CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

How does this differ from Frye last year? And then we put in the physical Dedmon or O'Quinn last year to help Vuch when people waltzed through the middle on Vuch/Frye; how did that work out?

Memories seem to be very short.

The makes no sense. Frye was brought here to spread the floor which he did. He shot 39% from 3 and wasn't even used properly by the coaching staff.

Im not even sure what you are attempting to say but I guess it has something to do with weak side rim protection, something Porz is projected to be second best in this draft behind WCS.

I know this was talked about at the deadline, but what do people think of Faried? What about trading back two spots, picking him up and dumping Frye:

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=p3em6wo .

He was a stud in USA play, and his defense improved this past year. Still is only 25.

I like Faried a lot. If we drafted Porz you would think he would be a nice vet to put in against big lineups, but he is overrated as a rim protector.

Just because someone uses screens some doesn't make them athletic. He is very long so he dunks easy but he doesn't seem highly athletic. There is a big difference in athleticism between Porzingis and WCS. When I see WCS moving like a guard and flying high I am impressed. Porzingis doesn't impress me in that way. He is young, long, and can hit the three.

So you see WCS moving around "like a guard" but when Porzingis runs off screens, which is also moving like a guard, you are not impressed?

Ok

I have. He is okay running the floor but nothing special.

Vuch runs the floor well. He also is not a stiff. But, I would not call him highly athletic. Porzingis is longer than vuch but they run the floor the same to me. There are a few things I like and they are not athleticism. I am not co signing that hype box.

Thankfully you are not an NBA scout because you are not looking at film at all correctly.

I don't know how to respond to this. I just want to make the playoffs next year, and like I said before to each their own.

We could make the playoffs just on player improvement, some free agent signings to strengthen the bench and better coaching.

If Mudiay falls to #5 and they pick him does anyone else get the feeling that he'd be the starting PG in 2 years over Payton?

No. Payton is too damn good. I could see Mudiay playing next to him and moving Victor to 6th man after a season though. He can play the 2, and his shooting motion is already improved.

The makes no sense. Frye was brought here to spread the floor which he did. He shot 39% from 3 and wasn't even used properly by the coaching staff.

Im not even sure what you are attempting to say but I guess it has something to do with weak side rim protection, something Porz is projected to be second best in this draft behind WCS.

I like Faried a lot. If we drafted Porz you would think he would be a nice vet to put in against big lineups, but he is overrated as a rim protector.

So you see WCS moving around "like a guard" but when Porzingis runs off screens, which is also moving like a guard, you are not impressed?

Ok

Thankfully you are not an NBA scout because you are not looking at film at all correctly.

We could make the playoffs just on player improvement, some free agent signings to strengthen the bench and better coaching.

No. Payton is too damn good. I could see Mudiay playing next to him and moving Victor to 6th man after a season though. He can play the 2, and his shooting motion is already improved.

Your funny. Let us draft him and you will finally understand my comments.

You can call him an elite athlete all you want. I just won't.

I don't think anyone has described him as an elite athlete.

i think first 3 picks will be towns/russell/okafor in some order

i just can't picture phil jackson taking a long term project like porzingis 4th. Phil is going to probably want a safer pick, i see this being a WCS or Winslow spot. that leaves the magic with a chance to pick porzingis or mudiay.

i still keep coming back to hezonja but there has been zero out there about the magic being interested

I don't think anyone has described him as an elite athlete.

Someone was saying because he goes around screens that the guy is some eye popping athlete and I don't agree. He has fluidity mobility but he is not kg.

Right. He's mobile.

I agree that he is mobile. All I was say is that he is not WCS. He is cool with a nice shooting skill set. I like his length and shooting. He will be okay at shot blocking but won't be in the top of the league, because of his size and mobility he will do well.

I have been just saying that Porzingis and WCS are in different categories when it comes to athletic ability. The guy is mobile for his size, no question.

Yeah, no one called him "elite".

My James White comments are referring to those who buy into the notion that uber athleticism trumps skill.

WCS is faster and jumps higher. What WCS can do does not mean Porzingis is a slouch. Porzingis's ability to move as fluid as he does around screens and with the ball in hands, is abnormal for a player at 7'1. It's very rare and it's something WCS does not possess. Defensively, WCS is better but I'm willing to bet, Porzingis will be decent enough. He's no John Amaechi leaping wise (which is what some of yall are making him out to be), and he can get down the court quicker than your average 7'1 center can.

BTW, I hope we do draft him. I hope he's there at 5 but I think he's getting so much attention now, and for good reason, he won't be there.

i think first 3 picks will be towns/russell/okafor in some order

i just can't picture phil jackson taking a long term project like porzingis 4th. Phil is going to probably want a safer pick, i see this being a WCS or Winslow spot. that leaves the magic with a chance to pick porzingis or mudiay.

i still keep coming back to hezonja but there has been zero out there about the magic being interested

I agree that Towns/Russell/okafor will go top 3.

Someone was saying because he goes around screens that the guy is some eye popping athlete and I don't agree. He has fluidity mobility but he is not kg.

I agree that he is mobile. All I was say is that he is not WCS. He is cool with a nice shooting skill set. I like his length and shooting. He will be okay at shot blocking but won't be in the top of the league, because of his size and mobility he will do well.

I have been just saying that Porzingis and WCS are in different categories when it comes to athletic ability. The guy is mobile for his size, no question.

Why even bring up KG though?

Do yourself a favor...Rewatch the workout without looking for a comparison. Just tell yourself your watching a 7'1 19 year old.