CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

i still want to see it before anyone breaks the bank. people talking about max money is laughable.

The first time I've seen it suggested that Harris get max money is this post.

You're countering arguments that aren't real, or at the very least are incredibly rare.

i still want to see it before anyone breaks the bank. people talking about max money is laughable.

As Dom said, nobody here has mentioned giving Harris max money, so I have no idea where you are reading that. The point of my post is that I think Harris likes it here and if he is willing to sign an extension for reasonable money, we need to make it happen because I have a gut feeling if he has a strong season, somebody is going to drive the price up, not to max money, but to an amount that might make it a difficult decision to keep him.

i just wasted a hour of my time looking for that dumb quote. maybe i read something wrong.

Someone said Vuc might get the max based on the current FA market.

Someone said Vuc might get the max based on the current FA market.

I was thinking that i must have miss read something along those lines. their was a conersation about parson and salaries. but it must have been vuc.

The main thing for me is that we dont over pay players; like the eric bledseo thing. great teams find ways to have far contracts. it will be the only way to keep and get the talent we need to compete.

I was thinking that i must have miss read something along those lines. their was a conersation about parson and salaries. but it must have been vuc.

The main thing for me is that we dont over pay players; like the eric bledseo thing. great teams find ways to have far contracts. it will be the only way to keep and get the talent we need to compete.

Eric Bledsoe is not a great example. He thinks he is worth way more than his market value, he has 48mil over 4 on the table and refuses to take it.

I am hoping that both Vucevic and Harris decide they want to stay with us and get locking into fair contracts for 5 years each.

Harris to get max money? You can't be serious. Listen, I like Harris, but alot of people really over-value him right now; honestly, I wasn't impressed that much after he came back from injury last season. He really needs to step it up this upcoming season -- he has to prove that he's even worth resigning at this point.

Now Vuc I can understand. Dude is a center that can rebound, has offense with decent range, and is a pretty good defender down low who's likely to just keep improving year after year. The guy's a beast.

Harris to get max money? You can't be serious. Listen, I like Harris, but alot of people really over-value him right now; honestly, I wasn't impressed that much after he came back from injury last season. He really needs to step it up this upcoming season -- he has to prove that he's even worth resigning at this point.

Now Vuc I can understand. Dude is a center that can rebound, has offense with decent range, and is a pretty good defender down low who's likely to just keep improving year after year. The guy's a beast.

Nobody has said max money with Harris.

I'd like to give Harris a similar deal to Lance Stephensons new deal in Charlotte, 3 years, last year player option, 9 mil a year. Thats a deal that could be beneficial to both sides in the long run.

Eric Bledsoe is not a great example. He thinks he is worth way more than his market value, he has 48mil over 4 on the table and refuses to take it.

I am hoping that both Vucevic and Harris decide they want to stay with us and get locking into fair contracts for 5 years each.

well that was my point. I dont want harris thinking he is worth that type of money either.

Let's try this one more time. Who said Harris should get max money? That should keep you busy for the rest of the day.

We are well acclimated to claims of “rebuilding” being met with charges of “tanking” when teams aggressively clear veteran salary and acquire assets while plummeting to the bottom of the standings. However you view teams that go into win-later mode, the reality is that many franchises are convinced that the method is the best bet to build a long-term winner.

I’ve summarized the moves for each team that won 25 games or fewer last season. This excludes the Lakers and Kings, teams in the Western Conference with recent records and expectations that typify a rebuild, but front offices using the free agent and trade markets to gain older, more expensive talent in ways that defy a standard rebuild.

• Orlando: The Magic began the offseason by trading away their best veteran piece inArron Afflalo, the kind of move typical for a team doubling down on rebuilding efforts. However, they have since added veteran free agents Channing Frye, Ben Gordon, andLuke Ridnour, all of whom could be more productive as starters then their younger positional counterparts in Orlando. The Magic also added lottery picks in point guardElfrid Payton and power forward Aaron Gordon to their young core of Victor Oladipo,Nikola Vucevic, and Tobias Harris. Orlando owns all of its future first-round draft picks, and is owed many second rounders in the next few years. Head coach Jacque Vaughnis the longest tenured among these teams, entering just his third season on the bench.
  • Which team do you think is closest to seeing the fruits of their rebuild? A team like the Magic would appear to be moving forward more aggressively than the ultra-methodical Sixers, but an impatient shortcut to team improvement could end up stalling a team’s ultimate resurgence. Meanwhile, a team like Boston appears more likely to turn their assets into star players, but until they do, there is less to be excited about from their developing roster than some of the other clubs.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com