CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Well it upgrades our PF position and it still gives us a chance to grab Winslow, Johnson, or Hezonja.

A frontcourt of Faried and Vucevic would get abused defensively

It's not made up. The Magic were called about it, there was dialogue and they most likely said no once they heard the parameters.

Not everything is a lie. The Magic will take calls about their players and picks.

Here is a transcript of the call:

Hey Mitch here...Rob you know we want Cousins and we wanted to get your help in getting him to LA.

Rob "Well thats great what are you offering?"

Mitch "Weve got a lot to offer...like some high second rounders"

Rob "....uhhh and....is there more or is this another Dwight for your handicapped center trade offer"

Mitch "no....the draft is deep this year and were the Lakers plus you stuck us with Duhon that has to count for something"

Rob "Otis is the coach for Detroit's developmental team try giving hmi a call he might be able to help you out"

Mitch "Rob come on man....you know Stern would have forced our trade on you no matter what....do you want me to ring Adam on the phone?"

Rob "those days are over Mitch...good bye"

A frontcourt of Faried and Vucevic would get abused defensively

I never said it wouldn't get abused. You said what would it accomplish and I told you.

1. Is Faried a better PF than Nicholson? Absolutely

2. Would trading down 2 spots almost guarantee us to get Winslow, Hezonja, or Johnson? More than likely yes

I never said it wouldn't get abused. You said what would it accomplish and I told you.

1. Is Faried a better PF than Nicholson? Absolutely

2. Would trading down 2 spots almost guarantee us to get Winslow, Hezonja, or Johnson? More than likely yes

Nicholson doesn't start so I don't even see why it would be a priority. That's like saying I'd like to trade Harkless for Trevor Ariza. Of course he's an upgrade, but when you don't even have a guy to start, why get bench guys in the same position? I just really don't see a point.

I don't know, I just really dislike Faried. I think he's incredibly overrated by a lot of people. Freak athlete that hustles. That's about it.

2 days to go!

After doing all the reading and watching video that I could my final decision on our pick has to be KP if he's still there and Winslow if he's not. I really like Mario a lot but have concerns regarding team chemistry and keeping his ego in check. If both Winslow and KP are gone then I'd take Mudiay and quickly trade him (or trade the pick) for a later pick plus other goodies and hold out for Stanley or Kaminsky.

2 days to go!

After doing all the reading and watching video that I could my final decision on our pick has to be KP if he's still there and Winslow if he's not. I really like Mario a lot but have concerns regarding team chemistry and keeping his ego in check. If both Winslow and KP are gone then I'd take Mudiay and quickly trade him (or trade the pick) for a later pick plus other goodies and hold out for Stanley or Kaminsky.

Depends on what our benchmark is. Is the priority to find someone useful or someone who is potentially great. We can get more assets and still find a useful guy by trading back to like 12. But that guy won't really be special.

Eventually we're going to reach a point of diminishing returns on assets. That's why I'm at the point where we should just pick the best player possible and not trade down at all.

2 days to go!

If Winslow and KP are gone, that means one of the top 3 dropped. You don't take Mudiay with Okafor or Russell still on the board.

Anytime you can trade a top five pick for the fourth most productive player on an 18 win team you HAVE to do it.

Noel is the best asset on Philly's roster and just played his rookie roster. He's a much better prospect than WCS, who some want at #5. For a reminder, here are some nice tidbits from Grantland:

Not only does Noel lead all rookies in rebounds, blocks, and steals, he’s also the only NBA player in the top 10 in both blocks (eighth) and steals (10th)… Since the All-Star break, Noel has averaged 11.5 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.8 blocks, and 2.8 steals a night…

Advanced metrics support the eye test. Noel’s Defensive Box Plus/Minus ranking is second in the NBA, his Defensive Rating is eighth, and, according to SportVU player tracking, opponents shoot only 45 percent at the basket against him, which places him in elite rim-protector territory. The Sixers surrender 99.5 points per 100 possessions when he’s on the floor — which is slightly better than the Rockets and Blazers, the third- and fourth-best defenses in the league. He’s the primary reason Philly’s defense has jumped from 27th last year to 12th this season — and it plunges back down when he leaves the hardwood, according to NBA.com.

http://grantland.com...ie-of-the-year/

You guys are right. He'd be a poor addition to the Magic.

smile_svgsad.png