CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

The article says that the surgery isn't necessary, that it is preemptive. I don't think it has any effect on the future of Randle, now the broken leg on the other hand???

Still the same outcome. He ended up having surgery on it, that is what every expect/team said would happen.

Finally got around to watching D'Angelo Russell. That guy can put the ball in the hoop. He doesn't always take advised shots and he's still shooting an unconscious 45% from 3 point land. I can't say I've ever sat and focused on his defense to be able to say much about it but offensively I think he'll land somewhere on the Nick Young, Jamal Crawford, James Harden scale. He could be a bench heat check guy, he could be a legitimate scoring 6th man or he could be a superstar scorer.

• Upvote 1

Finally got around to watching D'Angelo Russell. That guy can put the ball in the hoop. He doesn't always take advised shots and he's still shooting an unconscious 45% from 3 point land. I can't say I've ever sat and focused on his defense to be able to say much about it but offensively I think he'll land somewhere on the Nick Young, Jamal Crawford, James Harden scale. He could be a bench heat check guy, he could be a legitimate scoring 6th man or he could be a superstar scorer.

Welcome to the Bandwagon. The kid can score as good if not better than anyone in the country. He's actually a good passer too, averaging 5 assists per game on a team that has no one else that can score. He's everything we are lacking in a scorer, and at the rate were losing games, he could be a realistic possibility.

The article says that the surgery isn't necessary, that it is preemptive. I don't think it has any effect on the future of Randle, now the broken leg on the other hand???

Yes correct.

But the broken leg should be fine too.

I think long term - Randle will be good to go.

Look at Blake Griffin - way worse injury his rookie year and he has been fine .

Welcome to the Bandwagon. The kid can score as good if not better than anyone in the country. He's actually a good passer too, averaging 5 assists per game on a team that has no one else that can score. He's everything we are lacking in a scorer, and at the rate were losing games, he could be a realistic possibility.

He was miserable against Indiana today, shooting 3-14.....much more impressed with Troy Williams. Russell has good size if he can make the transition to PG.

Though he plays shooting guard at Ohio State, NBA scouts are now viewing Russell as a potential NBA point guard, which will only serve to increase his draft stock. Russell is already a polished scorer with a lethal outside touch. The lefty has excellent ball-handling skills, and he’s very effective off the dribble, though he needs to improve upon his ability to finish at the rim if he wants to be an effective pro. The two main knocks against Russell are that he needs to get stronger and that he has a tendency to disappear for long stretches during games and coast. He has a nice upside and should turn into a solid NBA player in a few short seasons.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com

He was miserable against Indiana today, shooting 3-14.....much more impressed with Troy Williams. Russell has good size if he can make the transition to PG.

[/size]

http://www.hoopsrumors.com

He can't always have a great game. A bad game mixed in between 4-5 good ones isn't gonna change my opinion on him.

As strange as it sounds given my uncertainty of him at the beginning of the year, Tyler Ulis might actually be one of my favorite players in college ball. I'm not really under the impression he'll be leaving Kentucky this season and his height is still a major concern on both ends if/when he gets to the NBA but he's an unselfish, tough kid who can hound guys the length of the court and is shooting 44% from 3. He's everything you want in a backup PG.

He can't always have a great game. A bad game mixed in between 4-5 good ones isn't gonna change my opinion on him.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but it's one thing to put up good numbers against Sacred Heart (12-21), Wright State (7-8), and Campbell (9-13). It's completely different when he goes 6-20 against Louisvile, 4-17 against North Carolina, 4-16 against Iowa, and 3-15 against Indiana.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but it's one thing to put up good numbers against Sacred Heart (12-21), Wright State (7-8), and Campbell (9-13). It's completely different when he goes 6-20 against Louisvile, 4-17 against North Carolina, 4-16 against Iowa, and 3-15 against Indiana.

Agree, but the rest of that ohio state team is abysmal. Good teams can and do gameplan to stop him knowing ohio state has no one else that is a remote threat to score. He needs to be better in those games but it's not like he's playing on Kentucky where everyone is a threat. It's a one man show there.

Well, they'd have a monopoly on young centers I suppose. What's Nerlens Noel up to these days? I literally have not heard the guys name in like 3 months.