CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

If you see any common theme to Hennigan's draft history is he prefers players that are high energy.

I have yet to see that side to Turner.

Lottery order is may 19th. Don't forget to pin it on your phone calendar (its useful because it notifies you!).

If you see any common theme to Hennigan's draft history is he prefers players that are high energy.

I have yet to see that side to Turner.

Nicholson? The only trend is he takes BPA.

Here's my list (for the magic, not overall)

1. Towns

2. Winslow

3. Russell

4. Hezonja

5. Okafor

6. Porzingis

7. Mudiay

8. Stanley Johnson

9. WCS

Then maybe booker or Oubre. I'd like to see them more outside of a college situation that might have hurt their stock.

Then Turner.

Turner is the age old story of the big man with potential that gets overdrafted. He has certain flaws that scouts are convinced he might be able to overcome.

He's Noah Vonleh, Meyers Leonard, Cole aldrich, bj Mullins, thabeet, Roy Hibbert, Spencer Hawes, Patrick O'Bryant, Saer Sene.

Those guys are perfectly acceptable risks in the late lotto and on, but not at 5. They all have size and some talent but considerable, exploitable flaws. If we draft Turner he's a multi year project that might never pan out and teams will run pick and rolls at him constantly meaning we'll never be able to put him on the court.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. Your list is similar to mine but I'd have Turner in that 4-5ish range for the Magic. I just see something special in what he can become with our group.

Lottery order is may 19th. Don't forget to pin it on your phone calendar (its useful because it notifies you!).

Who are you? Jon Bois?

Does anyone with inside knowledge of the organization know if we are planning on moving Gordon to the 4 spot full time or are they still grooming him as a SF? I believe that's going to be a huge deciding factor of who we draft.

Does anyone with inside knowledge of the organization know if we are planning on moving Gordon to the 4 spot full time or are they still grooming him as a SF? I believe that's going to be a huge deciding factor of who we draft.

I think we want him to play both

I think AG is the kind of player who could develop a lot faster if he has a clear direction of where the team wants him to play. Oladipo playing the pg spot for a year really helped his game a lot as he transferred to the 2 guard spot but I think it would have the adverse effect on AG if you play him between 2 very different positions.

It would be nice if we can get back in to the late first round or early 2nd to grab Andrew Harrison as our back up PG

It would be nice if we can get back in to the late first round or early 2nd to grab Andrew Harrison as our back up PG

No thanks.

Could get Ryan Boatright late