CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Brandan Wright is a slightly better than average rim protector if you go by the numbers. It wouldn't be a bad signing though. WCS projects to be elite because he can guard stretch 4s and 5s. Think about Noel before he was drafted. Some questions there on his frame,etc, but he is rated by many as a top 5 protector. WCS should be better than that.

I just explained how the Magic can use WCS on offense if they choose to take that path.

Yeah but what makes noel special is his passing ability on top of what he does on D and finishing

WCS just adds yet another limited offensive player to the roster

this team needs to upgrade it's offensive skill and versatility

See, I would completely disagree with the notion that it hinders our development process. Mudiay off the bench beats the hell out of Luke or Willie. Imagine opposing teams having to go from Payton riding them hard defensively, to Mudiay. That's a hell of a 1-2 combo that Skiles would wear teams down with.

And Mario over Russell is laughable IMO but I will say it's a moot point because there is no way Russell ever falls outside of the top 4, short of murdering someone before the draft, whereas Mario will for sure be there at 5 for us.

Again I love Mario and he's right there for me with Winslow. But I don't love him over Russell, just think that's going a little far.

Mario may go 3rd.

Come on, Really? You're going to put Mario a head of Russell! That's going way overboard IMO. Even if Mario pans out, Russell has more complete skill set and the potential to be a superstar.

I love Mario too, but it's getting a little out of hand on this forum.

And then you say we have no room for Mudiay, how is that? We literally don't even have a backup PG on the roster. We have Payton and that's it. Dipo at the 2. We have a need for guards. Not saying we don't have bigger needs than a backup PG, but Mudiay would be foolish to pass up on there. You draft him and if you can't find a great trade, you keep him and now have the best PG rotation in the league. Than when it comes time to decide between Payton or Mudiay in a couple of year, you pick the best one. I don't get the logic of saying Mudiay doesn't fit on this team.

Towns

Russell

Okafor

Mudiay

Winslow

Mario

WCS

Johnson

Booker

Because of Mario's athleticism and size, he has as high, if not a higher, ceiling than Russell. Plus, we can play vic, Payton, and Mario together. Mario is also rated the top shooter in the draft and will be ready day 1. I see Skiles doing for Mario like he did for Ben Gordon- making him an offensive stupid off sceens. I also see Mario as a better defender at sg/sf. Mario stays 3rd on my board. IMO

Because of Mario's athleticism and size, he has as high, if not a higher, ceiling than Russell. Plus, we can play vic, Payton, and Mario together. Mario is also rated the top shooter in the draft and will be ready day 1. I see Skiles doing for Mario like he did for Ben Gordon- making him an offensive stupid off sceens. I also see Mario as a better defender at sg/sf. Mario stays 3rd on my board. IMO

Athleticism gets vastly overrated at the point guard position. Don't get me wrong, being athletic is great, but these are NBA players everyone is athletic at this point. But it's completely not necessary to be elite athletically at the point guard position. If my memory serves me correctly, the 2 point guards that will be starting in the NBA Finals were both knocked for their "athleticism" coming into the NBA. If my memory serves me correctly again, one of those players just won an MVP award.

If you like Mario better than Russell that's fine, that's the whole point of a forum. I just think it's annoying how in today's basketball world, we view potential based off of how athletic a player is and don't take other things into consideration. I do agree Mario has a ton of upside, just not as much as Russell.

Mario has more potential than Russell cause he's more athletic? Please. And you bring up Mario's size, well Russell also has elite size for his position too and will be an elite perimeter shooter as well.

Again, I don't want it to seem like I don't want Mario. He and Winslow are my main guys at 5. I would jump up and down if we drafted Mario. I would absolutely love landing Mario.

This is just purely based off a Russell Vs Mario debate.

Yeah but what makes noel special is his passing ability on top of what he does on D and finishing

WCS just adds yet another limited offensive player to the roster

this team needs to upgrade it's offensive skill and versatility

WCS is deadly in the pick and roll though. Better than Noel. They both are about the same in terms of offensive contribution. Noel is still pretty limited on offense.

Smokescreen. Absolutely no way Philly passes on either Mudiay or Russell.

There is the chance that the Lakers take Russell at two.

I agree with this, although Steve Kyler thinks that would be the biggest mistake in the history of the draft, which I completely disagree with.

I'd be real surprised. Okafor and Towns are no brainers as 1 and 2. Size and skill like that is not easy to find.

• Upvote 1

I'd be real surprised. Okafor and Towns are no brainers as 1 and 2. Size and skill like that is not easy to find.

Okafor and Randle though could make it an actual possibility. That's the only reason I think there is a chance for Russell to go 2. Now if Minny takes Okafor at 1 than yea all bets are off Towns will go 2.

Athleticism gets vastly overrated at the point guard position. Don't get me wrong, being athletic is great, but these are NBA players everyone is athletic at this point. But it's completely not necessary to be elite athletically at the point guard position. If my memory serves me correctly, the 2 point guards that will be starting in the NBA Finals were both knocked for their "athleticism" coming into the NBA. If my memory serves me correctly again, one of those players just won an MVP award.

If you like Mario better than Russell that's fine, that's the whole point of a forum. I just think it's annoying how in today's basketball world, we view potential based off of how athletic a player is and don't take other things into consideration. I do agree Mario has a ton of upside, just not as much as Russell.

Mario has more potential than Russell cause he's more athletic? Please. And you bring up Mario's size, well Russell also has elite size for his position too and will be an elite perimeter shooter as well.

Again, I don't want it to seem like I don't want Mario. He and Winslow are my main guys at 5. I would jump up and down if we drafted Mario. I would absolutely love landing Mario.

This is just purely based off a Russell Vs Mario debate.

The reason why athleticism and size comes up in the upside conversation is because it is something you cant teach. You either have it or you dont. Must super stars have these gift. The more gifted you are physically the better advantage you have against your opposition. So it is a factor in regards to upside.

I like russell but I think mario is just as talented. We invested 2 1st round picks and a high second round pick on payton. We also invested the 2nd overall pick on victor. So if russell and mario are equal in my eyes, I'll take Mario because of fit and positional upside. I dont see victor payton and russell playing much together. I do see Mario vic and payton going hard on the court. Mario is the top shooter in the draft and the top sg/sf. At those positions, he has upside.

Klay Thompson has played a major role for the warriors as well.

The one thing I think we have is slashers and play making. We just need an elite outside scorer and shooter at sf.

Man we need need more than just one thing. The team needs rim protection, shooting, 2 way players and a bench upgrade.