Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Does Henny know what he is doing poll?

71 members have voted

1. 1. Does Henny know what he is doing?

• Yes...he has a plan and is sticking to it. We will be fine
    • I'm not sure after the draft and questionable trades...Ill give him one more year.
    • No, he has not made good decisions and the team could be managed better by someone else. Its time to move on, I've seen enough.
    • He is Otis Smith 2.0...GET HIM OUT NOW! Ive had enough

I will admit to having some doubts, which were increased by today's news of an agreement to sign Ben Gordon?!? I think we could have gotten more for Afflalo, but I will give Fournier time and see. I wonder that we gave up Meer for nothing, but again, I will wait and see what comes of the cap room. Hence my vote for "one more year".

Remember that time where we traded Redick and got back some bench warmer called Tobias Harris? This Fournier trade smells very similar.

I'm not ready to pull the plug on it yet or anything, but thus far, I'm less than impressed. We're just spinning our wheels in the mud and not actually progressing forward.

We're changing the culture, committing to the talent we've acquired, giving them the chance to grow and see if anyone blossoms into a key piece to build around. Saving cap space, not wasting it on role players or #3 type of guys, realizing we will need it to sign our own players or to lure in a top tier FA when and if this team is ready.

• Upvote 1

We're changing the culture, committing to the talent we've acquired, giving them the chance to grow and see if anyone blossoms into a key piece to build around. Saving cap space, not wasting it on role players or #3 type of guys, realizing we will need it to sign our own players or to lure in a top tier FA when and if this team is ready.

Agreed....This seems to be the plan....Yesterday on ESPN Radio 580 Orlando Anez and company spent the whole show discussing the Magic....Talked about Jameer but mostly talking about Henny and questioning his decisions and his plan.

I thought Anez made a good point by bringing out that the last two years the Magic have had the worst record in the league....He said it has been a long two years and people are sick of the losing....He said with the roster we have now we are looking at another 20-win season.

He understood Henny's plan but felt like the younger generation could be more patient waiting for the team to progress and liked Rob's plan....He felt like the older generation couldn't handle the losing anymore, lol.

A good majority of the callers (and there were many) echoed his thoughts.

Not trying to be argumentative, Captain, but was wondering if you think Rob's plan will stand the test of time......?

Great summary. As I told Junkie, Henny's tenure will be completely set by how these young pups develop, which I love.

Agreed....This seems to be the plan....Yesterday on ESPN Radio 580 Orlando Anez and company spent the whole show discussing the Magic....Talked about Jameer but mostly talking about Henny and questioning his decisions and his plan.

I thought Anez made a good point by bringing out that the last two years the Magic have had the worst record in the league....He said it has been a long two years and people are sick of the losing....He said with the roster we have now we are looking at another 20-win season.

He understood Henny's plan but felt like the younger generation could be more patient waiting for the team to progress and liked Rob's plan....He felt like the older generation couldn't handle the losing anymore, lol.

A good majority of the callers (and there were many) echoed his thoughts.

Not trying to be argumentative, Captain, but was wondering if you think Rob's plan will stand the test of time......?

I think you nailed it in the sense that younger fans are more patient and willing to let the plan be done properly and correctly. Where as the old fans do not wish, or find it difficult to be patient and want wins now. I am a younger, patient fan. Let the plan be complete. But I understand oldies not having the patience.

I think you nailed it in the sense that younger fans are more patient and willing to let the plan be done properly and correctly. Where as the old fans do not wish, or find it difficult to be patient and want wins now. I am a younger, patient fan. Let the plan be complete. But I understand oldies not having the patience.

It's because they're dying soon.

So....4thewin, Soul Bro, HiTop ( the mods)....do you think Henny's plan is the best long or short term plan for this organization moving forward ??? ( as we discussed earlier in this thread ).

So....4thewin, Soul Bro, HiTop ( the mods)....do you think Henny's plan is the best long or short term plan for this organization moving forward ??? ( as we discussed earlier in this thread ).

I think he got this job with a 4 year plan. We still have two years. You don't question the plan when it's incomplete and he hasn't made any bad moves.

I think he got this job with a 4 year plan. We still have two years.

That's how I see it, too. I think it's a great long term plan.

Soul, you and 4thewin do realize his plan includes the Magic having the worst record in the league the last two season's combined with a lot more losing still to come this year ???

Do you still like and or are on board with that plan ???