CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Either you think those 5 players are going to be multiple all stars or you are improperly using words like "expect" and "likely". There's really no in between

Kentucky is hands down the best team in college basketball but that doesn't mean they're likely going to win a championship.

• Upvote 2

Never said that, I said they are the best picks for all-star potential. I would never guarantee all the pics are definitely all-stars, but they all have that ceiling.

Man you just love to argue over complete BS and put words in peoples mouths. Are you just bitter or angry about something and want to continue to antagonize me over stupid details? Whats the problem? Let me know so we can knock it out because you really have become rather petty lately.

How does one determine a players ceiling? Based solely on athletic ability? Because on that basis there are plenty who could be all-stars

The point was that three high lotto picks in a row is not a sign that the rebuild is a failure. Even after getting Durant and Westbrook, the Thunder were a high lotto team for a third year. If that's the case, why does the Magic being a high lotto team a third year without that talent mean this has been a failure?

Not once in my post did I say anything about our rebuild being a failure. As I stated, I believe we've drafted the best players available where we drafted. But those players are not comparable to what OKC was able to draft where they drafted.

I don't think your position is wrong Catman in the current argument, I just think that your tendency to state your beliefs as fact and not holding yourself accountable when they don't work out has worn thin on some to the point where they have decided to point out each fault in the hopes that you realize you are no different from anyone else here. Admitting responsibility for being wrong at times instead of trying to justify a losing position helps with that tremendously.

• Upvote 2

Not once in my post did I say anything about our rebuild being a failure. As I stated, I believe we've drafted the best players available where we drafted. But those players are not comparable to what OKC was able to draft where they drafted.

This rebuild doesn't really scream OKC rebuild to me. I think thats what Rob wanted, but we would have needed to get Wiggins for that to occur. As it stands, our rebuild seems to be more like Philly's, with more of an emphasis on player development than analytic-based moves. That being said, it is clear that with the exception of Nik that our development team hasn't lived up to the challenge thus far.

I personally liked the Weisbrod model for rebuilds, that Miami later adopted. It worked better for them than us, obviously. Weisbrod catches a lot of flak around here, but his model worked, and it made us seem like a FA destination. We aren't OKC, we shouldn't act like them.

You're mad at me for your own words?

Since you seem to struggle grasping simple sentences, let me break it down for you :

IMO - this is a very deep draft.

IMO - yes, those player have all-star potential. I never said they would all be elite players and ALL would pan out.

Let me clarify again since you want to have a petty argument over nothing. Maybe you are having a bad week or just like to fight online about BS.

I want one of those players because I believe they all have the likelihood of being all-stars at some point in their careers. Maybe one or two is a perennial, or they all just make it once in their lives. But yes, I do believe they all have the potential to do so and it's not crazy to think that.

For the sake of clarity, the guys I am saying this about are - Okafor, Russell, Mudiay and Johnson.

That's it. If you want to argue semantics because you have nothing better to do, go ahead. Maybe you will just annoy everyone to the point that they all leave this board and you are moderating yourself. If that is the end goal, you are looking good.

I don't think your position is wrong Catman in the current argument, I just think that your tendency to state your beliefs as fact and not holding yourself accountable when they don't work out has worn thin on some to the point where they have decided to point out each fault in the hopes that you realize you are no different from anyone else here. Admitting responsibility for being wrong at times instead of trying to justify a losing position helps with that tremendously.

Murphy I appreciate you taking every opportunity when I am in a discussion with someone else to pile on as a 3rd party. It's noted because you have done it like clockwork for years now. I clearly have upset you to the point of you HAVING to throw in your 2 cents out of the blue at every given opportunity.

Let me add a few things to this. I have held myself accountable for everything I have said. It is all searchable and documented.

For example, I said Oladipo should average 18-20 ppg this year. - I was wrong.

I said the Magic would win 33 games this year. I don't think thats going to happen now.

The problem is half the time the arguments I have are against people who say stuff like "Rob is an idiot, he should never have fired Stan". Or "Channing Frye's contract will ruin the magic and cripple the cap". Or all the insane BJunkie logic over the summer.

It's nonsense like that I usually argue against. So having a "losing position" against some of the inane things you and others have said is simply impossible. It's more along the lines of fact correction than any real debate.

I'm not piling on, it's out of genuine interest that I said what I said. It's clear by what you responded with that it's not getting through to you still, so I will back off, no big deal. No need to be so defensive.

How does one determine a players ceiling? Based solely on athletic ability? Because on that basis there are plenty who could be all-stars

Why don't you research on your own and craft your own answers to that question like everyone else here does who engages in draft discussion?

Since you seem to struggle grasping simple sentences, let me break it down for you :

IMO - this is a very deep draft.

IMO - yes, those player have all-star potential. I never said they would all be elite players and ALL would pan out.

Let me clarify again since you want to have a petty argument over nothing. Maybe you are having a bad week or just like to fight online about BS.

I want one of those players because I believe they all have the likelihood of being all-stars at some point in their careers. Maybe one or two is a perennial, or they all just make it once in their lives. But yes, I do believe they all have the potential to do so and it's not crazy to think that.

For the sake of clarity, the guys I am saying this about are - Okafor, Russell, Mudiay and Johnson.

That's it. If you want to argue semantics because you have nothing better to do, go ahead. Maybe you will just annoy everyone to the point that they all leave this board and you are moderating yourself. If that is the end goal, you are looking good.

Our only way to communicate on here is with words. When you say "I expect Johnson to make a few all star games" that's not saying "well he projects as a solid starter with a high floor as a three and d guy but has a very high ceiling where he could be a multi time all star"

What you said with your words is every guy in the top 5 is going to become the best version of themselves which never happens.

So what do you expect when you can't communicate properly

I'm not piling on, it's out of genuine interest that I said what I said. It's clear by what you responded with that it's not getting through to you still, so I will back off, no big deal. No need to be so defensive.

Murphy I appreciate your "genuine interest" in my well being. I also hope you realize how ridiculous that sounds. In addition, I appreciate your hyper sensitivity to me, to the point that you jumped in out of the blue to give your 2 cents when it is not needed or welcomed. I would suggest working on your socialization skills. To help with this and illustrate your lack of awareness, I can break down your post sentence by sentence as such :

Sentence 1 - You are piling on. You fit the description perfectly. You may as well say you are not a human being and instead are a dog with access to masters keyboard, because you are now just denying obvious facts. When 2 people are talking and you jump in to to attack one side, that is the exact definition of "piling on".

Sentence 2 - I appreciate you backing off. What would be more appreciated is not saying anything in the first place, as it adds nothing to the discussion.

Sentence 3 - When you take shots at someone, they usually will respond. That is not "being defensive", that is typical human behavior and you are not fooling anyone by playing this dumb.

Our only way to communicate on here is with words. When you say "I expect Johnson to make a few all star games" that's not saying "well he projects as a solid starter with a high floor as a three and d guy but has a very high ceiling where he could be a multi time all star"

What you said with your words is every guy in the top 5 is going to become the best version of themselves which never happens.

So what do you expect when you can't communicate properly

Your lack of cognitive ability is not my problem. I said multiple times I think these guys project to be all-stars. I never once said they would all be all-stars. I also said, I was making a prediction on Johnson that he COULD BE a multi time all star.

What part of COULD BE did you not see in that quote?

It's funny how a mod on a message board can be so petty that he will drag an argument over days and not even have valid point to it. You are not making any semblance of a point anymore, you are just arguing to be a PITA.

Seriously, this is a stupid argument that does no good to anyone. Why do you keep pushing this?