CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Rob just did an interview with SVP & Russillo. Here are the key take aways from the interview:

- skiles hire was right fit and right hire based on coaching skills; familiarity with org was icing

- want to get talent that complement what already have; don't want to duplicate talent

- thinks shooting is a skill that can developed (of course they understand there's a cap in how great one's shooting can improve); they like to "bet on guys that can compete and have physical traits that can translate well to the nba game; like guys with strong work ethic to improve" and they'll always make that bet, in hopes their shooting improves.

- understands shooting is a little issue for the Magic but they'll continue to work towards addressing it

- trying to not make the team TOO young; wants balance

They asked some good questions. Hearing him answer them, makes me believe WTCS is the guy.

1- not young enough to make us too young

2- loves to compete & has awesome physical traits that should translate well.

3- good work ethic to improve his shooting

4- compliments our current pieces very well

And with the fifth pick in the 2015 nba draft, the Orlando magic select...

Frank Kaminsky

"thinks shooting is a skill that can developed (of course they understand there's a cap in how great one's shooting can improve); they like to "bet on guys that can compete and have physical traits that can translate well to the nba game; like guys with strong work ethic to improve" and they'll always make that bet, in hopes their shooting improves."

Yep. Can't count how many times I posted this. Nice to see Rob say this publicly.

That aside, he did not really say anything that leads me to think he tipped off a pick. He can draft a 19 year old and sign vets this summer for example.

I wonder how much pressure is on Rob going in to this bext year to make the playoffs. WCS may be the pick based on needing an NBA ready player and he easily fills a need for us.

Rob just did an interview with SVP & Russillo. Here are the key take aways from the interview:

- skiles hire was right fit and right hire based on coaching skills; familiarity with org was icing

- want to get talent that complement what already have; don't want to duplicate talent

- thinks shooting is a skill that can developed (of course they understand there's a cap in how great one's shooting can improve); they like to "bet on guys that can compete and have physical traits that can translate well to the nba game; like guys with strong work ethic to improve" and they'll always make that bet, in hopes their shooting improves.

- understands shooting is a little issue for the Magic but they'll continue to work towards addressing it

- trying to not make the team TOO young; wants balance

They asked some good questions. Hearing him answer them, makes me believe WTCS is the guy.

1- not young enough to make us too young

2- loves to compete & has awesome physical traits that should translate well.

3- good work ethic to improve his shooting

4- compliments our current pieces very well

Based off of Rob's responses, you could literally make a case for almost anyone. I think the last comment about not being TOO young is referring more to possibly trading the pick rather saying a 21 year old isn't TOO young but a 19 year old is.

If I had to try and solve this riddle, I would say Winlsow/WCS/Johnson. Would really be helpful if we knew where they saw AG going forward.

Yea I think the not too young may be a suggestion that we're looking to add some decent free agent vets rather than saying we don't want to draft a 19 year old.

And with the fifth pick in the 2015 nba draft, the Orlando magic select...

Frank Kaminsky

I did he name linked to us somewhere too, lol.

"thinks shooting is a skill that can developed (of course they understand there's a cap in how great one's shooting can improve); they like to "bet on guys that can compete and have physical traits that can translate well to the nba game; like guys with strong work ethic to improve" and they'll always make that bet, in hopes their shooting improves."

Yep. Can't count how many times I posted this. Nice to see Rob say this publicly.

That aside, he did not really say anything that leads me to think he tipped off a pick. He can draft a 19 year old and sign vets this summer for example.

Yeah, i personally think their board is #1 Porzingis #2 WCS

You'll see the light in summer league.

With Porz? No way. Biggest project in the draft. WCS I get, even with the absolute ridiculous comparisons thrown around on the forum, I don't "Hate" the pick, but don't love it.

With Porz? No way. Biggest project in the draft. WCS I get, even with the absolute ridiculous comparisons thrown around on the forum, I don't "Hate" the pick, but don't love it.

I hear you. But I don't think Porz is any less/more of a project than Johnson. I think he has significantly higher potential, but the same bust potential.

Regardless of who we pick, I trust Rob & Matt with the decision and am excited to see our new piece.

I hear you. But I don't think Porz is any less/more of a project than Johnson. I think he has significantly higher potential, but the same bust potential.

Regardless of who we pick, I trust Rob & Matt with the decision and am excited to see our new piece.

I mean yea if we draft Porz I will obviously hope it works out, I just don't like that guy at all lol.