CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

We played like crap with Harris at the four, I don't care if he technically outscored his counterpart-we stunk. Whether he was at the three or four it doesn't matter, he doesn't bring enough to the table to be a starter on a good team. Bench players don't need to be making 12+million a year in the league where the average salary is closer to 6. He is a career 13/6 player (not 18ppg) and despite remarkably improving his spot up corner three last year he is still wildly inconsistent on the only things he does well, which is score or rebound on occasion. He is an empty stat person.

I don't dislike the guy, but this place is so far up his ass it's unreal. He isn't that good! He is so easily replaceable that most here will forget him once he moves on, which is hopefully to a winning team. This is the perfect example of the vocal minority preaching skewed stats and stating convoluted opinions as fact so much here that the board mentality thinks it's true.

Great draft by Rob and Co. Looking forward to summer league to see Hedonism on full display!

You are using career numbers to skew things. Thats crazy. The guy is 22. Look at his numbers as a full time starter and stop trying to diminish what he does. Nobody uses career numbers. If they did then Carroll would look like hot garbage right now.

Im trying to find one place that agrees with your opinion. When you say he isn't that good and is easily replaceable, I just wonder how easy that is. The fact that SVG wants to offer him close to the max already proves you are wrong, since we all know Stan is smarter than anyone here but ill go on.

Millsap is a nice piece but he is older and didn't score as much as Tobias last season and his 3 point % was lower. The Hawks didn't have a single go to guy scoring big for them every night either, so that didn't affect his numbers.

He and Vuc were our most efficient forms of offense last year. To say that is easily replaceable is incredibly naive. When you get rid of a guy who gave you close to 18 a game and lead the team in efficiency, you lose an asset and a lot of offense. This is in an offense that really had no spacing or direction. If Harris gets better spacing from playing next to Mario and Forunier more, he will only get better.

Essentially people want Milsap without realizing Tobias had better numbers and did it at age 22.

Milsap, Carroll, go look at a list of free agents and you tell me which ones you would rather have over Harris. It's not a hard concept.

Id rather have Harris than Milsap as posted above. Harris had better numbers and its not because no one else on the Magic could score. Oldaipo and Vuc also scored close to or above 18 ppg. As for Carroll I really like him, but do we need him now that we have Mario and Gordon and Fournier?

So yeah, it is kind of a hard concept to see why you would rather have those two guys.

I realize this. I don't get why me thinking we shouldn't re-sign Harris, and instead take that money and sign 1 or 2 other free agents gets everyone so upset on here.

I don't think anyone is upset, it is just that you put barely and research into your thoughts sometimes (excluding draft talk). You demonstrated earlier that you knew nothing about how the cap space would be effected and you also showed that you don't really have a good understanding of players market values. I believe you said you didn't care about the cap at all, so that makes your arguments tough to take seriously, since they come off as lazy.

I think we need to let Harris go and explore a trade for favors.

Favors can play next to Vucevic. Favors can back up the 5. Assuming Frye is in the deal for favors we would have favors and gordon being the primary pf minute earners with maybe harkless and dedmon sprinkled in depending on matchup. Then you have Gordon, Hezonja, Fournier, and harkless earning sf minutes. And Oladipo, Fournier, Hezonja playing sg. And Payton, Oladipo, and a player to be named later playing pg.

I don't hate this at all. I really like it, but we will lose offense. Everyone needs to get this, and realize that Mario is not going to show up and log 30 minutes a game his first year and replace what T12 brought. I believe Skiles will have a lot of input on Harris's future as well since he needs to be comfortable with him guarding 4s.

I think the problem is the Harris issue is a multifaceted one.

Is Harris valuable: yes

Does Harris fit with our roster: yes

Is Harris likely the best free agent we'll be able to attract this off-season: yes

Now here's the issue- does signing Harris and another big man limit the ability for several of our young players to get minutes? Yes. I don't see how you can fit Fournier, Gordon, Hezonja, Harris, harkless and another big man into a rotation. If you bench harkless you have Fournier, Harris, Hezonja, and gordon playing small forward minutes. And you have Harris, Gordon, and additional big man playing pf minutes. That's not a huge issue. But then we have to trade harkless if he's out of the rotation.

We have to explore the idea that Harris is likely not going to be a part of the crunch time lineup.

Not signing Harris isn't necessarily a vote against Harris, but a promotion for Gordon and to a lesser degree, harkless.

Now, we could still sign Harris, but I think we'd have to live with the weakness we have at 4 and that's not necessarily a bad thing with the current makeup we have in the nba.

Hezonja is probably going to get 15-20 a game his first season. Now he could be a super star and just take over and log more, but I want to stay real. He's not going to see 30 mins a game.

With Harris here, I believe he would be playing next to Gordon to start the season. Not sure, depends on what Gordon does in camp. But thats a real nice tandem for cross matches. If Gordon is not ready to start, Fournier would be a nice SF to open the season with next to Harris.

