CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Could be an adrenaline dump, I have that very often when I play soccer. It doesn't matter in what kind of shape I'm in, sometimes I'll feel really tired right when the game starts, but then if I take a small break or just cool down I can play for 2 hours straight

It's the initial adrenaline wearing off, combined with the initial lactic acid burn in your muscles.

There's a reason why anyone in the world is more tired, sore and out of breath 10 minutes into their hour workout than they are at the 45 minute mark: your body has to make a temporary adjustment to its new effort level needs.

^ If Ever that Happens, I believe you should say. Hard to change ones stripes.

Eh, in college he was the 8th most efficient player in the nation

It's the initial adrenaline wearing off, combined with the initial lactic acid burn in your muscles.

There's a reason why anyone in the world is more tired, sore and out of breath 10 minutes into their hour workout than they are at the 45 minute mark: your body has to make a temporary adjustment to its new effort level needs.

Yes, you explained it better than I could. That's why some coaches recommend a really strong warm up

As a general rule, you never trade Elton Brand so you can draft Eddy Curry.

Every time someone brings up trading one of our top players for a draft prospect, I will make this reference. Thank you, Jesus.

^ If Ever that Happens, I believe you should say. Hard to change ones stripes.

What?

Since last year, he's become a much more efficient scorer, turns the ball over at a substantially lower rate, improved his shooting percentage from almost everywhere on the court, improved his PER by 2.4, all while playing above average defense.

I'm legitimately not sure what some people on this board expect our players to turn into. Oladipo is currently a player who'll put up 17.5/4/4 with good defense on efficiency that is slightly above league average.

Even if he never turns into anything beyond that, that's still a super valuable player.

• Upvote 1

Pretty off topic but I find this interesting. If you can stop lactic acid buildup and you can obtain sufficient fuel you can run forever. It's not even a theory, this guy http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/2013/aug/30/dean-karnazes-man-run-forever is essentially an x-men. Dude's only barrier for distance running is a need for sleep

Pretty off topic but I find this interesting. If you can stop lactic acid buildup and you can obtain sufficient fuel you can run forever. It's not even a theory, this guy http://www.theguardi...man-run-forever is essentially an x-men. Dude's only barrier for distance running is a need for sleep

Yeah, there's a few people like that. Not just with this particular ability, but people who through some weird genetic anomaly have abilities that are almost indistinguishable from super powers.

I remember reading a while back about a guy whose body couldn't, for some reason, get cold. Like, he could jump into freezing cold water, get out of the water into subzero temperatures, and just kind of shrug it off.

Yeah, there's a few people like that. Not just with this particular ability, but people who through some weird genetic anomaly have abilities that are almost indistinguishable from super powers.

I remember reading a while back about a guy whose body couldn't, for some reason, get cold. Like, he could jump into freezing cold water, get out of the water into subzero temperatures, and just kind of shrug it off.

Yeah I remember that guy. He went on hikes through the snow wearing shorts and tennis shoes. It wasn't that he just wouldn't feel cold, he wouldn't suffer any negative effects from the cold either.

That is insane to me.

What?

Since last year, he's become a much more efficient scorer, turns the ball over at a substantially lower rate, improved his shooting percentage from almost everywhere on the court, improved his PER by 2.4, all while playing above average defense.

I'm legitimately not sure what some people on this board expect our players to turn into. Oladipo is currently a player who'll put up 17.5/4/4 with good defense on efficiency that is slightly above league average.

Even if he never turns into anything beyond that, that's still a super valuable player.

Oladpio is putting us these numbers on one of the worse teams in the NBA. I wonder how or what his numbers would be like on an actual good team. How would he fit into a system where he isn't just allowed to just run around recklessly and do whatever he wants.

I like Dipo, but if he can't ever become a consistent perimeter scorer I question how good this team can be. If he can become consistent from the outside, he could be killer. That's why if we have a shot at Russell, I would draft him in a heartbeat.

Oladpio is putting us these numbers on one of the worse teams in the NBA. I wonder how or what his numbers would be like on an actual good team. How would he fit into a system where he isn't just allowed to just run around recklessly and do whatever he wants.

I like Dipo, but if he can't ever become a consistent perimeter scorer I question how good this team can be. If he can become consistent from the outside, he could be killer. That's why if we have a shot at Russell, I would draft him in a heartbeat.

On an actual good team, he'd have guys to give him spacing and take pressure off of him as a primary scorer. He can focus on his strengths offensively and put more of his energy into defense. That's what makes him valuable.

What?

I never said he hadn't improved over last season. I believe that Russell has a better upside and seems like a player that knows his limits. Which Oladipo has shown and continues to show he has not found his. I have seen him shoot the lamest shots at the rim this year. These shots have absolutely ZERO chance of going in. It seems that he has put up these kinds of shots at a higher percentage this year, than last. That is the kind of play that concerns me about him.