Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Does Henny know what he is doing poll?

71 members have voted

1. 1. Does Henny know what he is doing?

• Yes...he has a plan and is sticking to it. We will be fine
    • I'm not sure after the draft and questionable trades...Ill give him one more year.
    • No, he has not made good decisions and the team could be managed better by someone else. Its time to move on, I've seen enough.
    • He is Otis Smith 2.0...GET HIM OUT NOW! Ive had enough

Ummm, we did have among the worst record in the league these past two years. People stating that aren't negative voices, they're just stating a fact that everyone acknowledges.

The differences of opinion are about where we're going in the future, and what the timeline is. Prior to last season, most people were saying we would start to turn it around after this past draft. Now I'm hearing it's a four year plan before we get better.

If the team starts showing improvement and it looks like they're developing some type of character, some identity, then I think people will be patient. If we have another year like the last two, I think people will be wondering what the Magic are doing, and the fan base will continue to wither.

Common sense is often met with uncommon sense. Thank you for having the former.

Ill admit my voice was incredibly negative since Otis outbid himself by 40 million bucks but I actually voted to give Henny time. Ive complimented him many times but at some point youve got to move into positive territory. At this point, Im not sure Im seeing anything positive in Orlando other than a guy collecting decent small to medium pieces. What happened to Henny saying this team would not be down long and we were NOT going into a prolonged rebuild? Ill give the guy credit for unearthing some decent players but for god sakes there are no pats on the back when youre essentially the worst team in the league. I would hope with all my Magic heart this team gels and gets 30-35 wins this year but I dont see it. Believe it or not its OK to have varied opinions...take a deep breath and consider other ideas...have an open mind. Im sure it was shocking to some when someone absolutely thought Otis was crashing our team repeatedly...but guess what HE WAS!

You of all people should be able to acknowledge the dumpster fire that was the roster that Hennigan inherited. It takes a couple of seasons to turn that kind of mess around; particularly when rebuilding with young players. Hennigan didn't even have a high draft pick to work with the first year he took over.

You of all people should be able to acknowledge the dumpster fire that was the roster that Hennigan inherited. It takes a couple of seasons to turn that kind of mess around; particularly when rebuilding with young players. Hennigan didn't even have a high draft pick to work with the first year he took over.

People seem to forget that Otis was like....the George Bush of GM's.

DrnczVC.jpg

Ill admit my voice was incredibly negative since Otis outbid himself by 40 million bucks but I actually voted to give Henny time. Ive complimented him many times but at some point youve got to move into positive territory. At this point, Im not sure Im seeing anything positive in Orlando other than a guy collecting decent small to medium pieces. What happened to Henny saying this team would not be down long and we were NOT going into a prolonged rebuild? Ill give the guy credit for unearthing some decent players but for god sakes there are no pats on the back when youre essentially the worst team in the league. I would hope with all my Magic heart this team gels and gets 30-35 wins this year but I dont see it. Believe it or not its OK to have varied opinions...take a deep breath and consider other ideas...have an open mind. Im sure it was shocking to some when someone absolutely thought Otis was crashing our team repeatedly...but guess what HE WAS!

Thanks for the response. As Emory stated, Henny inherited a mess and I'm grateful for how patient he's being. I'd rather go for a consistent 50+ win team through the development of talent (ala the Thunder) than go the route of the Knicks, etc. Meanwhile, we finally just drafted two lotto picks, which we've waited to do for some time, and you and others are saying Henny is perhaps running out of time. You might as well say that you don't believe in these picks or developing players. Lastly, where did Henny say we will not go into a prolonged rebuild? He was just praised in May … with his contract extended … for his plan and discipline in the long rebuild of the Magic:

On Friday the Magic made moves that will ensure that Hennigan and Vaughn are around to see Orlando’s massive rebuild through to completion.

http://www.nba.com/m...h-jacque-vaughn

The repetitious banality has become unbearable to those who've been nearly posting a decade. Uncommon and fresh posters lack endurance of the Magic's past ascensions in the ranks and years of collapses. This is a process of patience that no one but the gm has control of. Nevertheless, your complaints are rightfully yours but to complain about the Magic's preconceived approach to success which yet to be realized is rather foolish. Have faith.

The Magic are about 26 million dollars under the Cap, a phrase that seemed distant when the Magic signed forward, Rashard Lewis, to this team. There no longer a rotten apple being devoured on the insides its agent, Worms McKenzie. Our final relevant emoticon has been waived. There is a new fresh batch of apple's Hennigan bought from Publix in his refrigerator that have yet to ripen. Give it some time and envisage an ideal future of this organization through Hennigan's approach.

Panic is uncertainty of the future but isn't the future is always uncertain?

• Upvote 1

"Our final relevant emoticon has been waived"

lol, I may have to add this to my sig.

Welp, the Frye signing doesn't do this thread any favors.

LOL. I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I called Otis' roster garbage years ago. He collected every garbage contract in the league. Henny needed to use essentially one of the top 3 in the league to get rid of a small amount of Otis trash. Gilbert became the zillion dollar oops that Devos stroked a check for. Baby and others we still pay for so despite getting rid of them it was no great move...just money. Now we have a missed Exum, trading a first for two slots up, Ben Gordon and now the near Otis move of Frye at 31 years old eating a great portion of what Henny vaporized the team for...cap space. I can understand modeling our lineup after the Spurs but unless Pop or Duncan show up here we arent the Spurs. The Spurs NEEDED to scout late round talent for value because they never got a shot high in the draft. The Magic on the other hand are collecting late first talent by the buckets. Ive got the feeling we are starting to head in the wrong direction again. All I know is a 25 win season wont fill the arena. Frye was a bonehead move. Period. Everyone can try to rationalize it but in the end you just dont give a 31 year old average player a four year deal. Sorry.

I called Otis' roster garbage years ago. He collected every garbage contract in the league. Henny needed to use essentially one of the top 3 in the league to get rid of a small amount of Otis trash. Gilbert became the zillion dollar oops that Devos stroked a check for. Baby and others we still pay for so despite getting rid of them it was no great move...just money. Now we have a missed Exum, trading a first for two slots up, Ben Gordon and now the near Otis move of Frye at 31 years old eating a great portion of what Henny vaporized the team for...cap space. I can understand modeling our lineup after the Spurs but unless Pop or Duncan show up here we arent the Spurs. The Spurs NEEDED to scout late round talent for value because they never got a shot high in the draft. The Magic on the other hand are collecting late first talent by the buckets. Ive got the feeling we are starting to head in the wrong direction again. All I know is a 25 win season wont fill the arena. Frye was a bonehead move. Period. Everyone can try to rationalize it but in the end you just dont give a 31 year old average player a four year deal. Sorry.

The knowledge that you exist makes me want to punch myself in the face.

The knowledge that you exist makes me want to punch myself in the face.

And to think I always thought my wife was on facebook all the time. Honey is that you? Come to bed now.

Let me know when Frye makes the all star game...Ill be waiting.