CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/27/nba-mock-draft-karl-anthony-towns-jahlil-okafor-justise-winslow-timberwolves-knicks

Mock draft from SI yesterday.

If we took Porzingis over Hezonja and Russell, I would literally turn in my season tickets the next day and burn my 25 years of Magic memorabilia, memories, pictures, posters, clothes, cards, everything.

You might be making a mistake. Porzingis could very well turn out to be a good player.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/27/nba-mock-draft-karl-anthony-towns-jahlil-okafor-justise-winslow-timberwolves-knicks

Mock draft from SI yesterday.

If we took Porzingis over Hezonja and Russell, I would literally turn in my season tickets the next day and burn my 25 years of Magic memorabilia, memories, pictures, posters, clothes, cards, everything.

Why? It's not like that isn't an expected outcome. Scouts LOVE Porzingis. If we drafted him it means he's passed all of the tests.

Not like they choose Kaminsky

All of the things Porzingis does in this regard are far more like Kevin Garnettthan Bargnani, and he does not just block shots because he is over seven-foot — or the Magic would be ready to roll with Vucevic and any random stretch-4. It is his leaping ability and timing that make him a feared defender in the paint.

This dreadful season illustrated fully the Magic cannot just put a shooter at power forward and expect to thrive defensively. Essentially, that is what sent sharpshooter Channing Frye to the bench in favor of the defensive-minded Dewayne Dedmon.

Porzingis would signal a move in the right direction for the Magic frontcourt, which never really reached a state of successful stasis during the 2014-15 season. Dedmon brought defense, but little offense. Aaron Gordon stepped in to bring offense, but little consistency.

Every Magic big man, including the seldom-used Kyle O’Quinn (referring to the latter part of the season in which he began recording DNP-CDs), brings some valuable traits that are all but offset by equally glaring weaknesses. But Porzingis brings great balance, most especially if he is to be a power forward.

http://orlandomagicd...e-orlandos-man/

In terms of build KG is exactly who I'd compare Porzingis too. At that age both were long, lanky and athletic but very thin. In fact KG never really did add a tonne of weight to his frame.

Porzingis is light but how many teams have both a center that can take it to Vucevic and a pf that can out muscle Porzingis?

Chicago, Memphis (but look at what Meyers Leonard is doing to them on offense), Atlanta, Washington?

Why? It's not like that isn't an expected outcome. Scouts LOVE Porzingis. If we drafted him it means he's passed all of the tests.

Not like they choose Kaminsky

My issue is taking him over Hezonja and Ruseel, that's the scenario presented in that mock draft. If we suck at the lottery and pick 8th or something, so be it. But if we take Porzingis top 5 over Hezonja and Russell, I'll die a little. The funny part is, I'm actually preparing myself for us selecting him. I almost know it's coming. Obviously when or if it happens, I hope I'm the one who ends up looking like a fool for being so down on him. But I can't help it, I dislike so many things about his game.

My issue is taking him over Hezonja and Ruseel, that's the scenario presented in that mock draft. If we suck at the lottery and pick 8th or something, so be it. But if we take Porzingis top 5 over Hezonja and Russell, I'll die a little. The funny part is, I'm actually preparing myself for us selecting him. I almost know it's coming. Obviously when or if it happens, I hope I'm the one who ends up looking like a fool for being so down on him. But I can't help it, I dislike so many things about his game.

I'm just saying, Mudiay, Winslow, Hezonja, Porzingis, and wcs are all considered to be on the same tier by scouts. I wouldn't be shocked if scouts included Russell on that tier either. It shouldn't be surprising if we pick anyone on that list. Obviously I dislike Mudiay and would prefer a better defensive player to Russell but if Jennings has shown one thing it's a level of attention to scouting. Nobody should freak out unless he drafts someone who is not a lotto pick at 5

I'm just saying, Mudiay, Winslow, Hezonja, Porzingis, and wcs are all considered to be on the same tier by scouts. I wouldn't be shocked if scouts included Russell on that tier either. It shouldn't be surprising if we pick anyone on that list. Obviously I dislike Mudiay and would prefer a better defensive player to Russell but if Jennings has shown one thing it's a level of attention to scouting. Nobody should freak out unless he drafts someone who is not a lotto pick at 5

Did your phone auto-correct Henny to Jennings?

I think my list is

Towns

Winslow

Hezonja

Russell

Porzingis

Close to mine :

Towns

Russell

Hezonja

Winslow

Porzingis

Id love if we drafted Mudiay than traded down to get some assets and took Mario. That would be absolutely awesome.