CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Well, they'd have a monopoly on young centers I suppose. What's Nerlens Noel up to these days? I literally have not heard the guys name in like 3 months.

He's averaging 7 and 7 on something like 41% shooting.

Well, they'd have a monopoly on young centers I suppose. What's Nerlens Noel up to these days? I literally have not heard the guys name in like 3 months.

Nerlens Noel still remains to be an offensively-challenged PF/C with little upper-body strength, yet can jump out of the building and has wonderful timing to block and altar shots.

If you have Joel Embiid and Okafor, Noel becomes expendable, and frankly, there is a reason why he dropped to #6 in the draft. He's tall and athletic, but right now needs to BULK UP so he doesn't get pushed around so much (6'11" and still only 230 lbs). Part of this is no doubt due to age (20), but he's essentially become Dwight Howard without the strength, which truly is what made D12 into what he was.

Perhaps he could be a player for this team to play alongside Vuc (who has the offense but struggles on defense), but I just see double teams all day for Vuc if Noel is playing as well.

He'll turn into a good role player one day, but I don't see him becoming an elite player like he was billed to potentially become two years ago (unless he gains 40 lbs of muscle).

They can stockpile all the centers they want, they still won't have Vuch, whose better than all of them. But hey, at least they have Bynum.

What happens if philly drafts okafor??? Has anyone realized this could happen?

I think Philly would trade Embid or trade down. Which is when the Magic could try and trade up with Harris and get Towns to put next to Vuc.

Doubt Philly trades down. Okafor is the surest thing I've seen since Anthony Davis and Philly can't be awful forever. At that point I'd guess they'd be looking to move Noel/Embiid for a guard/wing and try and build around Embiid/Noel and Okafor. Honestly I think NY will win the lottery. Not because I'm any kind of conspiracy theorist but that's my gut feeling.

Doubt Philly trades down. Okafor is the surest thing I've seen since Anthony Davis and Philly can't be awful forever. At that point I'd guess they'd be looking to move Noel/Embiid for a guard/wing and try and build around Embiid/Noel and Okafor. Honestly I think NY will win the lottery. Not because I'm any kind of conspiracy theorist but that's my gut feeling.

If NY wins - Harris plus our pick for 1. With a shot.

But yes I agree about Okafor and why I proposed trading Vuc plus our pick for pick 1 just to get him. People here hated that.

But yes I agree about Okafor and why I proposed trading Vuc plus our pick for pick 1 just to get him. People here hated that.

Because Vuc is really good and centers have a higher bust rate because they often are pushed to play basketball because they are tall, not because it's a passion.

No chance on that NY trade. They have the cash to sign Harris outright and he'll be a free agent.

Also Vuc just had a monster game against Dwight and a monster game against Pau/Noah. A monster game against Marc and he might be in the running for best offensive center in the league.

Edit: and don't get me wrong, it feels really weird thinking about that,

Edit2. Cousins. Forgot about cousins. So maybe #2

Also Vuc just had a monster game against Dwight and a monster game against Pau/Noah. A monster game against Marc and he might be in the running for best offensive center in the league.

He stays on this current streak against that kind of competition he may just playhouse way into the All-Star game.