CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

As much as I want Hezonja or Winslow I'd be okay with Porzingis. I wouldn't be surprised if Russell fell to us because the Knicks might fall in love with Winslow

I've heard they really love WCS too but I don't really see how he fits in the triangle.

As much as I want Hezonja or Winslow I'd be okay with Porzingis. I wouldn't be surprised if Russell fell to us because the Knicks might fall in love with Winslow

I think the surprise will be the lakers at 2. They may go with a pg. Then the 76ers will take the other pg and then the knick would get the big man.

Wolves Towns

Lakers Mudiay

76ers Russell

Knicks Okafor

Magic Mario

I've heard they really love WCS too but I don't really see how he fits in the triangle.

Very true because I think he'd be terrible in the triangle.

I agree Lavar, I feel the Lakers can go three different ways and are the wildcard in the top five. Clarkson played very well but he may never be a game changer. The Lakers have tons of money so it wouldn't surprise me if they got DeAndre Jordan or Monroe in free agency then take Mudiay or Russell.

On another note! I was reading this article on Bleacher report about us possibly getting Winslow and this ATL Hawks fan said he hopes Winslow goes before five. He said he'd be scared to see Winslow, Oladipo, and Payton playing alongside each other.

Very true because I think he'd be terrible in the triangle.

I agree Lavar, I feel the Lakers can go three different ways and are the wildcard in the top five. Clarkson played very well but he may never be a game changer. The Lakers have tons of money so it wouldn't surprise me if they got DeAndre Jordan or Monroe in free agency then take Mudiay or Russell.

On another note! I was reading this article on Bleacher report about us possibly getting Winslow and this ATL Hawks fan said he hopes Winslow goes before five. He said he'd be scared to see Winslow, Oladipo, and Payton playing alongside each other.

That Atl Hawks fan seems like a smart guy.

How do you guys feel about Bobby Portis? I'm really liking him and would not be surprised if he worked his way up. I'd easily take him over WCS.

I could see Mudiay falling to us, but not Russell. The Lakers may be tempted by him over Okafor who might not be a great fit with Randle, and they could play Russell at PG or groom him to be Kobe's successor at SG. If they pass on him for Okafor, the 76ers should take Russell in favour of Mudiay, because they traded MCW who's shooting was a weakness, so I can't see why they'd draft another guard who can't shoot over one that can and has the play making ability of Russell. Though if they pass on him for Mudiay, the Knicks most likely wouldn't pass on him because he's a fit for their triangle, though I suppose WCS could be their pick as well.

That said, if Russell is there that would be great. But I suspect the most likey from the top four to fall will be Mudiay. And it will be interesting to see what Henny does if that happens...

I could see Mudiay falling to us, but not Russell. The Lakers may be tempted by him over Okafor who might not be a great fit with Randle, and they could play Russell at PG or groom him to be Kobe's successor at SG. If they pass on him for Okafor, the 76ers should take Russell in favour of Mudiay, because they traded MCW who's shooting was a weakness, so I can't see why they'd draft another guard who can't shoot over one that can and has the play making ability of Russell. Though if they pass on him for Mudiay, the Knicks most likely wouldn't pass on him because he's a fit for their triangle, though I suppose WCS could be their pick as well.

That said, if Russell is there that would be great. But I suspect the most likey from the top four to fall will be Mudiay. And it will be interesting to see what Henny does if that happens...

I can see Mudiay being the one falling as well and if he does I see Henny looking for offers to trade down. Mudiay does have a huge upside but his downfall is his shooting but the play of Elfrid may have changed the minds of GM's.

An interesting comparison with Dwight on Draft express

2014 Kentucky Combine Measurements and Analysis

October 11, 2014

Willie Cauley-Stein measured almost exactly as he did a year ago at the Nike Big Man Skills Academy standing 6'11.25 without shoes with a 240-pound frame and 7'2 wingspan. His 6.4% body fat is simply outstanding considering he's gained some 30 pounds since his high school days, while his 3.15 second ¾ court sprint and 12'3 maximum reach are almost identical to the numbers registered by Dwight Howard coming out of high school. The latter ranks among the 10 best marks in our entire database. The 19 reps Cauley-Stein pumped out on the bench (185-pounds like the NBA Combine) are also fairly impressive considering his strength was maligned early in his career. There's no question that Cauley-Stein is currently the gold standard when it comes athletic ability when it comes to center prospects in the college game.

[Read Full Article]

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3b6yd6P87'>http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3b6yd6P87

http://www.draftexpress.com

If the Lakers like Mudiay, I wonder if they would look to trade back with the Knicks, who clearly would want Okafor.

OR

Let's ask this question: do you think the Magic are at all looking to trade up to get Okafor? Or do you think they'd be fine with Justice Winslow / Mario Hezonja?

An interesting comparison with Dwight on Draft express

2014 Kentucky Combine Measurements and Analysis

October 11, 2014

Willie Cauley-Stein measured almost exactly as he did a year ago at the Nike Big Man Skills Academy standing 6'11.25 without shoes with a 240-pound frame and 7'2 wingspan. His 6.4% body fat is simply outstanding considering he's gained some 30 pounds since his high school days, while his 3.15 second ¾ court sprint and 12'3 maximum reach are almost identical to the numbers registered by Dwight Howard coming out of high school. The latter ranks among the 10 best marks in our entire database. The 19 reps Cauley-Stein pumped out on the bench (185-pounds like the NBA Combine) are also fairly impressive considering his strength was maligned early in his career. There's no question that Cauley-Stein is currently the gold standard when it comes athletic ability when it comes to center prospects in the college game.

[Read Full Article]

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3b6yd6P87'>http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3b6yd6P87

http://www.draftexpress.com

I mean, the athletic ability does get me fairly excited... but what about his attitude / personality? Magic are so high on character I don't think they would ever go for Cauley-Stein.