Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Realistically, we're going to lose. Our defense won't have to try hard if some Nameless Scrub doesn't light us up. Our offense on the other hand besides vucevic......wrong number.

Realistically, we're going to lose. Our defense won't have to try hard if some Nameless Scrub doesn't light us up. Our offense on the other hand besides vucevic......wrong number.

You might be confusing this Chicago team with last years Chicago team. Their offense is much improved.

You might be confusing this Chicago team with last years Chicago team. Their offense is much improved.

Did you see the part where i said realistically we're going to lose?

Did you see the part where i said realistically we're going to lose?

Yea...?

I was talking about the "our defense won't have to try hard" part of your comment.

I would like to point out that Dwayne Dedmon is 12th in the league in blocks per 48 minutes.

He also only started playing basketball his senior year of high school.

(both pieces of info I got from David Steele during commentary so I do not know how credible either is but I figure it's decently so).

He's raw. If he can learn to just play the game well, he has all the pieces of a player who if given 2-3 years becomes a credible ball player... problem is he is 25. Damn.

Things I took away from the Bulls game:

1. JV doesn't make good in-game adjustments. He devises a plan ahead of time to try to exploit weaknesses it would seem and then goes with that plan. It would make sense as he's always been described as a good worker and planner. (I'm specultating, but he's not good at adjusting)

2. Payton plays hard on both ends of the court and is a beautiful passes (with the occasional bone-headed play). He needs a jumpshot to make the defense respect him. That will be the difference between him getting a lay-up and him getting blocked because the defense plays off of him.

3. Air Gordon continues to be a workman. Raw, but plays amazing defense and continues to hustle (and surprisingly make shots)

4. Harris is a good offensive player, but I wonder if he's a guy who makes the players around him better. What I mean is that he seems to be made in the mold of Carmelo Anthony. Good at scoring (big and physical with a jump shot), but doesn't pass or play defense particularly well. Because of this, I don't think that he's worth a big investment. Vuc makes the players around him better (indirectly). Payton and Oladipo (and even Fournier) make the players around them better. Harris I do not believe does.

5. FT's will continue to haunt this team for the next century. I'm convinced.

@OrlandoMagic: Via @ESPNStatsInfo: @Elfrid is 1 of 3 players in @NBA history to start career with 4 straight games of 7+ assists. http://t.co/2xKJyDfATh

Pretty good feat considering it is on a roster which is lacking on the offensive side of things. I just want to see more confidence with him taking it to the hoop, time will satisfy that.