CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Speaking of harkless hardly anyone talks about him he's still so young and has room to grow I think he's gonna make a significant leap this year

He just needs to keep hitting threes and play better defense. he will be ok. He needs to focus on being ariza.

Everyone should watch this. It is very very impressive and I know it is just a highlight reel from summer league. But the way Elfrid plays is just looking like he is going to be special sooner than later.

Main thing to watch - his crossovers are sick, anticipation and reading defense for perfect no look baseline passes, touch on alley oops is fantastic, his shooting motion looks like he will have a consistent 3 point shot down the road. Obviously we know about his defense. But this guy is going to be making serious plays and will be able to find Frye for open 3s off the PnR, and will be chucking alley oops to Vic and Gordon this season:

Also - the soundtrack is just great.

I watched the Exum highlights as well. This is why I think Rob passed on Exum - he's not a PG. Just does not have the playmaking ability Elfrid has. Go ahead and watch both and it should be pretty obvious.

Exum as a SG is great though. He should be very very good. I just wonder if he will be better than Victor at the 2. And yes I am serious. I think victor is just as fast, and he plays better defense.

Gordon's ceiling is Shawn Marion

I honestly think Gordon can be better than that and he has exceptional skills for a man his size. He can be very scary once he fills out and starts hitting a consistent jumper. Quite frankly I could care less if he didn't hit 3's if he develops a LaMarcus Aldridge type of post game. Gordon can honestly be a unique player at the PF position if he develops as we hope he can. Down the road I can see Gordon being a 6'10" (in shoes), 240 lb PF with elite passing, defensive, and playmaking skills with amazing athletic ability.

Everyone should watch this. It is very very impressive and I know it is just a highlight reel from summer league. But the way Elfrid plays is just looking like he is going to be special sooner than later.

Main thing to watch - his crossovers are sick, anticipation and reading defense for perfect no look baseline passes, touch on alley oops is fantastic, his shooting motion looks like he will have a consistent 3 point shot down the road. Obviously we know about his defense. But this guy is going to be making serious plays and will be able to find Frye for open 3s off the PnR, and will be chucking alley oops to Vic and Gordon this season:

I watched the Exum highlights as well. This is why I think Rob passed on Exum - he's not a PG. Just does not have the playmaking ability Elfrid has. Go ahead and watch both and it should be pretty obvious.

Exum as a SG is great though. He should be very very good. I just wonder if he will be better than Victor at the 2. And yes I am serious. I think victor is just as fast, and he plays better defense.

I like Elfrid. Dude's a baller!

I honestly think Gordon can be better than that and he has exceptional skills for a man his size. He can be very scary once he fills out and starts hitting a consistent jumper. Quite frankly I could care less if he didn't hit 3's if he develops a LaMarcus Aldridge type of post game. Gordon can honestly be a unique player at the PF position if he develops as we hope he can. Down the road I can see Gordon being a 6'10" (in shoes), 240 lb PF with elite passing, defensive, and playmaking skills with amazing athletic ability.

AG is bigger and more athletic, but marion is a star player so its not like I am belittling AG's future. Marion has crazy natural instincts that allow him to play above his size and get Rebs, blks, and stls. I am waiting to see that from AG.

Marion's best year was 22pts, 12reb, 2ast, 2stls, and 2blks. I do hope AG gets there but that is not a bad ceiling.

AG has a long way to go to get to those numbers.

If I may ask, what numbers do you see him having?

Very nice! Payton looks like he might just be the PG we have all wanted since Penny got wore out. From Payton's expressions when he makes these great plays, he expects them to work. I really like his confidence.

I am also proud of Rob for having the webos to pass on Payton at number 4.

And lastly, how refreshing to have a bball highlight video not set to rap! Nothing against rap but the jazz was a nice change :D

AG is bigger and more athletic, but marion is a star player so its not like I am belittling AG's future. Marion has crazy natural instincts that allow him to play above his size and get Rebs, blks, and stls. I am waiting to see that from AG.

Marion's best year was 22pts, 12reb, 2ast, 2stls, and 2blks. I do hope AG gets there but that is not a bad ceiling.

AG has a long way to go to get to those numbers.

If I may ask, what numbers do you see him having?

I hope you don't think I was belitting your comparison because I wasn't in anyway. I'm just stating that I believe that Gordon can possibly be better than Marion with hard work. Gordon is bigger and IMO more athletic than Marion was coming out and has the ability to set the basketball world on fire once he figures it out. It excites me that he's only 18 and already has above average intangibles for his age. He could be a bigger Kevin Garnett IMO (without the shooting capability) in a few years. Gordon is a good passer, above average ball handler, and has a great feel for the game and can be a top 5 player in the league in 5-6 years IMO.

To answer your question I think Gordon may struggle his first 2 years but will show improvement from year one to year two.

I think he'll average like 9 ppg, 5 rpg, 4 asst, and 1 spg his rookie season and Payton may look better than him at first.

In 5-6 years I see him averaging 21 ppg, 11 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg, and 1 bpg year in and year out. I can see him being in the running for defensive player of the year every season and a perennial all star. I'm not being a homer but like I said earlier, he can be a modern day Kevin Garnett with similar skills set.

Pick and pop with Payton + Frye all day.

Then when that aint happening. Pick and pop with Oladipo + Frye

To answer your question I think Gordon may struggle his first 2 years but will show improvement from year one to year two.

I think he'll average like 9 ppg, 5 rpg, 4 asst, and 1 spg his rookie season

Don't underestimate him. He will be able to adapt his game to NBA level really fast, I'm sure of that. This guy is a durable learner.

• Upvote 1

I hope you don't think I was belitting your comparison because I wasn't in anyway. I'm just stating that I believe that Gordon can possibly be better than Marion with hard work. Gordon is bigger and IMO more athletic than Marion was coming out and has the ability to set the basketball world on fire once he figures it out. It excites me that he's only 18 and already has above average intangibles for his age. He could be a bigger Kevin Garnett IMO (without the shooting capability) in a few years. Gordon is a good passer, above average ball handler, and has a great feel for the game and can be a top 5 player in the league in 5-6 years IMO.

I think he'll average like 9 ppg, 5 rpg, 4 asst, and 1 spg his rookie season and Payton may look better than him at first.

In 5-6 years I see him averaging 21 ppg, 11 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg, and 1 bpg year in and year out. I can see him being in the running for defensive player of the year every season and a perennial all star. I'm not being a homer but like I said earlier, he can be a modern day Kevin Garnett with similar skills set.

Gordon is a good passer, but there's no way he's ever going to average 6 APG (Boris Diaw averaged 4 APG/ per 36 minutes this year) and he won't approach 4 APG this season either. He may average 3-4 APG in his best year. I see his prime being 18-20 PPG, 9-10 RPG, 2-3 APG, 1 BPG.

I dont see 6asst. that is more for point forwards and play setter. I dont see that in him; with payton and victor.

but i did say his ceiling was

Marion at 22pts, 12reb, 2ast, 2stls, and 2blks

Marion is considered a top flight defender