Stu Bronsilino

who's in, who's out - roster spots, draft picks and contracts

So current roster is

Payton

Oladipo

Harris/Harkless

Gordon/Nicholson

Vucevic/O'Quinn

And I can just about guarantee we are nowhere near whatever the cap floor is. Didn't include Maxiell or Price cause I'd be shocked if either were back. Potentially Marble and Dedmon could make the team. Am I forgetting anyone?

You left out Fournier.

Payton/?

Dipo/Fournier/Marble?

Harris/Harkless

Gordon/Nicholson

Vuc/Oquinn/Dedmon?

I think Maxiell is gone but they might keep Price as a cost effective back-up. My guess is Dipo will still slide over to PG when Payton comes off the court.

You left out Fournier.

Payton/?

Dipo/Fournier/Marble?

Harris/Harkless

Gordon/Nicholson

Vuc/Oquinn/Dedmon?

I think Maxiell is gone but they might keep Price as a cost effective back-up. My guess is Dipo will still slide over to PG when Payton comes off the court.

Oh, I did. Good call. Should be an interesting free agency period. I agree with you on a main 3 guard rotation with Vic backing up the 1. I hope if the intention is to play a vet backup point, it's not Ronnie Price.

You left out Fournier.

Payton/?

Dipo/Fournier/Marble?

Harris/Harkless

Gordon/Nicholson

Vuc/Oquinn/Dedmon?

And Willie Green

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2115043-report-magic-claim-willie-green-off-waivers

Willie Green can put some points on the board!

I think it may be

Payton/Dipo/FA

Dipo/Green/Fournier/Marble?

Harris/Harkless

Gordon/O'Quinn/Nicholson

Vuc//Dedmon/O'Quinn

So we only NEED 1 more guy for the minimum roster but we need some major salary to hit the floor. Plus Marble will probably be sent to our D League team so we probably need 2 more decent salaried FAs

Doron Lamb was waived also

http://sports.yahoo....40104--spt.html

And Moore's option wasn't picked up. So, at the "guard" position right now, we have:

PG: Payton, Price

SG: Oladipo, Fournier, Marble (if he makes the team, plus he can play SF)

No more of Moore and Lamb....I'm relieved by that.

No more of Moore and Lamb....I'm relieved by that.

Agreed! So far I am happy with the way the roster is taking shape, yes I am sad Nelson is gone (has been my all time fav player, and he is a good person as well!) But Green > Lamb and Moore. We also have opened up plenty of playing time for the young guys to develop. I look at this year different to the last two years, those years we were still trying to clean out the roster, this year is our first of no player from the Dwight era. Fresh start, I am excited to watch the youngings develop over the season, even if that means small amount of wins.

I actually didn't mind Moore on the team.

Was it his inability to see the court? or his lack of defense?

Was it his inability to see the court? or his lack of defense?

I thought he played pretty decent when given the chance. No he didn't light it up but he brought a little bit of scoring off the bench.

Any news on Maxiell?

From rotoworld yesterday.

The Magic are expected to waive veteran forward Jason Maxiell if he isn't traded in the next couple of days, according to a source of Yahoo! Sports.

At this point in Maxiell's career, he doesn't offer much more than a veteran presence. Maxiell played 34 games for the Magic last season, averaging 3.2 points, 2.5 rebounds, and not much else. His contract of $2.5 million for the 2014-15 season becomes fully guaranteed if he is not waived on, or before, the July 10 deadline. Wherever Maxiell lands, he will not be considered a fantasy option in any format.

Ok so Chandler Parson... whats a respectable # and what would it really take to get him here? We have the youth talent we're just missing a shooter. Also thoughts on bringing in a Vince Carter, always has been a great player for Magic and fits that vet role while also putting up some points SPLASH??