this one. Willie Green and Ben Gordon are going to be taking his minutes.

I don't think anyone can make up for Fournier's contribution. We might just lose this one. Willie Green and Ben Gordon are going to be taking his minutes.

Perfect time to start Payton & Oladipo tonight then

PG Payton

SG Oladipo

Done!!

Willy Green starts FFS

Doc Rivers said Nik Vucevic is an All-Star and added he is the best player nobody knows about. Via Twitter

Doc on @OrlandoMagic C @NikolaVucevic "Vucevic is an all-star. When you look at his raw numbers, they are superstar & all-star worthy,"

Perfect time to start Payton & Oladipo tonight then

PG Payton

SG Oladipo

Done!!

Willy Green starts FFS

This is what I'm hoping to see. I see that duo being the backcourt duo of our future - might as well play it out and see how it looks.