The guys that need to go are probably Harkless and Nicholson and Frye. I like Frye though because he can drain 3s and was not used properly at all last year. If you had him as your backup 4 next to Gordon and Hezonja, thats a nice little bench unit, especially if you can sign Koufos.

This team is too early in the rebuilding stage to attract a premium free agent. End of discussion. Sign Harris, no matter what. Players who can score are always sought after, so if his defense doesn't improve as much as we think it should, we can always trade him. I still believe there is something special about this guy, and unless Henny can talk a bonafide two way player into signing, we need to keep him.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to act like I would not be excited if did a 90 degree turn and let Harris walk. I like excitement and I like change. But Im really not sure if we can get anybody better.

Im all about hearing who people like. I mean we are on the cusp of relevancy again, so shoring up the roster would be awesome. It's just tough for me to see who we can get if we let Harris walk.

Favors is a very intriguing possibility, but again, we'd lose some scoring punch. I also think he may be traded for Milsap.

I don't want to act like I would not be excited if did a 90 degree turn and let Harris walk. I like excitement and I like change. But Im really not sure if we can get anybody better.

Im all about hearing who people like. I mean we are on the cusp of relevancy again, so shoring up the roster would be awesome. It's just tough for me to see who we can get if we let Harris walk.

Favors is a very intriguing possibility, but again, we'd lose some scoring punch. I also think he may be traded for Milsap.

He's just too much of an asset presently, and in the future.

Gotta keep him unless in a good sign and trade.

This team is too early in the rebuilding stage to attract a premium free agent. End of discussion. Sign Harris, no matter what. Players who can score are always sought after, so if his defense doesn't improve as much as we think it should, we can always trade him. I still believe there is something special about this guy, and unless Henny can talk a bonafide two way player into signing, we need to keep him.

Yes, I agree and that is what I have been saying. Who exactly are we going to get that will be better than him who WANTS to play here?

Continuation is really important in the NBA. Plus his numbers at the age of 22 were strong. He could shoot 38% from 3 this year since we will have a real offense.

On the flip side, I went over the numbers and Favors actually scored more PPG last year than I thought. We could very well be fine in that instance.

Yes, I agree and that is what I have been saying. Who exactly are we going to get that will be better than him who WANTS to play here?

Continuation is really important in the NBA. Plus his numbers at the age of 22 were strong. He could shoot 38% from 3 this year since we will have a real offense.

On the flip side, I went over the numbers and Favors actually scored more PPG last year than I thought. We could very well be fine in that instance.

I didn't realise Favors was still so young. It feels like has been in the league for years. Is he legitimately someone the Magic are looking at trade wise?

I didn't realise Favors was still so young. It feels like has been in the league for years. Is he legitimately someone the Magic are looking at trade wise?

I honestly am not sure. But Im trying to think of a better piece to get if we DID trade T12 or let him go and so far I can not.

What do you think of the new season? Ray Velcoro is one crazy SOB.

I think the entire 1st episode was the filler..to build up and assemble the characters to the dead guy, Caspere*.

Yes Ray Velcoro is crazy but I would say he vents his depression much more violently. The guy one bike, Woodrough, seems suicidal and traumatized. The female detective seems to be having all type of family issues. She's suppressing an immense anger.

I guess this series will have new cast...every season? It'll take 3 episodes for this to take off. Most of my guys think the first episode was pretty uneventful. They keep reiterating about the scenes of the kid watching his father getting beaten.

Of course, I like the series because its mental. That caspere* guy had......STRONG INTERESTS. lol

I loved the first episode. Maybe I am biased because this style of storytelling just sucks me in, but it's my favorite show on TV.

A lot of critics don't get that this show is supposed to play out like a book would read. So they like to pick on the brooding nature of the characters..etc but I love it and think it is perfect for the story.

We played like crap with Harris at the four, I don't care if he technically outscored his counterpart-we stunk. Whether he was at the three or four it doesn't matter, he doesn't bring enough to the table to be a starter on a good team. Bench players don't need to be making 12+million a year in the league where the average salary is closer to 6. He is a career 13/6 player (not 18ppg) and despite remarkably improving his spot up corner three last year he is still wildly inconsistent on the only things he does well, which is score or rebound on occasion. He is an empty stat person.

I don't dislike the guy, but this place is so far up his ass it's unreal. He isn't that good! He is so easily replaceable that most here will forget him once he moves on, which is hopefully to a winning team. This is the perfect example of the vocal minority preaching skewed stats and stating convoluted opinions as fact so much here that the board mentality thinks it's true.

Great draft by Rob and Co. Looking forward to summer league to see Hedonism on full display!

with last years team.

let's see what the roster looks like next year i imagine vucevic/harris/gordon will be our starters up front, or....frye :chairshot:

Also Harris at the 4 is best paired with Aaron Gordon at 3. That was the plan - have those 2 guys out there crossmatching. The injury really set that back and we barely got to see those two on the floor together.

Payton/Hezonja/Gordon/Harris/Vuc would be a very well balanced lineup to throw on the floor for a bit.