CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Forgot to add I keep running into Drummond dt. I am pretty sure he has a condo here or is renting (I didn't ask). He said he thinks Gordon is a beast.

Drummond is a real cool dude. Nobody really recognizes him even though he is gargantuan.

Drummond is here to watch the Summer League I think. Plus I've heard Stan might still be operating out of Orlando this off-season.

I still wish we picked Noel over Oladipo, but you gotta like what Vic brings.

ill take victor, he is going to be a sud for years to come.

Drummond is here to watch the Summer League I think. Plus I've heard Stan might still be operating out of Orlando this off-season.

Yep, I just think he also has a condo here that he rents or owns as well.

Monday is the next game. And Noel has played 1 summer league game and people (person) are saying they wished we drafted him...

He only grabbed 2 rebounds and that's really concerning. His frame will make him one of the easier players in the league to be boxed out. And not to pick his game a part to much but honestly I felt like 3-4 of his buckets were complete luck. He was flailing around arms and legs going in every which direction and the ball happened to go in. He seriously scored some of the ugliest baskets I've ever seen. Ugly baskets count the same are pretty ones but I just question if the roll will continue to be that friendly to him.

Love to see the people who freak out over one game with young rooks.

Gordon- Dude will be a star. He's 6'9 and slashes to the hole like a guard. He made some rookie mistakes but I expected that. He's a Shawn Marion through and through. Needs to work on defensive rebounding but he's way more of a Marion then a Griffin which I rather have anyways.

Shawn Marion was a star?

I think we need to trade Aaron Gordon for Chris Duhon so that we can improve our shooting.

That's really what's missing from this team is shooting and based off of one game I'm in full panic mode and questioning every move Rob has made this off season and am ready for him to get the boot and bring Otis back. Payton's days in the NBA (based off of 17 minutes in a summer league game) are numbered. I would trade Gordon right now for anyone that can shoot because he is a PF and went 3-11 in his first game ever as well. I just don't see how we win a title this year with those 2 guys on the team.

Shawn Marion was a star?

Have you ever looked at Marions earlier years in the NBA? Seven years of scoring over 17ppg and 8 years of grabbing over 9 boards per game and was an All-Star 4 times. If Gordon becomes that and has a successful 15 year NBA career, yea I'll call that the career of a star.

Have you ever looked at Marions earlier years in the NBA? Seven years of scoring over 17ppg and 8 years of grabbing over 9 boards per game and was an All-Star 4 times. If Gordon becomes that and has a successful 15 year NBA career, yea I'll call that the career of a star.

People forget how good Marion was. He was the Duncan stopper and was on multiple all nba third teams.

Steve Nash had a way of making his teammates look better than they were.

He put up 19 and 9.9; 21 and 9.5 in back to back seasons with Steph Marbury at point lol.

Edit: in fact, his 5 best years were without Nash. He didn't get there until 04-05