Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Summer Trade Proposal Thread

Local radio up here in the land of 10,000 lakes is hoping that Lebron bolts back to Cleveland, and then the Cavs would trade the first overall for Love.

How is it up there in MN? My family and I were thinking about moving there.

I still read the boards every day, I just don't post as much. Minnesota's pretty great, actually, and me and the family LOVE it up here. I came up here in mid-September, the wife and kids in mid-November. Felt bad for them, because at least when I got here, it was still reasonably warm. They went from 80s in Palm Coast to 30s in Minny in about a 24 hour span. We hit -35 (actual temp)/-70 (wind chill) a couple times, and everyone around says how this is the worst winter they've seen in like 20+ years. But the last of the snow melted back in April, the sun is shining, we're hitting into the mid 80s, grass is green, bushes and trees recovering, it's beautiful.

Back to basketball, I about laughed myself off the road when I heard the guy say that Cleveland should trade their number 1 overall pick for freaking Kevin Love. I'd much rather have Wiggins than Love, wouldn't y'all?

@ESPNSteinLine: Going online now: ESPN sources say Nets and Cavs are discussing Marcus Thornton-for-Jarrett Jack trade

What a crappy trade

@ESPNSteinLine: Going online now: ESPN sources say Nets and Cavs are discussing Marcus Thornton-for-Jarrett Jack trade

What a crappy trade

At least it will get the trading period off to a start.

Nikola Mirotic sounds excellent. I wonder whether Henny is trying to use AA to secure his rights.

He didn’t have just four ordinary years, either. He had four impressive ones. He won the Euroleague Rising Star Award his first two seasons, awarded to the best player under 22 on July 1 the summer before it starts. He is the only two-time winner in the award’s history. He won the ACB MVP awarded to the best professional player in Spain for 2013. He won the Copa del Rey de Baloncesto MVP in 2014. Essentially, that’s the equivalent of the Rookie of the Year, MVP and Finals MVP of the league he plays in. That league, Liga ACB, is considered to be the second-best professional league in the world behind only the NBA.

In 31 games this year, he averaged 12.4 points, on 53.7 percent shooting from two and 46.1 percent from three, to go with 4.6 rebounds. Those stats undersell his value too as he only played 24.0 minutes per game. According to his profile page, during the regular season, he led the league in “index rating,” the Euroleague equivalent of player efficiency rating. He was sixth in blocks and seventh in points. In the postseason he was sixth in index rating, second in defensive rebounds, second in steals and sixth in total rebounds.The Bulls got his rights as an investment, knowing it would be years before he left Spain for the NBA, and have watched his stock dramatically rise.

One executive, after seeing Mirotic play, said the power forward originally from Montenegro would go “top two or three for sure” if he was in the 2014 draft and “maybe even one.” Mirotic could be in Chicago next season.

http://bleacherrepor...ng-power-forwar

Back to basketball, I about laughed myself off the road when I heard the guy say that Cleveland should trade their number 1 overall pick for freaking Kevin Love. I'd much rather have Wiggins than Love, wouldn't y'all?

Yes, but not every team shares that opinion.

Yes, but not every team shares that opinion.

Are there seriously any teams out there who would trade the first overall in this class for Kevin Love?

I mean, I know DOM would...

Are there seriously any teams out there who would trade the first overall in this class for Kevin Love?

I mean, I know DOM would...

Oh.. that old timey sarcasm

Local radio up here in the land of 10,000 lakes is hoping that Lebron bolts back to Cleveland, and then the Cavs would trade the first overall for Love.

Irving / Waiters / LeBron / Love / Varejao, Zeller or Hawes

That line up could take them back to being one of the best teams in the east. Granted it is a risk to trade the first pick in the draft for Love, but to be part of a new 'big three', I think Love would end up re-signing with them because it would give him a good chance of competing for a championship.

@mrlarryridley: #NBA Sources close to Arron Afflalo tell me #Orlando #Magic are getting trade offers for him, team is weighing deal

*holds breath*