CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

honestly i'd put Towns at C and just try and move Vuc

I would be fine with this idea, but maybe not right away - see how it shakes out, because...

Towns is one of the handful of players in existence who can actually cover for all of Vucevic's weaknesses.

This also could be true. Look what Memphis did with their front court in the playoffs. They didn't have the backcourt talent with a badly injured stud PG and no shooting, but Tony Allen - oh man. If he was not hurt, they could have pulled the upset. If the Magic can add the right guy at SF and Vic and Elf improve their shooting, they could have an intriguing team with Thibs coaching it.

Nobody in this draft is going to be a franchise changing player. You really don't want to trade a bunch of assets to move up for a guy who's maybe a single time all star.

I would disagree with this. This draft has a lot of talent in it. Also, there are some real gems outside of the lotto that could develop into franchise players. It's just way too early to say that nobody in this draft can change a franchise.

Also, I think it's possible that we underrate Vucevic. Thibs might be able to fix his defense and it wasn't a long time ago that he was putting up 37 and 17 type games

I agree here. Getting Thibs would most likely guarantee that Vuc gets another 1-2 years playing C for us.

I would be fine with this.

Me too. The #5 pick in this draft is almost better since it would allow the teams in front to make the tough decisions for us, and somebody great will fall to us at 5.

Nobody in this draft is going to be a franchise changing player. You really don't want to trade a bunch of assets to move up for a guy who's maybe a single time all star.

This is a pretty sweeping statement. Nobody thought Curry or Harden would be franchise changing players but they were/are.

This is a pretty sweeping statement. Nobody thought Curry or Harden would be franchise changing players but they were/are.

Maybe I should clarify. There's no-one in this draft you can point to and say "he is going to be a franchise changing player"

Not like you could with Wiggins, Davis, Dwight, Durant, LeBron, etc.

Maybe I should clarify. There's no-one in this draft you can point to and say "he is going to be a franchise changing player"

Not like you could with Wiggins, Davis, Dwight, Durant, LeBron, etc.

Right. That's fair enough then. I would probably agree with that.

I know this has been brought up before but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of trading our pick if we land around the 6-8 range for Noel. Who thinks philly would do this?

I know this has been brought up before but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of trading our pick if we land around the 6-8 range for Noel. Who thinks philly would do this?

I might rather have embiid.

1432053782[/url]' post='1005764']

I might rather have embiid.

I like Embiid but I think Noel would be huge for us on the defensive side of the ball. Embiid would be cool too but with his injury who knows how he's gonna play when he comes back.

Was actually talking to someone about this yesterday. I'd be all for it. Hell, throw in an under-the-table agreement to a Harris S&T down the road too.

I worry we move into the 6 or 7 range. When playing the field, there is a high likelihood that someone jumps from 6-10 into the top 3, as it has happened almost every single year. So, I would count on us have the #6 pick or picks #1-#3.