CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

it is offical. A. Harper, liggins, and b. cook (cookie) were svg players. He wanted them. I want to know how many other scrubs did svg ask for?

The players that make all star teams usually play on the best teams, which Phoenix was, and he had good stats due to the 7 seconds to shoot system Phoenix played. An athletic guy like Marion thrived in that system, and he got most of his points on put backs and transition.

Read the quote below about complementary scorer and fourth option on offense. To me, a star player is the guy you go to when you need a bucket, not the fourth option.

[/size]

http://bleacherrepor...ans-to-the-mavs

Dennis rodman was a star. Mutumbo was a star. marion was a star. Ben wallace was a star. They are not go to scorer but they effected the game in different ways. You dont have to be a go to scorer, to be a star or a major impact player.

even d howard was not a real go to scorer but he was and is a star. He is best as a 2nd or 3rd scorer.

ASK BILL RUSSELL. Was he a star? 15 pts a game.

Shawn Marion was a career 33% shooter from the arc...I had to research it because SportsCenter showed so many of his highlights shooting them that I thought it was higher.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks a career 42% shooter from the free throw line(Gordon) is gonna struggle to even get close to that 33% percent figure ???

The weird thing is he shot 36% from three last year. It's just unusual for that to happen.

Is he going to struggle to shoot from 3 or fts in his career? No clue. He's young enough and the sample size is low enough that it's easier to bet on him improving vs not.

it is offical. A. Harper, liggins, and b. cook (cookie) were svg players. He wanted them. I want to know how many other scrubs did svg ask for?

Not necessarily. It's typical for a coach to bring guys they already coached for second chances, especially if they were good guys. Doesn't say much about his role in bringing them here

Not necessarily. It's typical for a coach to bring guys they already coached for second chances, especially if they were good guys. Doesn't say much about his role in bringing them here

it looks real funny to me.

The players that make all star teams usually play on the best teams, which Phoenix was, and he had good stats due to the 7 seconds to shoot system Phoenix played. An athletic guy like Marion thrived in that system, and he got most of his points on put backs and transition.

Read the quote below about complementary scorer and fourth option on offense. To me, a star player is the guy you go to when you need a bucket, not the fourth option.

[/size]

http://bleacherrepor...ans-to-the-mavs

I read it and like everyone else here besides yourself, I still consider Marion to be a star.

• Upvote 1

The weird thing is he shot 36% from three last year. It's just unusual for that to happen.

Is he going to struggle to shoot from 3 or fts in his career? No clue. He's young enough and the sample size is low enough that it's easier to bet on him improving vs not.

Being a little more specific it was .356 and I will admit I am shocked by that !...Then again, he only shot 45 three's(16 for 45) for the year....That's barely 1 a game and I'm embarrassed to ask this question but to lazy to look it up but isn't the arc in the NBA a longer distance to shoot than what the distance is in college ???

Lastly, Gordon got to the line 180 times last year...Seven away from being the highest on his team....That 76 for 180 he shot from line is just down right ugly !!!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/12/arizona-wildcats

Being a little more specific it was .356 and I will admit I am shocked by that !...Then again, he only shot 45 three's(16 for 45) for the year....That's barely 1 a game and I'm embarrassed to ask this question but to lazy to look it up but isn't the arc in the NBA a longer distance to shoot than what the distance is in college ???

Lastly, Gordon got to the line 180 times last year...Seven away from being the highest on his team....That 76 for 180 he shot from line is just down right ugly !!!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/12/arizona-wildcats

yes. a big difference in the range. not big in the corners though.

I read it and like everyone else here besides yourself, I still consider Marion to be a star.

Marion was a star. I'm not sure why that poster wants to keep arguing about this topic, but if to him a 4 time all star and multiple ring winner isn't an NBA star—so be it. Like you said earlier, if Gordon puts up Marion type numbers I would be thrilled with that.

Wallace

Just saw former UConn stars Ben Gordon and Shabazz Napier catch up in hallway before Heat play summer league game.

kpelton Kevin Pelton

Today we've seen the Shabazz Napier who was my favorite player to watch in college hoops last year.

Marion was a star. I'm not sure why that poster wants to keep arguing about this topic, but if to him a 4 time all star and multiple ring winner isn't an NBA star—so be it. Like you said earlier, if Gordon puts up Marion type numbers I would be thrilled with that.

i think marion has one ring with dallas but I agree with the rest.

Anybody see the Nick Johnson dunk from Saturday? Awesome play. That and the Jarnell Stokes dunk yesterday. Unfortunately for Tim Ohlbrecht he was on the receiving end of both.