CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I think we'd be better off trading Payton in that case.

I'd rather have Russell defending points and Russell is a guy who needs to have the ball in his hands.

Payton-Russell is like playing rondo-harden. Doesn't really maximize both guys.

Either or, but yeah yours is more ideal. Regardless, I don't want to trade up to get Russell and have a logjam in the backcourt. It'd be a dumb move

Okay, just for the sake of a fun convo...

We trade Vuc and Payton to Sacramento. LA gets Cousins. We get #2 and #6 and keep #5. We take Russell, Porzingis, and WCS. Re-sign Tobias and sign Koufos to start this season.

PG) Russell

SG) Vic -Fournier

SF) Gordon - Tobias

PF) Porzingis - Frye

C) Koufos - WCS

Future line-up of Russell-Vic-AG-KP-WCS.

If you give that line-up some time, I think it's got insane talent. And if Gordon can keep defenses honest from the corner 3, Porzingis is a great PF to put on the court between him and WCS. Downside is a ton of youth. But WCS was a 3 year college player and Porzingis is already a professional. Either way, I would love to watch that team grow. Seems much more balanced from a skill standpoint than what we have now.

Okay, just for the sake of a fun convo...

We trade Vuc and Payton to Sacramento. LA gets Cousins. We get #2 and #6 and keep #5. We take Russell, Porzingis, and WCS. Re-sign Tobias and sign Koufos to start this season.

PG) Russell

SG) Vic -Fournier

SF) Gordon - Tobias

PF) Porzingis - Frye

C) Koufos - WCS

Future line-up of Russell-Vic-AG-KP-WCS.

If you give that line-up some time, I think it's got insane talent. And if Gordon can keep defenses honest from the corner 3, Porzingis is a great PF to put on the court between him and WCS. Downside is a ton of youth. But WCS was a 3 year college player and Porzingis is already a professional. Either way, I would love to watch that team grow. Seems much more balanced from a skill standpoint than what we have now.

I'd rather have Russell Porzingis Hezonja or Hezonja and wcs than Porzingis and wcs

no thanks

the magic are not trading elfrid

They'd be unwise to not consider it. If his shot doesn't show significant improvement this season, his value to our team and across the league will have a serious cap. Guards need to be able to shoot. He shot 26% from 3 and 55% from the line. He doesn't need to just improve a little. He needs massive improvement. I like what he does, but let's not pretend he's a wildly better prospect than Russell is in today's NBA.

I'd rather have Russell Porzingis Hezonja or Hezonja and wcs than Porzingis and wcs

I thought about that too. I was just worried our defense would be lacking.

Just got the measurements for @kporzee from @impactbball! 7'1.25" w/out shoes, 7'6 wingspan, 230 lbs. Longest wingspan in the draft.

Chad Ford

Holy crap 7'1 without shoes??????

no way am i giving up vucc and 5 for okafor alone

remember what henny said about making the team too young....we would be trading our most experienced core player for a rookie

if it was for towns i would do it

Yeah I would hope Randle and Stauskas are thrown in there somewhere

Just got the measurements for @kporzee from @impactbball! 7'1.25" w/out shoes, 7'6 wingspan, 230 lbs. Longest wingspan in the draft.

Chad Ford

Wow I'm not sure if there is a single guy in the league that would be able to effect his shot. It's probably all the hype but I'm coming around to getting this kid. He's huge and can shoot.

Wow I'm not sure if there is a single guy in the league that would be able to effect his shot. It's probably all the hype but I'm coming around to getting this kid. He's huge and can shoot.

He also started as a PG so he's got decent handles!

Chad Ford

We're not getting this guy and it pains me to say it