CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Watching the small ball finals makes me value WCS more because I see it as having a 7' rim protector on the floor, with enough athleticism to guard oposing 3s, 4s, and 5s. I picture a lineup of:

Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Gordon/WCS

...and think we have everything we need right there. We can score, defend like hell, rebound, and switch on everything if we needed. I'm not saying that will be the case off rip, but like Rob, I'm banking on Elf, Vic, and AG improving their shooting. If Mozgov was agile enough, i'm sure he would've been on the floor. Blatt played down to GSW's strength and lost. He should've stayed big and done what got them the wins in game 2 & 3.

This lineup cannot score because it cannot shoot the ball

George Lucas and Timothe Luwawu are the two biggest name players who withdrew from the draft. Both were late first to mid 2nd round guys.

The lack of news about who we've worked out is eerily quiet. Was it this quiet last year? I seem to remember a few more names out there than just 2 prospects (Winslow and WCS) and a bunch of undrafted guys. Either we've tightened up our leaks (most likely) or we're already set on drafting one of the guys who isn't doing workouts (that'd be between Hezonja or Porzingis unless Okafor or Towns fell).

The lack of news about who we've worked out is eerily quiet. Was it this quiet last year? I seem to remember a few more names out there than just 2 prospects (Winslow and WCS) and a bunch of undrafted guys. Either we've tightened up our leaks (most likely) or we're already set on drafting one of the guys who isn't doing workouts (that'd be between Hezonja or Porzingis unless Okafor or Towns fell).

I think we don't want what happened with the Payton trade to happen again.

the more I read, the more I feel we are getting a big man to pair with Vuch.

I do want Mairio, but I see Willie or Porzingis in our future. It will matter, which player is available. I just need to wrap my head around one of these two players. It will be a big man. I think they look at the starting line up and see Frye/Dedmon, then say.... "We need an upgrade!"

I also feel they view Gordon as a SF. Thus, I dont see Mo Harkless here long term.

Willie's Pros

The Best Defender in the draft. A real rim protector. We become a top ten defense.

Super athlete

Improved Mid range shooting

Can guard the new nba forwards

Willie's Cons

Shooting range. Increases spacing issues

Passing

Zinger Pros

Shooting range. Improves our spacing and scoring ability

Upside

Length

Can guard the new nba forwards

Zinger Cons

Toughness (Cotton Soft)

Awareness

Passing

so it seems like with the stephenson trade, that the hornets are set to draft a wing shooter. booker is pretty unanimously slotted for them at 9. question is, if they want to move up to draft hezonja, would you take vonleh and 9 for our pick?

im pretty much set on one of the big men (zinger or wcs) but i do still like vonleh

so it seems like with the stephenson trade, that the hornets are set to draft a wing shooter. booker is pretty unanimously slotted for them at 9. question is, if they want to move up to draft hezonja, would you take vonleh and 9 for our pick?

im pretty much set on one of the big men (zinger or wcs) but i do still like vonleh

I don't think we'd do that.

I'd do it. finally the PF we thought we were getting in Nicholson and the future defensive anchor.