Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Summer Trade Proposal Thread

Apparently the picks will both be the best of the Blazers or Bulls 2nd round picks in each year. Probably looking at being in the 50's but better than nothing and they're virtually free.

We will probably never use them either, just helps us in future trades (keeping our 2nd rounders which probably will be lower and trading those).

We will probably never use them either, just helps us in future trades (keeping our 2nd rounders which probably will be lower and trading those).

I could see us using them to trade up in the second round if Hennigan sees a prospect he really likes available.

I could see us using them to trade up in the second round if Hennigan sees a prospect he really likes available.

Yeah that is what I mean, we will probably not use them to draft someone, most likely will be used in a trade either as a filler or to package and move up to a position where we can strike.

Free picks cool. Sounds like we are cutting Randolph, but even if we don't he's expiring so good trade.

Based on everything I've read, he's getting waived

• Upvote 1

Free picks cool. Sounds like we are cutting Randolph, but even if we don't he's expiring so good trade.

We got cash in the trade as well, so that will probably cover at least a portion of his waived salary (From FO and Ownership point of view).

I do actually wonder about Randolph, at only 24 he almost sounds like another of Rob's hidden gem possibilities. Didn't he have a 42 point summer league game a few years ago? Depending on when/if his contract is guaranteed, we may see him at least make training camp.

I do actually wonder about Randolph, at only 24 he almost sounds like another of Rob's hidden gem possibilities. Didn't he have a 42 point summer league game a few years ago? Depending on when/if his contract is guaranteed, we may see him at least make training camp.

1. his birthday is today (happy birthday Anthony). He is 25.

2. He's played in 252 career games in 6 seasons for 4 different nba teams. He had a few great games for Minnesota but that's about it. He doesn't really do anything all that well.

3. He's not a bad end of bench guy but it makes more sense to keep Nicholson for now.

1. his birthday is today (happy birthday Anthony). He is 25.

2. He's played in 252 career games in 6 seasons for 4 different nba teams. He had a few great games for Minnesota but that's about it. He doesn't really do anything all that well.

3. He's not a bad end of bench guy but it makes more sense to keep Nicholson for now.

And I would not be surprised at all to see him get traded again, or get waived. I am just thinking that if he is already guaranteed there probably isn't any harm in at least putting him through training camp and possibly pre-season. You can waive him at any point. Obviously, if you need the roster spot for someone else, or if he is a distraction, you let him go; but if you don't, and you are already paying him, you might as well keep him on the end of your bench. You never know when you may need "trade filler".

Tell me again why we released Jameer instead of using him to acquire an asset?

The Cleveland Cavaliers are working to obtain non-guaranteed contracts through trades that could be a part of a package with Minnesota to acquire All-Star forward Kevin Love, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Cleveland's discussions with Minnesota have escalated with the Cavaliers' willingness to include No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins in the deal, sources said. Without Wiggins, there's no other combination of Cleveland players and picks that would interest Minnesota. Once Wiggins signs his rookie contract, a trade involving him can't be formally completed for 30 days. The Cavaliers are working to obtain non-guaranteed contracts through trades that could be part of a package for Love, allowing the Cavaliers to deliver players that could be released immediately upon completion of a deal, sources said. This would give Minnesota salary-cap relief as part of a trade.

http://sports.yahoo....-185536749.html

Because his deal would have been guaranteed by now lol

I understand we had to make a decision by July 16, but he was waived June 30. Why not wait until the deadline and if anything comes up? I find it hard to believe his favorable contract couldn't have brought back a future first.

I believe Hennigan explored Nelson trades, using his contract to offer cap savings, as the Raptors did withJohn Salmons. So, if Hennigan couldn’t find an acceptable deal, there’s nothing wrong with waiving Nelson.

But July 16 is a long way off, and circumstances can change quickly. Quite possibly, a team could have offered a desirable trade necessitating Nelson’s contract before then.

Again, this might all fall under professional courtesy, and that’s a nice gesture if that’s the case. It’s also squandering an asset, though.

http://probasketball...-jameer-nelson/