CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

We will just keep going in circles. I'll point out how, in 3 years in college (4 to your knowledge), his numbers stayed relatively the same and he failed to develop at all on the offensive end of the floor, and you'll say the numbers are deceiving because of players around him, scheme etc. This is a guy who couldn't post up a point guard in the tournament.

Season School Conf G MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% TRB AST STL BLK PTS

2012-13 Kentucky SEC 29 23.6 3.6 5.8 .621 3.6 5.8 .621 0.0 0.0 1.1 3.0 .372 6.2 0.9 0.8 2.1 8.3

2013-14 Kentucky SEC 37 23.8 2.9 4.8 .596 2.9 4.8 .596 0.0 0.0 1.1 2.2 .482 6.1 0.7 1.2 2.9 6.8

2014-15 Kentucky SEC 39 25.9 3.5 6.1 .572 3.5 6.1 .572 0.0 0.0 2.0 3.3 .617 6.4 1.0 1.2 1.7 8.9

Let's recall that, I don't mind WCS. He's always been in my top 3, just theres a gap there IMO.

The entire basis of my argument against WCS is I think we could get a player with a much higher ceiling at 5. Now if we were at 7 or 8 I think it makes more sense. I would completely understand the logistics behind WCS if Rob decides to draft him. It's obvious where he would improve our roster. My wife would be able to see that. But (now this is my opinion, I don't have physical evidence that I could submit to you) I feel like we should draft either Mario or Winslow there because (again, this is my opinion) they have the potential to be all-stars (not superstars) in this league. Whereas (again this is my opinion) WCS projects as a good role player at best to me.

There. Ideally we could move on after this, but time will tell. I'd like to get past this, I won't post anymore :/ faces or "Troll" you.

I'm with HeHateMe on this one. Just don't believe the guy can grow on the offensive end and therefore has a very limited upside. Ceilings are much higher on other players at #5.

• Upvote 1

Honestly you can post whatever faces you want. It's your character on display in your posts not mine. If you want to get past it, just talk about basketball.

WCS - The main concern in his stats is scoring. That is obvious. We all know that. You just said numbers, and I don't know what that means, since some of his stats showed significant improvement like I pointed out.

But I don't think anyone's ceiling is crazy high either. My point is based on the fact that many people here say Porzingis is going to be bust. His risk/reward is pretty volatile in that way.

With WCS you know you will get a top tier defender and a guy who can run the pick and roll. The rest is up in the air.

On pure potential Porzingis is the pick - but many people here scream that he is soft and small. So how incredibly high can someones ceiling be in that case?

Other posters say attitude determines the success of an athlete. So in the case it would make Mario's ceiling lower, since he has the worst attitude of any top 10 pick.

I guess I don't see many guys with insane ceilings at 5. If there was one, to me it would be Porzingis. Now if Mudiay falls then he would be in that category.

I'm with HeHateMe on this one. Just don't believe the guy can grow on the offensive end and therefore has a very limited upside. Ceilings are much higher on other players at #5.

How much offense does he need? He is showing signs of shooting rather nicely from midrange. His only problem there is he brings the ball down to his waist, which is not a good idea.

If the Magic think Vuc can be the guy at 5, than yeah..I don't think WCS is the best option. But he would definitely be a great fit for the team if the goal is to field a top 5 defense.

Any one actually think he won't go top 10?

He'll go in the Top 10 because some GMs are idiots.

Flip Saunders is seriously considering Okafor for the number 1 pick because he's obsessed with the 1990s.

Towns is a defensive stud that shoots +80% from the FT line. He'd be a no brainer if I were a GM

Well..yeah. He's the consensus #1 pick by most people and that hasn't changed for months. Ive wanted Towns at #1 for a long time and some people here used to say they weren't sold on him.

In fact they argued that his stats at KY weren't that good.

I refuse to believe the Wolves go Okafor over Towns. I like Okafor, but I think Towns can be a transcending player. That shot, with that size, mixed with his physicality, just seems impossible to pass up.