CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Thanks for the link....Yeah, our 3 lottery draft picks combined for 11 of the teams 17 turnovers....But I thought Olidipo played well....Actually turned his ankle but told the coach not to take him out, in a summer league !!!....I can tell Dipo is tough, mentally and physically.

Didn't you just say it was only one game like 3 posts ago? Did you somehow forget that fact when not talking about a former Kentucky player?

Stats aside, I loved what I saw from Gordon. The guy is super raw, but is going to be a highlight reel for us his first few years while he figures it out. Obviously his shot needs work, but he follows his misses, can finish under the rim and defended very very well. He can take it to the hole hard and can guard anybody on the floor.

Payton needs a lot of work, but he will be excellent at getting assists early on. He is not comfortable on the floor yet, but this is a guy who came out of nowhere and needs to adjust to the bright lights. His ball handling needs work as he seems like he is not really showcasing what he can do yet.

I don't see him starting for a while.

Oladipo was dominant. This guy should be all star after one more season. He is shooting the ball well and is just relentless. I really liked what I saw from him today. Very impressive.

Loved Noel. He was a guy I really wanted here, but Oladipo is just as good for us. Noel's defense is excellent, especially on pick and rolls. I love how his long arms can reach in and get steals. He is a defensive anchor and with Embiid next to him, that could be incredibly scary.

Marble has a shot at making the team, but we have so many wings it is going to be very tough. Osby looks like a monster. Both of these guys will catch on somewhere if they don't make the team.

I really liked Dedmon. He got bigger and had a vicious block today that was just nasty. We have some options at PF and C to look at.

Didn't you just say it was only one game like 3 posts ago? Did you somehow forget that fact when not talking about a former Kentucky player?

Yeah, since I already said it I didn't think I had to say it again....Just looking at the boxscore for this game and repeating stats....Gordon and Payton struggled....Noel after being off for 18 months didn't...That's it....Not the end of the world for any player in a summer league at the risk of being repetitive.

Payton had 5 assists in 17 minutes

Yea, honestly despite the bad stuff he showed (turnovers, passive) I was impressed with his defense and his play making.

I didn't like seeing him take a three today, that shouldn't be his role here. Defense and rebounding is what he should focus on this season IMO, his scoring will have to come in transition, put backs etc.

I disagree. I don't want him jacking 3's from everywhere but if he's open he needs to take them. I'd like it, and I think the team would as well, if he could at least be a serviceable shooter to keep the defense honest.

I disagree. I don't want him jacking 3's from everywhere but if he's open he needs to take them. I'd like it, and I think the team would as well, if he could at least be a serviceable shooter to keep the defense honest.

Agreed, like Serge Ibaka light

I have a fear since we have already signed Green and Ben Gordon that there won't be be room on the roster for Marble no matter how good he plays in summer league. I really like the versatility of a guy who is capable of playing three different positions.