CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Mario seems like he's the total package; the only thing I've heard that may be a worry is his attitude. He may have been boxed out of playing big minutes because his team knew he was coming to the NBA, so it may be a non-story. Scott Skiles will bench him immediately if his attitude sucks in my opinion. He seems like a hard worker though just like Skiles(Like many people have said). I see no problem with being extremely cocky as long as you put in the work and back it up.

Mario seems like he's the total package; the only thing I've heard that may be a worry is his attitude. He may have been boxed out of playing big minutes because his team knew he was coming to the NBA, so it may be a non-story. Scott Skiles will bench him immediately if his attitude sucks in my opinion. He seems like a hard worker though just like Skiles(Like many people have said). I see no problem with being extremely cocky as long as you put in the work and back it up.

We already have a culture established, I wouldn't worry about it

We already have a culture established, I wouldn't worry about it

Yeah, you draft the high character guys so that you can afford to take the risky guy when he's the right pick. You stick Hezonja on Philly or Sacramento and it's likely he fails. You stick him here with young guys that have leadership skills in Payton, Oladipo, and gordon and high character veteran players and he's not going to act out as much because there isn't 3 other guys like him that will feed into his attitude.

It's like rasheed wallace or jermaine o'neal in Portland vs Detroit/Indiana

I still want to know what happened to Winslow. Had a Vonleh type drop. I guess not many teams were convinced he could be a go-to scorer?

Shorter than advertised. Sacramento might have chosen wcs as an apology to cousins. Denver wanted a point to fill in for Lawson and they just took a guy like him last year in Gary Harris. Stan favors shooters. Charlotte should have taken him or traded back. Miami gets lucky that he falls.

Happened last year with Payton too. Sacramento was picking him. Owner pushed for sauce Castillo. He fell to 11. Same thing happened with Leonard. There's always that one good player who gets stuck in a perfect situation and drops to 10-13. There's also the guy who "will never fall out of the lottery" that ends up falling all the way to like 27 but we didn't have one this year.

Building off hehateme it sets a negative precedence at the least. Regardless of the cap increase Harris isn't worth that much.

This is not true. Harris (who is only 22 and giving close to 18 ppg) IS worth that much and the market will prove you to be incorrect.

See this is the issue with Harris. He's been in the league 4 years now and people are still split on what position he is best suited at. The thing is, I kind of agree with both of you, which is a problem.

Can we somewhat just agree that we could probably spend that 4 yr 60 mil on Harris elsewhere? If we see Mario as our SF of the future, why not take that money and go get a PF? Than you have AG who can come in off the bench and play either SF or PF.

The only people split on his position are people that don't grasp that teams don't label a player like that anymore. Rob said on TV last tonight with Skiles that they value roster flexibility and Harris and Gordon are 3/4s. That is how the NBA is now. It's not wrapped up in a pretty little bow where you can say - he's a PF or he's a SF.

Harris is actually a rather nice stretch 4 when he plays that role and we need to see how Skiles designs his defense before we judge too harshly on how good or bad these guys will be in it.

Hs measures at a 6'11 wingspan which is just fine for defending bigs.

That is simply not true. Harris is more effective at PF and has a +4.7 PER Net Differential at that spot.

http://www.82games.com/1415/14ORL10.HTM

Exactly, nice post. People are just making things up to prove a narrative that does not exist.

we just came from a playoffs where Harrison Barnes defended Zach Randolph. Harris at the 4 isn't a big deal.

I love Harris at the 4 next to Gordon. I just love how the roster can interchange. If we get a bruiser to slide in when needed at 4 and land Koufos to backup Vuc, we will have a rather stout front court bench.

I love Harris at the 4 next to Gordon. I just love how the roster can interchange. If we get a bruiser to slide in when needed at 4 and land Koufos to backup Vuc, we will have a rather stout front court bench.

You're not a Dedmon fan, I take it

You're not a Dedmon fan, I take it

Actually I like Dedmon, but he is really raw. He makes WCS look like a polished 5 year veteran on the offensive end.

Actually I like Dedmon, but he is really raw. He makes WCS look like a polished 5 year veteran on the offensive end.

Sure, but it is worth going and paying a guy like Kuofos when you already have a moderately serviceable backup? I just think the money could be better used elsewhere, but that's just me