Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Summer Trade Proposal Thread

I wouldn't give anything up for Gibson. He's older than Afflalo and in my opinion his potential impact isn't worth paying him 8 million a year for the next 3 years. I'd take him off Chicago's hands for nothing if they wanted to give him away to clear up cap space but that's about it and I think they'd get better offers.

The average age in the NBA is 27. He's not old.

Taj is the perfect complement to Vooch. In my book he's one of the most underrated players in the league. Here are some advanced stats (http://www.82games.c...314/13CHI14.HTM), which show he's the man at PF and C. This postseason, Taj averaged 18 its, 6 boards and 2.4 blocks on 56% shooting. Obviously, I'm extremely high on this dude and believe he's a borderline all-star.

The average age in the NBA is 27. He's not old.

When I said "He's older than Afflalo" it wasn't a comment on him being old. It was a comment on the fact that people seem to want to trade Afflalo because he's too old or because he won't be in his prime when the rest of the team is but Gibson is virtually the same age (slightly older).

For Chicago to make its bid for Anthony, it will need to amnesty the contract of Carlos Boozer and unload forward Taj Gibson and at least one more player. The Bulls could enjoy an easier path to the NBA Finals than Houston, which competes in the much stronger Western Conference. Anthony has an affinity for Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, but ultimately Anthony must also weigh in his decision the future health of guard Derrick Rose.

http://sports.yahoo....-161206919.html

• It’s no secret the Bulls would like to add Carmelo Anthony to their already potent roster this summer, and in order to increase financial flexibility, KC Johnson of the Chicago Tribune reveals (on Twitter) that the Bulls would prefer not to bring aboard two rookie scale contracts in the draft. Chicago would also prefer to unload Carlos Boozer‘s expensive contract in a sign-and-trade, tweets Johnson.

When I said "He's older than Afflalo" it wasn't a comment on him being old. It was a comment on the fact that people seem to want to trade Afflalo because he's too old or because he won't be in his prime when the rest of the team is but Gibson is virtually the same age (slightly older).

OK, but if we do trade Afflalo this is even more reason to get a veteran presence on this team that will also fill a need that we might not get in this years draft. His salary is affordable considering what he could bring to this team. And, yes, you are right about another team probably giving them a better offer than nothing.

If they do that trade and amnesty Boozer, they should have enough cap space to get Melo. Would that trade fly with CBA rules, or would we have to add another player? I like it if it can happen.

If we trade before draft, we'd have to send back $$$, but if we wait until July, we don't have to send anything. We can have an agreement in place that we pick their player at 12, and we complete the deal a few weeks later.

And after lurking their forums, seems like most of the fans (of course, fans' opinion mean nothing) would give up one of their picks + Gibson to get the cap space for Melo. We could easily do #12 for #16 or 19 + Gibson. That helps shed $1.something in cap holds. Then at 16/19, we take BPA (thinking draft & stash player).

Nelson*/Exum/Lamb

Affalo/Oladipo

Harkless**/Harris**

Gibson/Nicholson/KOQ

Vucevic/KOQ/Dedmon

*starting PG subject to change. **starting SF is based on balance with starting lineup. this is also subject to change based on starting PG

another scenario I'd like to make is trade for Lin & Terrance Jones. We get Jones for taking Lin's salary off their books to pursue Melo. Gibson is the better defender, but Jones is younger, has higher upside, and can grow with our core. By getting Lin, we get a starting PG for the year, and let Exum come off the bench while he learns/adjusts. In this scenario, we keep our pick to shore up the holes on the roster, and maybe send Nicholson back.

Lin/Exum/Lamb

Afflalo/Oladipo

Harris/Harkless

Jones/Nicholson/KOQ

Vucevic/KOQ/Dedmon

After a year, Exum & Oladipo will be starters.

The reason I would trade AA is because he is not going to be here next year and we can get good return on him. I think gibson has a great contract for a big that can defend and score.