Sign in to follow this  
jjgator

Magic acquire Anthony Randolph in trade

We gave away the rights to some Euro and got two 2nd rounders from them

Damn. AM I CONFUSED>.....smile_panicworker.gif

Damn. AM I CONFUSED>.....smile_panicworker.gif

We got the rights to a euro second rounder back in 2007. He never came over stateside. We still have his rights. Chicago wanted to open up cap space so they could sign Gasol. They traded Randolph for the "rights" to the euro player who is never coming over. They also gave us two future second rounders for taking on Randolph's contract.

In essence, we got two second rounders to help the Bulls shed 2 mil so they could sign Gasol.

• Upvote 1

We got the rights to a euro second rounder back in 2007. He never came over stateside. We still have his rights. Chicago wanted to open up cap space so they could sign Gasol. They traded Randolph for the "rights" to the euro player who is never coming over. They also gave us two future second rounders for taking on Randolph's contract.

In essence, we got two second rounders to help the Bulls shed 2 mil so they could sign Gasol.

Sometimes you have moments.

rollbaby.gif

And with the Randolph trade, the Age of Rakovic comes to a close for the Magic.

I honestly didn't know we had the rights to him before this trade or who he is. Passenger 57 is a classic.

I honestly didn't know we had the rights to him before this trade or who he is. Passenger 57 is a classic.

The real question is when are we trading away the rights to Fran Vasquez? He is 31 years old and still has many more elite years left in him.

Anyone? :dustball:

So how long is Randolph's contract for? (as in, how long does it count against the Magic)

Expiring, it is essentially gone. Plus the bulls gave us cash (which I guess covers the expense of his waived contract). We got 2 2nd round picks for next to nothing.

Expiring, it is essentially gone. Plus the bulls gave us cash (which I guess covers the expense of his waived contract). We got 2 2nd round picks for next to nothing.

Works for me! Henny fixing a little more of Otis' damage..

Works for me! Henny fixing a little more of Otis' damage..

Exactly. Basically it is only the rights of Fran that we need gone till the Otis mess is completely rid. I hope it gets attached in any trade that we are involved next, only for a sign of significance against the previous gm and lack of professional adequacy that he showed.