CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

My biggest problem with Tobias is that he is a ball stopper. His defense can be compensated for (though not with our current setup) and he has a good set of skills to build on, plus he has value as a small-ball 4 with the direction the NBA is going. But he has black-hole-ish tendencies and general inefficiency overall

The only change they made was removing the seeding for division winners, thus a division winning team is no long guaranteed a top four seed unless they have one of the top four best win-loss records in their conference.

It is still the top eight from the west, and top eight from the east, that make the play offs. So there is still an advantage to playing in the eastern conference.

that is great to know

I don't know how on one hand people praise rob for the job he is doing but on the other not take his word when he says they will match.

The only issue with Tobias is his availability, he hasn't played a full season yet. Maybe some of that was due to tank mode.

The other issue I can see is timing, when Tobias signs an offer the magic have 3 days to match. And if the magic want to sign a top free agent its better to sign the free agent and then sign Tobias.

I just watched the Harvey video... wow! I thought the kid was just a shooter, but he looks fearless taking it to the hole against bigs, passes well, and seems to be comfortable with the ball. Nice pick!

he did ave 23pg

My biggest problem with Tobias is that he is a ball stopper. His defense can be compensated for (though not with our current setup) and he has a good set of skills to build on, plus he has value as a small-ball 4 with the direction the NBA is going. But he has black-hole-ish tendencies and general inefficiency overall

Tobias was 2nd on the team in offensive efficiency.

But yes, he did have ball stopper tendencies at times. That also can be fixed with coaching.

I think we need to let Harris go and explore a trade for favors.

Favors can play next to Vucevic. Favors can back up the 5. Assuming Frye is in the deal for favors we would have favors and gordon being the primary pf minute earners with maybe harkless and dedmon sprinkled in depending on matchup. Then you have Gordon, Hezonja, Fournier, and harkless earning sf minutes. And Oladipo, Fournier, Hezonja playing sg. And Payton, Oladipo, and a player to be named later playing pg.

Amen. This is all I have been saying, yet I get lit up on here for it. I think it's in the best interest of the team to, like you said, explore other options with that money. I love me some Favors. Would be ecstatic if we got him. Like Mario happy.

Janis Timma

we traded for another player. Is he stashed overseas?

I see some DJ Augustine in him. And if he became DJ that would be incredible value where we got him.

I see some DJ Augustine in him. And if he became DJ that would be incredible value where we got him.

but isnt the player we got like 6'7

Amen. This is all I have been saying, yet I get lit up on here for it. I think it's in the best interest of the team to, like you said, explore other options with that money. I love me some Favors. Would be ecstatic if we got him. Like Mario happy.

What other options? Favors is not a free agent. You know that right?