CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

So on rare occasions he gets more than 12 points and more than 4 rebounds. WOW! I'm sold. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have Vucevic to man the boards. That shouldn't be much of an issue.

Also consider that he's 19 playing with grown men and has yet to experience a legitimate strength and conditioning program. Not saying he'll average a double double, but there is a lot of other factors to consider.

• Upvote 1

You have Vucevic to man the boards. That shouldn't be much of an issue.

Also consider that he's 19 playing with grown men and has yet to experience a legitimate strength and conditioning program. Not saying he'll average a double double, but there is a lot of other factors to consider.

His is also averaging in those games posted. .8 assists per game. So he has that going for him. Seriously you think he is getting that much stronger. I have seen petite girls with wider shoulders than this guy.

So on rare occasions he gets more than 12 points and more than 4 rebounds. WOW! I'm sold. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Euro play is a completely different style of play than traditional American basketball. It's like college but young players don't get a ton of minutes.

For comparison, in 00-01 pau gasol averaged 11 points and five rebounds per game. The very next season in the nba he was averaging 17.6 and 9.

It's just a different game

His is also averaging in those games posted. .8 assists per game. So he has that going for him. Seriously you think he is getting that much stronger. I have seen petite girls with wider shoulders than this guy.

Never said I expected him to be a strong guy, he just needs to put on enough weight so that the average NBA player doesn't bounce him into the 3rd row. Imo, 235 is a reasonable expectation. He won't be the strongest PF in the league, but he's 7'1 with a ridiculous wingspan so that length alone helps compensate for his weight issue.

If he can spread the floor on O and give solid help D, I'm happy with the pick. Anything more is gravy

• Upvote 1

Never said I expected him to be a strong guy, he just needs to put on enough weight so that the average NBA player doesn't bounce him into the 3rd row. Imo, 235 is a reasonable expectation. He won't be the strongest PF in the league, but he's 7'1 with a ridiculous wingspan so that length alone helps compensate for his weight issue.

If he can spread the floor on O and give solid help D, I'm happy with the pick. Anything more is gravy

You guys need to put the Kool-Aid down for a second and think how many 7 footers from Europe with this guys frame have been very good players in the NBA. I am not talking perennial all stars, maybe one or two all star appearances and a solid career. Then how many busts. IMO the busts are many more and many did not even come over aka Fran. It is a gigantic risk that Rob would be taking. I wish him luck.

You guys need to put the Kool-Aid down for a second and think how many 7 footers from Europe with this guys frame have been very good players in the NBA. I am not talking perennial all stars, maybe one or two all star appearances and a solid career. Then how many busts. IMO the busts are many more and many did not even come over aka Fran. It is a gigantic risk that Rob would be taking. I wish him luck.

Go back to the conversation 2 pages ago where pretty much all of us acknowledged his floor. I don't think any of us expect him to become an All-Star but he has a lot more potential than anyone in this draft class and as a trade-off, he probably has the most bust potential as well.

The way I see it, the past couple years, Hennigan picked the safest guys on the board, which isn't necessarily an issue. It's a great way to start building a core. But eventually, you have to take a little bit of a gamble, especially when you're picking outside of the top 2 or 3.

All of this has been discussed. Again you have to look at the links posted with the numbers of the busts before you drop an "all euros are like that" sentence and the typical Fran sentence. It just makes it appear that you have not done any research into this at all.

Porzingis is coming to to the NBA. The fran comparison is not even relevant or worth bringing up.

Porzingis seems like Channing Frye with good defense.

Yep, thats what Ive been saying too. And I think that is his floor.

I don't think anyone here is saying Porzingis won't be a bust. But it won't be because of his stats.

Yep, thats what Ive been saying too. And I think that is his floor.

So with the comparisons, we have:

Porzingis best = Dirk

Porzingis worst = Frye

Porzingis middle = Rashard Lewis?

The upside is an all-time great scorer...but the greater likelihood is a mediocre player who fits into a certain role on a team. I don't see the defense we need in the post.

Everyone wants to salivate over potential but at least give me someone who I know will translate to the NBA. Mario's game translates to the NBA, most of the guys in college translate to the NBA. Mudiay translate to the NBA. I just don't see Porzingis becoming the next great international player. I see him being a bust more than any other player in the draft.